Spain Spain - Levi Davis, 24, former England rugby star, last known to be in The Old Irish Pub, Barcelona, 29 Oct 2022

Missing rugby player and X Factor star Levi Davis can be seen leaving a pub on CCTV moments before vanishing over a week ago.

The 24-year-old winger, who came fifth on X Factor: Celebrity in 2019, was last seen at The Old Irish Pub in Barcelona on October 29.

In the footage he can be seen in a white top and wearing a small black backpack, with little clue anything could be wrong.

His close friend Richard Squire, who lives in Ibiza, said Mr Davis had told him he was going to see some mates and got a boat to the Catalan capital.

Mr Davis, who announced he was bisexual in 2020, is said to have left his friends without clothes or cash, carrying the same backpack seen in the footage.

His mother Julie posted on Facebook last night: 'Hi everyone, my son Levi has gone missing since 29th October in Barcelona. I am very concerned for his welfare. Can you please share and pray for his safe return. Thank you.'

View attachment 378442

According to google maps that is is 9 hour sailing. Which means the boat would have arrived at ....?

Here is the reverse journey at midnight. Very big ship! It could of course have been a different boat. Interestingly he has to board one hour beforehand. Later on he says he feels like he had the ship practically to himself. This was in November. He also regrets drinking wine as he's never been sea sick before but says he was on this journey. Very interesting.

Last edited:
Missing rugby player and X Factor star Levi Davis was depressed with 'deep issues' before he went missing two weeks ago, his mother has revealed.

Julie Davis told MailOnline that Levi was also contemplating quitting rugby after suffering an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury, leaving him without a club and requiring surgery.

He had also spoken to her about financial problems and complained about his treatment by the rugby world, claiming that he had suffered racism during his career.

[...]

Ms Davis said: ‘There have been a lot of issues going on for Levi recently which he shared with me. I think it was a build up of these things which eventually just blew his mind.

‘Rugby has not been the best at looking after Levi and he’s suffered a lot of racial prejudice. He didn’t have a club and was also recently having money worries. At the same time there was some very deep emotional stuff around relationships that I can’t really go into.’

She added: ‘It seems as if everything just got too much for him and it’s led to Levi going missing. He’s had mental issues in the past but it seems as if this time he’s not been able to handle them.’

His distraught mother was speaking moments after being informed of two possible sightings of Levi over the weekend. One was of him on a beach in Sitges, just outside Barcelona while the other was of him sitting in the doorway of a shop in the city.

Ms Davis said: ‘A Spanish woman saw him on the beach in Sitges and noticed him after seeing all the media publicity about his disappearance. She said he looked homeless and dishevelled and when she tried to speak to him, he ignored her and walked away.

‘In the other sighting he was sitting in a doorway in Barcelona. The sightings are a bit of positive news at a difficult time for the family...'

[...]

Sitges is interesting because its a 'known' area for LGBTQ people. JMO
Missing rugby player and X Factor star Levi Davis was depressed with 'deep issues' before he went missing two weeks ago, his mother has revealed.

Julie Davis told MailOnline that Levi was also contemplating quitting rugby after suffering an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury, leaving him without a club and requiring surgery.

He had also spoken to her about financial problems and complained about his treatment by the rugby world, claiming that he had suffered racism during his career.

[...]

Ms Davis said: ‘There have been a lot of issues going on for Levi recently which he shared with me. I think it was a build up of these things which eventually just blew his mind.

‘Rugby has not been the best at looking after Levi and he’s suffered a lot of racial prejudice. He didn’t have a club and was also recently having money worries. At the same time there was some very deep emotional stuff around relationships that I can’t really go into.’

She added: ‘It seems as if everything just got too much for him and it’s led to Levi going missing. He’s had mental issues in the past but it seems as if this time he’s not been able to handle them.’

His distraught mother was speaking moments after being informed of two possible sightings of Levi over the weekend. One was of him on a beach in Sitges, just outside Barcelona while the other was of him sitting in the doorway of a shop in the city.

Ms Davis said: ‘A Spanish woman saw him on the beach in Sitges and noticed him after seeing all the media publicity about his disappearance. She said he looked homeless and dishevelled and when she tried to speak to him, he ignored her and walked away.

‘In the other sighting he was sitting in a doorway in Barcelona. The sightings are a bit of positive news at a difficult time for the family...'

[...]

I think what his mother has said gives a different perspective and puts a new slant on things and on his possible state of mind. With all that though, it does feel rather more worrying than him having just gone off on a jaunt for some 'party fun'.

