Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
“My mind has thought the worst and it’s prayed for the best. You know, I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times,” said Billie Howell, in a phone interview with WTOC News.

Snipped and bolded for emphasis.
Sad !
Also sounds like the babysitter cared for them often, even while the mom and bf were at home ?
A chaotic situation.
M00.

Just caught up on this sad thread. This one is not going to have a happy ending.

I do wonder, with LE searching other properties owned by the step-grandfather. I wonder if there is any reason for that other than to try to eliminate potential suspects from among those who lived in the home. My guess is that is the only reason, unless LE suspect that others in the home may have had or gotten access to those properties. This certainly seems to point to one or two people likely to be involved, if this proves to be foul play, as I suspect it will. I pray little Quenton will be found soon, and will hope for the best, while prepare for the worst. JMO

Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts. She said they would fight all the time.

“It was just horrible. I was like, ‘Look. We have a house that we want to home to and live in peace, but we can’t do that with y’alls mess.’”

On Sept 16th, the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office mailed Leilani Simon and the boyfriend Daniel Youngkin an eviction notice, according the Chatham County court records. Howell said she believes her daughter received the notice last week.

“I was trying to get back home before she left. Like I said it was only supposed to be three weeks. I didn’t want her leaving the house with the kids because my husband was here and we have (the babysitter) down the road who takes care of them all the time.”

Howell said she’s had custody of Quinton and his oldest brother since Quinton was 5-months-old. Her daughter moved back within the past couple of months and recently gave birth to a baby girl.
Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning

TY @Allabouttrial this answers so many of our questions from the past several pages.

So, home is owned by Mr and Mrs Howell. Billie is the mother of Leilani and grandmother of Quinton and his siblings. Her husband is stepfather to Leilani. Leilani, her boyfriend, Daniel Youngkin, and Leilani's children moved into the Howell household a few months back and there has been nothing but drama ever since. Quinton has an older brother and an infant sister. Quinton's mother and boyfriend were recently served with eviction notice from the Howells. Billie Howell was in IL working and has travelled back to GA upon hearing the news that Quinton was missing. To me, this article makes it sound as if the Howells were paying for the sitter. I assume that she was concerned about the care the children were receiving or not during her absences travelling for her work. Also sounds a bit like she is feeling guilty for leaving the state but figured since her husband was going to be around he would keep an eye on the grands and the volatile home situation. Wonder what took Mr. Howell out of the house and how long he was gone? We know the sitter saw Quinton alive and well the day before he was reported missing.
Not familiar with the law regarding this, but one person had custody. They go out of town and leave the child with people who lost custody for some reason. I don't know if there is any ruling about that in this case or what, if any, Georgia law covers this situation. I am perplexed.

From that same link: "Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts."
She left to go out of town while it was likely the daughter and boyfriend were angry at the eviction notification. Who had custody while grandmother was out of town?

But why if she couldn’t be there to care for all of them? I understand she probably has a good heart, but you don’t leave children that you have custody of in an unstable environment.
I am unsure how GA custody works or even child custody, but can the Grandma have custody with Mother having visitation? It was mentioned in the very beginning that even the Bio Father had visitations with the little one. So Grandma may have been trying to care for the kids but still continue to allow Mother & Father relationships with the Little one, OR it was Court ordered somehow.

“I was trying to get back home before she left. Like I said it was only supposed to be three weeks. I didn’t want her leaving the house with the kids because my husband was here and we have (the babysitter) down the road who takes care of them all the time.” LINK
IMO, my interpretation of the statement I quoted above (from Q's grandmother, BH) is that, although the custodial grandmother was out of town temporarily (3 weeks) for work, she expected the babysitter to be watching them during the day and her husband was keeping an eye on them while they were home. This earlier interview with him stated that

"Howell was out of town when he got the news and his wife is still driving in from out of state,"

which makes me think the step-grandfather was not in IL with his wife. It's possible he may have just left early that morning (thus the strange claim, too, about his stepdaughter (Q's mom) telling him that Q's father had picked him up -- maybe he'd asked where Q was that morning, as he was getting ready/leaving?)

But why if she couldn’t be there to care for all of them? I understand she probably has a good heart, but you don’t leave children that you have custody of in an unstable environment.

Grandma could have arranged with babysitter to have the children whilst her and hubby away, in an attempt to safeguard them - may have only been a very short period without either one of them there and they certainly wouldn't have expected this to happen.

Moo

No, she was not fine, that's why there were also the grandma's husband and the babysitter to take care over the kids.
That is true. I was basing my opinion on the fact that when the little boy went missing neither of those people were there but that probably wasn't the case for the full 3 weeks, we of course don't know how long the grandfather had been/was going to be away.

I don't imagine that would create a great atmosphere in the household if that is the case. Of course it might not be and every family is different. Just seems very strange to me.
I get what you mean. Unfortunately I can imagine this, as my family is very dysfunctional and there are quite a few family members that would bleed me dry if I didn't set boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam