Jared Leisek of Adventures With Purpose charged with child rape

As founder/ owner Jared could use AWP to fund a legal team. They could also shift ownership to hide funds from paying restitution to victims.
The brave coming forward after so many years may face this team, and also the many who can’t imagine the charges could be true. YT minions can be cruel.
IMHO
Not necessarily. Just because he founded the company doesn’t mean he has full financial control of it. Depending on what type of business it is (corporation, partnership, etc., it’s possible he has no ability to use company funds for his personal defense.
It’s all based upon the articles of incorporation or whatever documentation is used to set up that structure. It’s possible that there is a different chief financial officer (CFO) and chief executive officer (CEO). Moo

IANAL but Non-compete contracts are rarely enforceable - at least in the corporate world, for normal workers. If your job is one with a lot of proprietary/secret information , it's more likely to have an iron-clad non-compete. In this case, I'm assuming that Jared insisted on a length of time for non-compete so his team-mates wouldn't jump to other crews or start their own channels for a certain period of time. I would think under these circumstances any non-competes they have would not be enforced. Jared isn't going to hire a lawyer to go after these guys. I just doubt it.

It's likely they signed non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements though. Which would limit the amount of public speaking they would do about AWP. If they are receiving counsel, i think their lawyers would tell them to very much honor the confidentiality agreements but basically ignore any non-competes and deal with them if Jared moves to try to enforce them with a legal suit.

All my own opinions. And I'm not a lawyer.

In my opinion, adding ‘in my opinion’ is mostly for other readers, not a defense against potential plaintiffs in a theoretical defamation suit. One may have a fact-based opinion, but that does not make the opinion itself a fact. There’s value in adding a IMO in those instances.

Proving actual libel requires “active malice” to cause harm. Adding a IMO in an instance where this is the case doesn’t protect you from anything.

(Imo) :)

IANAL but Non-compete contracts are rarely enforceable - at least in the corporate world, for normal workers. If your job is one with a lot of proprietary/secret information , it's more likely to have an iron-clad non-compete. In this case, I'm assuming that Jared insisted on a length of time for non-compete so his team-mates wouldn't jump to other crews or start their own channels for a certain period of time. I would think under these circumstances any non-competes they have would not be enforced. Jared isn't going to hire a lawyer to go after these guys. I just doubt it.

It's likely they signed non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements though. Which would limit the amount of public speaking they would do about AWP. If they are receiving counsel, i think their lawyers would tell them to very much honor the confidentiality agreements but basically ignore any non-competes and deal with them if Jared moves to try to enforce them with a legal suit.

All my own opinions. And I'm not a lawyer.
Hard to enforce a NC when they were claiming to make money from donations etc. Non compete can't be applied if it stops someone from making a living, and since they weren't being paid here normally I would say it would be hard to enforce. Not to mention the legal fees to enforce it.

Hard to enforce a NC when they were claiming to make money from donations etc. Non compete can't be applied if it stops someone from making a living, and since they weren't being paid here normally I would say it would be hard to enforce. Not to mention the legal fees to enforce it.
Yeah, IMO I don’t think any of the employees need worry about non compete or non disclosure clauses as Jared’s business is about to implode. I suspect he’ll be using his money and legal advice to deal with the child rape charges, not fighting with former employees. JMO

In my opinion, adding ‘in my opinion’ is mostly for other readers, not a defense against potential plaintiffs in a theoretical defamation suit. One may have a fact-based opinion, but that does not make the opinion itself a fact. There’s value in adding a IMO in those instances.

Proving actual libel requires “active malice” to cause harm. Adding a IMO in an instance where this is the case doesn’t protect you from anything.

(Imo) :)

Oh, I was thinking that moderation and removing posts took WS from distributor to producer.

Naively I was talking about opinions expounded logically from facts not completely made up statements meant to injure.

Thanks- interesting subject and over my head: fact!

Last edited:
I've not posted here yet but have been following this case. I have been watching the youtube videos of people who have stepped away from AWP before this came out. I get the feeling that he has been a problem for many people for some time. I think the approaches that have been kind of shady or inappropriate on cases are likely his doing. Hopefully these people can come together and do the same kind of work without his toxic influence. I hope the victim is receiving support through this. All of his actions and words have felt like gaslighting and minimizing his behavior.

