MS - Rasheem Carter, 25, called mom said life in danger, Smith County, scattered remains found in 2022 and 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
LAUREL, Miss. (WHLT) – Laurel police are working to find a missing person.

Rasheem Ryelle Carter, 25, of Fayette, is described as six-feet tall and weighs 190 pounds. Police said he was last seen at the Super 8 on Sunday, October 2.

Investigators said no vehicle description is available.

Anyone with information about this case or knows the whereabouts of Carter are encouraged to call the Laurel Police Department at 601-399-4440 or Crime Stoppers at 601-428-STOP.

Rasheem-Ryelle-Carter.jpg

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Rasheem Carter, of Fayette, has been missing for more than a week. His family said he disappeared when he was contracted to work in Taylorsville, Mississippi.

Rasheem’s family said they are desperate to find their loved one. They also said it isn’t like him to go this long without communication. His mother said she is angry and heartbroken.

Rasheem’s mother said he called her in distress searching for help because he believed his life was in danger.

Taylorsville Police Chief Gabe Horton said Rasheem did ask officers for a ride to Laurel, but they were unable to give him one because the city was too far away from their jurisdiction.

R7KULC7BBFA4XF2LKTUNXFMVBY.png

I am not on FB. Can someone give a hint?

I also don't have a FB account, but you don't need an account to read the comments on most LE sites. Most LE Facebook pages are open to the public (not for posting but for reading.)

Click on the link. Scroll to the bottom of the message and you'll see a link for "comments." If you don't see comments listed, click on that link. At the top of the comments, you will see a link that says "Most relevant" with a down=arrow beside it. Click on that link or arrow and a menu will drop down with an option of "most relevant," "newest" or "all comments." I usually click on "all comments." As you scroll through the comments you will see that some have a link that says "reply" and you can click on those links to see all of the replies.

I also don't have a FB account, but you don't need an account to read the comments on most LE sites. Most LE Facebook pages are open to the public (not for posting but for reading.)

Click on the link. Scroll to the bottom of the message and you'll see a link for "comments." If you don't see comments listed, click on that link. At the top of the comments, you will see a link that says "Most relevant" with a down=arrow beside it. Click on that link or arrow and a menu will drop down with an option of "most relevant," "newest" or "all comments." I usually click on "all comments." As you scroll through the comments you will see that some have a link that says "reply" and you can click on those links to see all of the replies.

Thank you.

I am trying to view it on my phone (android) and am not seeing the option to view all the posts so I think that's my issue. I will have to check on my computer at a later time. Thanks for responding.

He seems to be still missing. Family talked on FB about a search organized on October 7 in Taylorsville from the last ping location!! to the super 8 motel. Really nothing about the ping location, the timeline in general or more details in MSM.

Who last saw him in the motel, at what time, when did he went to LE/called LE to ask for a ride to Laurel? Why did he needed a ride from them at all? Didn't he have money to take public transport/isn't there public transport? Was family/mother unable to get him even though he was obviously panicking and afraid? Could he have tried to get to Laurel by himself and something happened?

ETA: Why was he so afraid and thinking somebody was after him? Who was?

Last edited:
I'm confused.

So Rasheem worked in Taylorsville (Jefferson County)? There is no Super 8 motel in Taylorsville. There is one in Laurel (Jones County). He asked the Taylorsville police to bring him to Laurel, to his motel? A different jurisdiction, but only a 29 minutes drive. How did Rasheem go to his job from Laurel to Taylorsville in the morning, or was this the first day? How was he supposed to go back there? Where was he when he called his mom? Where did his phone last ping? Media says Last seen? in the Super 8 motel, but that is in Laurel. Did the police physically see him, then he can be placed in Taylorsville at a certain time.

You see my problem?

NOV 3

Found deceased.

This is awful news. Prayers for the family . According to his mother, on FB, he told her if he passed, he knew who would be responsible. I believe this was avoidable.

NOV 3

Found deceased.

That's sad news. RIP Rasheem. Condolences to his loves ones.

According to this news outlet

Remains of missing Fayette man found in Smith County: sheriff

No malicious intent is suspected at this time, but the matter is still under investigation, the SCSD said.

Isn't that weird?

I'm confused.

So Rasheem worked in Taylorsville (Jefferson County)? There is no Super 8 motel in Taylorsville. There is one in Laurel (Jones County). He asked the Taylorsville police to bring him to Laurel, to his motel? A different jurisdiction, but only a 29 minutes drive. How did Rasheem go to his job from Laurel to Taylorsville in the morning, or was this the first day? How was he supposed to go back there? Where was he when he called his mom? Where did his phone last ping? Media says Last seen? in the Super 8 motel, but that is in Laurel. Did the police physically see him, then he can be placed in Taylorsville at a certain time.

You see my problem?
Taylorsville in is Smith county, where he was apparently found deceased. Please forgive me as I am just catching up with this case this morning. Laurel is in Jones county, just for geographical reference and is adjacent to Smith County. It sounds like he is originally from Fayette which is in Jefferson county and a good ways south and a long commute for work. I am wondering if he might have moved to Taylorsville or Laurel, which would make more sense to live in Laurel and commute to Taylorsville for work.

I am so sad that this handsome young man has been found deceased. I saw in the WJTV article (CBS affiliate out of Jackson, MS) has said that they found him due to a landowner having seen him on game cam footage. I wonder if he was trying to walk back to Laurel and became lost. I'm not sure of the exact location he was found in, but if he got out a certain ways from town it was likely so, so dark with no lighting on the roads. It is a very rural county as is the county that he is from, so I know he had to know and understand what it would be like if he chose to walk. This is just heartbreaking. Hopefully, the game
cam footage will reveal more clues about what happened and if anyone else was involved in Rasheem being where he was found. So sad for his family.

Last edited:
He seems to be still missing. Family talked on FB about a search organized on October 7 in Taylorsville from the last ping location!! to the super 8 motel. Really nothing about the ping location, the timeline in general or more details in MSM.

Who last saw him in the motel, at what time, when did he went to LE/called LE to ask for a ride to Laurel? Why did he needed a ride from them at all? Didn't he have money to take public transport/isn't there public transport? Was family/mother unable to get him even though he was obviously panicking and afraid? Could he have tried to get to Laurel by himself and something happened?

ETA: Why was he so afraid and thinking somebody was after him? Who was?
This is a very small town. There is no public transport in Mississippi unless you use a taxi service. It is a fairly rural state dotted with small towns in between a few small cities.

I did find a clarification in another news article about his employment. I sound as if he was staying at the Super 8 Motel in Laurel, which makes more sense because I don't think Taylorsville even has a Super 8. I think they may only have one motel. This is a small, small town. It sounds like he might have been having something stressful going on and was trying to get back to his motel in Laurel.My question is, who had he been contracted to work for Taylorsville?

He was last seen outside of a Super 8 Hotel on Oct. 2 in Laurel, a half hour from where he had been contracted to work in Taylorsville.

I did find a clarification in another news article about his employment. I sound as if he was staying at the Super 8 Motel in Laurel, which makes more sense because I don't think Taylorsville even has a Super 8. I think they may only have one motel. This is a small, small town. It sounds like he might have been having something stressful going on and was trying to get back to his motel in Laurel.My question is, who had he been contracted to work for Taylorsville?

That information is available, but it can't be linked here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back