Spain Spain - Levi Davis, 24, former England rugby star, last known to be in The Old Irish Pub, Barcelona, 29 Oct 2022

I spent time in Barcelona last year, and there are quite a few black people (Senegalese illegal immigrants) hanging around the streets and the subway stations near La Rambla selling fake goods etc. They are not well liked by the Spanish who ignore them.

My worry is that Levi, who is also black, may be mistaken for one of them, and may be shunned.
He may not get the help he needs if he is drunk/overdosed/depressed/suicidal.

Let's hope for a breakthrough soon!

MOO.

Fears continue to grow for British rugby player Levi Davis, 24, who remains missing more than a week after disappearing in Barcelona, Spain.

A former Bath winger originally from Birmingham, Mr Davis most recently turned out for Worthing Raiders in the National League 2 South but is also well known for his appearances on ITV’s Celebrity X Factor and E4’s Celebs Go Dating.

The pub where missing rugby union player and X-Factor star Levi Davis was last seen has tried to speed up the Spanish police search for him by sending out haunting CCTV images of him leaving the popular venue.

Managers at the Old Irish Pub in Barcelona said they had sent cops in the Catalan capital the footage, even though the investigation in Spain has not formally been launched because police there said they were still awaiting official notification he is missing.

Confirmation they were actively co-operating in the hunt to find him came as Levi’s close friend Richard Squire opened up on his pain in an emotional social media message, accompanying an online fundraiser he launched in the last few hours.

The appeal has already raised £440 of its £3,000 goal less than 24 hours after it was posted, with more donations expected to flood in today.

He also revealed friends and family would be "walking the streets" in Barcelona and surrounding areas in the search for Levi and clues as to where he has been.

The mum of former Bath rugby player and X Factor star Levi Davis has issued an emotional plea to her son following his disappearance in Spain. Levi disappeared after travelling to Barcelona alone, catching a boat from Ibiza to the city on Spain's mainland.

The 24-year-old is believed to have not been carrying any clothes or cash when he "suddenly" left the party island over a week ago, telling a friend that he was going to meet friends in Barcelona. He was last heard from on October 29, which is when he recorded a video at The Old Irish Pub near La Rambla, Barcelona.

This morning, on the 10th day since his disappearance, his mother, Julie Davis, appeared on Good Morning Britain to issue a plea to Levi and anyone who may have seen him. As Julie sat on the panel today, November 8, presenter Susanna Reid asked her: "What would you say to anybody who's there in Barcelona, anyone who's in Sitges, and to Levi, your son?"

Julie said: "Levi, please, son. If you see this message please, please get in touch.

"I can't begin to understand how you're feeling, but just know that I do love you, and our family loves you. We just want you home."

Rather worrying reports that prior to disappearance he had posted to IG about being blackmailed, followed...

MSM back up of my post above from other day.

MISSING X Factor and rugby star Levi Davis claimed he was being "blackmailed" and feared his "life was in danger" in a since-deleted video.

On Tuesday morning, as the desperate search enters its 10th day, Levi's foster mother Susanne Balfour spoke to Sky News confirming that he had mentioned a blackmail threat in a video posted on social media.

Host Kay Burley asked Susanne if the blackmail was linked to her foster son's sexuality - he made history in 2020 when he was the first rugby unionplayer to come out as bisexual while still playing.

Susanne replied: "He might just be frightened, he did say in that video that his life was in danger, I don't know whether he's running from something, I just don't know."

She added: "Levi said he needed to get out of Ibiza, when his friend asked why he just said he needed to get out… he was actually on a ferry from Ibiza going to Barcelona… but that was the last thing he heard from him."

• The regional Mossos d'Esquadra force in Barcelona launched investigation today
  • Davis was last seen on October 29 leaving a bar in the Catalan capital at 10pm
  • Spanish police revealed Monday they had not started searching for Davis
  • Davis' mother and elder brother are set to fly to Barcelona to help with search

Spanish police finally launched a formal hunt for rugby player and X-factor star Levi Davis on Tuesday night after deciding not to wait for a missing persons' report to arrive.

The regional Mossos d'Esquadra force in Barcelona took the decision to act on their own initiative and start their investigation 10 days after he was last seen in the Catalan capital.

They had come under increasing pressure to assign officers to the concerning case after first saying they had to wait for official notification the 24-year-old was missing before doing anything.

A Mossos spokeswoman said: 'An investigation is now underway.

'It is an investigation we have decided to launch ourselves on our own initiative because we have yet to receive any official notification he is missing through the normal channels.

