CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

From the above link:

“When detectives arrived, the bodies were found near each other and confirmed to be Amandeep Dheri, 39, Jasdeep Dheri, 36, Jasleen Kaur, 27, and 8-month-old baby Aroohi Dheri.

Multiple law enforcement agencies are set to arrive and they expect to be out there all night to process the scene.

Sheriff Warnke says all the details will be released soon but does believe the family was killed on the day of the kidnapping which was on Monday. He says the victims were dead even before deputies knew of the crime.”
Lest anyone be confused about the various last names, I can't say I understand it but the cousins tried to explain it in one of the posted videos. "Singh" is actually a middle name usually and is very common among Sikhs. It means "lion." Dheri was the family name.

Crime labs from DOJ coming in, per PC.

Also,

Reporter: “Was the suspect able to tell you anything about the scene?”

Sheriff: “We got information from the suspect, we’re going to keep that close to our chest at this point, but that suspect has in fact been talking to us.”

Lest anyone be confused about the various last names, I can't say I understand it but the cousins tried to explain it in one of the posted videos. "Singh" is actually a middle name usually and is very common among Sikhs. It means "lion." Dheri was the family name.

I thought that this was interesting. It is in answer to the question "why do so many Sikhs have the last name Singh or Kaur?"

The Sikh Gurus sought to abolish the Indian caste system that assigned value and rights to individuals based on the families they were born into. As part of the movement to end caste discrimination and promote equality among all humans, followers of Sikhism were encouraged to adopt common last names, leaving no identifiable differences between individuals from rich or poor backgrounds. Men were instructed to adopt the last name Singh, meaning lion, and women were encouraged to use Kaur, meaning princess. The use of Kaur, as opposed to adopting family names in marriage, promotes women as individuals with value and identities existing independently of their relationships with men.

I thought that this was interesting. It is in answer to the question "why do so many Sikhs have the last name Singh or Kaur?"

The Sikh Gurus sought to abolish the Indian caste system that assigned value and rights to individuals based on the families they were born into. As part of the movement to end caste discrimination and promote equality among all humans, followers of Sikhism were encouraged to adopt common last names, leaving no identifiable differences between individuals from rich or poor backgrounds. Men were instructed to adopt the last name Singh, meaning lion, and women were encouraged to use Kaur, meaning princess. The use of Kaur, as opposed to adopting family names in marriage, promotes women as individuals with value and identities existing independently of their relationships with men.

yes i am from India only and usually girls who are Sikh usually have their last name as "Kaur" and boys/men don't.

Looking at the mother and baby and their dark eyes I'm reminded of 3 yr old Lina Sardar Khil who vanished from the playground of her family's apartment last December in San Antonio. If only her case was afforded the urgency that this team showed for this beautiful family that lost their lives too soon.
In Lina's case, the public/SM vitriol directed at the mother because she did not speak English or was not in front of media cameras was horrible. The thought of having to endure your child missing when you turn your back and then have the focus turned toward the parent rather than the missing child seems almost too much to bear. Where is Lina?

In the video article on this page it says the DA will seek the death penalty in this case ..

Sorry I don’t know how to copy the video to this page ….

Part of me is sick. But I am also confused. It makes no sense even for a criminal.
Will we really know what happened in those hours LE can do the best they can with the evidence and info they have, but we don't know exactly what transpired in the hours they were missing. I hope this not a horrific case as others have been terrifying when it came to ATM pins. I can think of quite a few. And they are all extremely disturbing.

I can. I have been held at gunpoint, 30+ years ago in Mexico by two guys impersonating police officers. The guy with the gun was stumbling drunk, which was the scariest part. In the moment I would not describe it as terrifying to be honest. Survival instinct kicked in and we cooperated and remained calm. It ended quickly with a $20 payment.

But the experience left a vivid memory. AFTERWARDS we were all (4 of us) a little freaked out but in the moment, and upon reflection, staying calm and cooperating probably saved our lives. We reported it to the actual police in the next town over the next day. They were very professional and actually took a report and followed up with a photo lineup at our hotel later of the police officers in the town where it happened. They were honest that very little would be done because we had so little information. There were no license plates on the car, the "police light" was a flashing bicycle light, etc. We only gave a fairly vague description of the two guys. But I was impressed with their professionalism. They even mailed us a report to the US later.
Crime is everywhere the fact it was more than one individual that held you and your friends up is concerning in he sense that it was a joint decision made on thier parts to do this. Would they have been caught? IDK soemtimes IMO its the stick together mentality like a gang that accepts the crime and says its ok, they are foriegners or make some toher excuse to justify it. Its that mentality that covers the criminality. Nothing was going to happen to them. MOO. That is why crime happens because people make excuses to justify it. Often times the perps and sometimes others who don't want it to reflect badly on hmeselves, so hush hush its under the rug. But that's the difference between honesty and not. Its a crazy world out there.

For all the posts asking why the suspect returned to kill the woman and child, I would suggest that it’s because he clearly learned, from the outcome of his previous violent home invasion and robbery, the importance of leaving no living witnesses behind to ID him. So rather than take the chance he’d have to return to prison, he executed three innocent adults and one innocent baby. “Cowardly” is too soft a word to describe this behavior.

The sheriff explained that 2 transactions hit the central bank at the same time and they subsequently sent a picture of the wrong one.
The fact he was walking is odd. Did LE say whether he owns a car?
Maybe the collecting of recyclables was just a ploy to get them to interact with them. I wonder if he had been there before, either when they first opened or preparing to open, asking for work. As a few suggested earlier, they almost seemed to know him.

I just can't believe he would kill all four, including a BABY, for some money! He must have known it wouldn't be long before police caught up to him.

I am so sorry for this family and I hope their strong faith will guide and carry them through this tragic time.

My heart is with the family who lost their precious loved ones.

This is so gut wrenching and unfathomable that a human being would do this.

I can barely look at their beautiful faces in the photos.

Read more at:
California Kidnapping: Indian origin Kidnapped Sikh family, including baby, found dead in California | - Times of India

Excerpts:

"The authorities said that the family was taken by a convicted robber, Jesus Salgado, who tried to kill himself a day after the kidnappings."

"Relatives of Salgado, 48, contacted authorities reporting that he had admitted to them
that he was involved in the kidnapping ... "

If the family did hire Salgado, would a police check have picked this up?

Do small businesses in California routinely do police checks (by form)?

Perhaps because trucking is such a huge industry within that agricultural area, police checks for truckers aren't usually done because of the overwhelming number of new truck drivers?

Unless he didn't work for them - but just randomly chose their business? I don't know, of course.

JMO

"The man, who owned a central valley trucking company, said Salgado worked for him for two years. After firing Salgado the man said Salgado showed up at his home with a ski mask one night in December 2005."

Last edited:
Absolutely horrible news. Makes me sick to my stomach. The death penalty is too good for this guy.

Interesting that the robbery and false imprisonment in 2005 was also a trucking company owner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back