It seems odd to travel from Ibiza to Barcelona.
I have actually been in that pub around 3 years ago ...the area is very busy.
Crime and drugs is rife in that area. We were constantly advised to beware pick pockets and were constantly asked if we would like drugs in the street. Despite not looking at all as if we might want some

Yeah that area is touristy and there are lots of opportunistic pickpockets, but I wouldn’t say crime and drug is rife. Barcelona is a very safe city.
Btw they are not selling/offering drugs for real, it’s just a scam or a distraction to pickpocket

Yeah that area is touristy and there are lots of opportunistic pickpockets, but I wouldn’t say crime and drug is rife. Barcelona is a very safe city.
Btw they are not selling/offering drugs for real, it’s just a scam or a distraction to pickpocket

Aaah thanks I did start to wonder if I looked like I needed something

Aaah thanks I did start to wonder if I looked like I needed something

Yeah they’re really shameless lol in Lisbon is the same! When I lived there I’d pass by them every day and they’d still try it lol. But really they’re either creating a distraction or just hoping to sell oregano for 10€ to some naive 20 year old tourist. I did often wonder how profitable could it possibly be?

It seems odd to travel from Ibiza to Barcelona.
I have actually been in that pub around 3 years ago ...the area is very busy.
Crime and drugs is rife in that area. We were constantly advised to beware pick pockets and were constantly asked if we would like drugs in the street. Despite not looking at all as if we might want some
I was in Barcelona in the area he was missing on the 29 and the 30 all day. Nobody bothered me, nobody tried to sell me anything, nobody even approached me at all. It's very busy all day, everyday. Felt very safe the whole time I was there and I was using the subway and walking.

I was in Barcelona in the area he was missing on the 29 and the 30 all day. Nobody bothered me, nobody tried to sell me anything, nobody even approached me at all. It's very busy all day, everyday. Felt very safe the whole time I was there and I was using the subway and walking.

Don't get me wrong we loved the city we have been a few times.
I should have said the area is noted for "petty crime" I certainly didn't mean to implicate its "dangerous"
I must admit though we were asked if we wanted drugs a couple of times each evening we walked around..But have since learnt its more likely we looked liked easily fooled 50 year old lol

I wonder what he was doing in Ibiza? The rugby season started in September?

It states he is a former England player and a former Bath club player....but is now playing for Worthing in League 2, a small town on the south coast not exactly known for rugby. He's only 24, so I wonder what led to his demise? Has he had injuries, which may have led to depression?

Sport can be 'feast or famine' and when things aren't going right it can be hard, and there often isn't support if/when you're pricking up the pieces.

Let's hope he needed some time-out and can re-join his friend in Ibiza or go back to his rugby club very soon.

@annpats Some of your questions answered here:

[...]

[...]

Short video snatch of his mum from ITV on link.

Ellie Pitt (@ElliePittTV) tweeted at 6:23 pm on Mon, Nov 07, 2022:
“We really love you son…we are here for you.” Mum of missing rugby player Levi Davis appeals for him to come home. Levi was last seen on 29 October in Barcelona where he’d been on holiday. ⁦@itvnews⁩ ⁦@ITVCentral⁩ https://t.co/zA4KTmS6LO
( )

Don't get me wrong we loved the city we have been a few times.
I should have said the area is noted for "petty crime" I certainly didn't mean to implicate its "dangerous"
I must admit though we were asked if we wanted drugs a couple of times each evening we walked around..But have since learnt its more likely we looked liked easily fooled 50 year old lol
Oh, yeah I didn't take it like that at all. Just sharing my experience, especially because I was there and around the same area when he went missing, I was just trying to kind of share what the vibe was like in the city those days. I did see some people begging on La Rambla on the 30th but they weren't pushy and just moved along when told no, but there was A LOT of people everywhere that day.
Initially thinking a hook up gone wrong. Now thinking possible suicide, but hopefully he's just taken time out to think things through.
I think you're probably right. But it had to be someone very special for him to go to Barcelona. There's plenty of good looking people willing to hook up in Ibiza.

Former England rugby star Levi Davis told his family “I’ll catch you guys soon, 100 per cent” in the last message he sent before he went missing.

The 24-year-old sent the voice note to his sister just three days before vanishing from a bar in Barcelona over a week ago.

Candice Balfour, 23, shared the recording with The Telegraph amid fears he had come to harm.

She said: "We just want him to come home. I personally don't think he would see all this and not come home.

"There's only so much you can help him but I hope he's okay.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back