'We cannot inform at this stage on exactly what is being done and what will be done but efforts to find this man and establish what may have happened to him are underway.

'Obviously once we receive the official missing persons' report we should be in possession of more information that will help us in that task.'

Yes I’m glad the spanish police are starting to pay interest. I’m Really worried for Levi, he sounded quite upbeat in that last msg to his sister. I know there has been a lot of talk about his mental health and struggles but if it was his decision to go in water then surely jumping from a ferry would be a better option if sadly Levi wanted to end things. JMO.

The Spanish police starting the investigation 10 days later is just a token gesture. Better late than never, I suppose, but it's an insult really.

Ten days is a lot of lost time in a missing persons case where every hour matters, let alone every day!

Makes me think of the thread here about the Canadian man "Scott Graham" who went missing in Spain last July (unfortunately found deceased two months later), and the seemingly inaction of the Spanish authorities in that case also.

I know there has been a lot of talk about his mental health and struggles but if it was his decision to go in water then surely jumping from a ferry would be a better option if sadly Levi wanted to end things. JMO.
Oh, crikey no. Jumping into a cold sea from a ferry? That would be extremely brave or desperate.
Maybe an overdose drink and drugs would be easier..... just slipping into unconsciousness?

He might not even be suicidal, and I'm hoping he isn't.

The good news is a body hasn't been found, so I'm hoping he's at a quiet tranquil place in Spain chilling out and getting his head together.

MOO.

Police in Spain who are investigating the missing ex-Bath rugby player and X-Factor star Levi Davis say that have not yet been 'officially informed' that he is missing.

The 24 year old had travelled to Ibiza on October 29 with a friend, but it was discovered that he then took a boat to Barcelona by himself - without any clothes or money.

Over a week since the rugby player was last spotted, the official Catalonian police force - Mossos d'Esquadra, says they found out about his disappearance through media reports, say the Mirror. A spokesperson for Mossos d'Esquadra said: “We opened an investigation for the case. At this moment we don’t have any report of his disappearance.

“We noticed [he was missing] because of the media and on social networks. Then we transferred the information to the investigators and they opened an investigation.

“We don’t have any report about [his disappearance] and we are waiting. We know that his family has said they made a report to the police but we don’t know officially yet.”

I hope the recent sightings are valid. I'd like to think he is laying low and trying to sort things out before he does anything drastic. Hopefully police are serious when they say they will begin searching for him. Going home to his sister and family would be a good step in getting help and support.

English translation from the original Spanish.

https://www.abc.es/espana/cataluna/...rugby-levi-davis-visto-20221107133245-nt.html

Julie Davis, mother of the missing Levi Davis, after her interview with ABC in Barcelona

Julie Davis, mother of the missing Levi Davis, after her interview with ABC

Julie Davis has landed this Thursday in Barcelona to try to locate her son Levi, the rugby player who was last seen on October 29, when he left an Irish pub on La Rambla. Since then, no one has heard from the 24-year-old Brit again . Weeks before, the boy explained that he was traveling to Europe to take some time off, after undergoing knee surgery, which is why he had temporarily withdrawn from the sport. "When I asked him, he didn't want to give me any directions, he told me that he would be moving and that he was older," she explains to ABC.

The day of his disappearance, Levi took a ferry from Ibiza to the Catalan capital, but he did not take his passport or the rest of his belongings with him. "Since then he has not used his cards and only had 40 euros in cash," explains Julie. The Mossos d'Esquadra , who began to investigate the case ex officio, have not detected any movement in the young man's bank accounts. There is also no evidence that he has been admitted to any hospital in Catalonia or that he has been detained.

[...]

From there (Old Irish Pub) he left that Saturday, around 10:00 p.m., as the person in charge of the premises explained to this newspaper. The security camera captured how he headed down the street, alone, in the direction of Plaza Catalunya. Julie says [he] suffers from depression , and that due to his emotional instability he had already 'disappeared' on other occasions. “No more than two or three days. Then he always came back or we found him, but 12 days have passed, this is not normal..."

[...]

Oh, crikey no. Jumping into a cold sea from a ferry? That would be extremely brave or desperate.
Maybe an overdose drink and drugs would be easier..... just slipping into unconsciousness?

He might not even be suicidal, and I'm hoping he isn't.

The good news is a body hasn't been found, so I'm hoping he's at a quiet tranquil place in Spain chilling out and getting his head together.

MOO.
But he made it to Barcelona right? He took the ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona and last know sighting was at the Pub in Barcelona? Or am I confused?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back