ETA: to be more clear all of Jared's actions and words have felt his way. I'm not lumping the whole company into it.

Yeah, IMO I don’t think any of the employees need worry about non compete or non disclosure clauses as Jared’s business is about to implode. I suspect he’ll be using his money and legal advice to deal with the child rape charges, not fighting with former employees. JMO

After all I have read and heard about him these last few days, I honestly 100% think he absolutely would try to sue them all, it just strikes me as the kind of person he is.

Thank you for sharing this link @megs1477

I can literally hear the arrogance and superiority in JL's biography in the link.
He discusses dating his wife in high school and then his 20 year marriage.
<modsnip>
JL speaks about what he refers to as " a fling " while in highschool and confirmed paternity to a daughter from the intimacy. She's married and has a son, JL's grandson, but has not been in contact with her bio father for some time. According, again to JL's biography.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can literally hear the arrogance and superiority in JL's biography in the link.
He discusses dating his wife in high school and then his 20 year marriage. Will she stand by her man? Or take her daughters and run to a SA organization and have reassurance that nothing has been done to them.
JL speaks about what he refers to as " a fling " while in highschool and confirmed paternity to a daughter from the intimacy. She's married and has a son, JL's grandson, but has not been in contact with her bio father for some time. According, again to JL's biography.
Well, he most certainly came up bankrupt at leaving an admirable legacy for his family.

jmo

He discusses dating his wife in high school and then his 20 year marriage. Will she stand by her man? Or take her daughters and run to a SA organization and have reassurance that nothing has been done to them.
There is at least one flat out lie in that biography. He absolutely was charged by the SEC for stock fraud, a judgement absolutely was entered against him, and he received a fine of $195,994.50. In my experience where there is one lie there are probably others, in my opinion.

I'm really curious about how the legal system works/changes when the crime was 30 years ago and the perpetrator was himself a minor at the time. Had it been reported in real time, one would assume he would have been charged as a juvenile.

Of course it may be moot if other victims come forward <modsnip>

Jared Leisek, the founding member of the volunteer dive team Adventures with a Purpose, told his alleged victim he had "made peace in my life with all things bad including this" in a series of patronizing jibes in the messages.
Leisek apologized to his victim in a February email exchange, which was obtained and verified by The U.S. Sun.

It was sent from the official Adventures with a Purpose email account and signed "Jared."
"Like yourself, I was once a victim by multiple people both in and out of the family. It is unfortunate when families like ours experience molestation."

He went on to write: "I have myself tried to apologize to you and to have an open conversation with you about it to answer any questions you may have.
He said making a 46-year-old man "live the mistakes" of a child is "not realistic."

"Thank God we are not forever judged for our actions as youth, and I'm grateful that many of us cousins acknowledged and stopped those sins which happened to us and those sins we once committed as a result of grooming," Leisek wrote.

"I have made peace in my life with all things bad including this."
More at the link. What an arrogant so and so. :mad:

The article also said that many now-former AWP members claim they were blindsided by the accusations but couldn't go into details because they signed confidentiality agreements. That makes me wonder about who, if any, employees knew about his past before the news broke.

The article also said that many now-former AWP members claim they were blindsided by the accusations but couldn't go into details because they signed confidentiality agreements. That makes me wonder about who, if any, employees knew about his past before the news broke.
SBM. A diver from New York who worked with AWP on only a couple of cases earlier in the year was a guest on the Websleuths YouTube channel recently. He stated that he was told there were allegations of sexual nature but didn't know details or ages of those involved.

Would it also be possible that they might have a noncompete contract, along with a nondisclosure agreement. I don't know how that would work or any legal problems they might have.
I’m not sure a crook in prison could uphold a non compete or nondisclosure. The power may lie in a company’s ability to sue and protect themselves.
If a young company could show that their service is in the best interest of the public, because the provide something the other cannot- it may make the non compete defunct.
<modsnip: disparaging towards AWP when JL is the subject of this thread and charges>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back