We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

I swear I feel like I've seen this damn tread before. Bad news is it was in a flea market in bumfuk eastern europe. We're probably better off checking alibaba and aliexpress for the non word version tbh.
There are lots of similar patterns. Nothing exact. I started to go through AliExpress, but many of them did not show the tread for some reason.

Last night I put myself to sleep browsing vintage shoes on Poshmark. The closest imprint styles seemed to belong to the doc Martin style loafers and the leather sandals. I am not sure what they are really called. I remember them being called Jesus sandals back in the early 90s.

There are lots of similar patterns. Nothing exact. I started to go through AliExpress, but many of them did not show the tread for some reason.

Last night I put myself to sleep browsing vintage shoes on Poshmark. The closest imprint styles seemed to belong to the doc Martin style loafers and the leather sandals. I am not sure what they are really called. I remember them being called Jesus sandals back in the early 90s.
Birkenstocks?

I tend to agree with @GoneGoldfishin' that the text says "vulcanizado" and is simply indicating that it's a vulcanized rubber sole. Work shoes/boots often indicate things like this.

Is someone seeing a 13 on the sole? I can't find it.

The main pattern could be a J and P, or the negative space could be a picture of some sort. It's the same on both sides but flipped upside down. Like a tessellation.

The trefoil seems to be an uncommon tread. I've posted up thread two shoes I've found with a similar mark.

I'm thinking Mexican made.

OP is posting from a Twitter post from the founder of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute. I replied to the original Twitter post and asked for general location and date. Sherri liked my post, but did not provide the information. Below is the only information provided in the original post.

@megs1477 , RSBM for focus
Great work finding that tweet! imo
I wonder if @Trackergd could offer any input, suggestions, or thoughts about this partial print/ imprint.
Eta: As this thread does not pertain to SAR, I hope Trackergd doesn’t mind the tag. It was with great admiration and respect, that I did so. :)
The best way to identify a shoe pattern is by using a software package called "Soulmate". It is used by LE agencies worldwide and is constantly updated. As I am retired, I don't have a copy but will take a look.

So I have been digging into this pattern and for some reason it does not seem to be a pattern used in a performance shoe/sneaker. Most work boots have a Vibram style sole pattern. Wish I knew more about where it was found. Could be anything from farm muck boots to an obscure fashion shoe.

So I have been digging into this pattern and for some reason it does not seem to be a pattern used in a performance shoe/sneaker. Most work boots have a Vibram style sole pattern. Wish I knew more about where it was found. Could be anything from farm muck boots to an obscure fashion shoe.

Have you tried snow boarding boots?. I was looking yesterday and the trefoil seems to come up much more. Snow boarding boots are the closest I've found so far, but still no luck!.

The best way to identify a shoe pattern is by using a software package called "Soulmate". It is used by LE agencies worldwide and is constantly updated. As I am retired, I don't have a copy but will take a look.
This is the software I mentioned in post #102. Wish we had it available to us or a WS member. :sigh:

Long time lurker but I know literally nothing except I too am drawn by tread googling--seems the LA Design Group designed 13 stores for custom CAnadian ski boot brand Surefoot. Seem like there is a lot of opportunity to fit this kind of pattern in a custom honorary tread to celebrate their partnership? Given other comments however LADG has other shoe collaborators which is quite a coincidence. If it was a ski or snowboarding boot though, the imprint would come from the center of the sole rather than the heel or toe of the shoe, and the image looks tapered, not centered. Snow would leave a clear, textured print. Surefoot was created in 1982, the first store the group designed was in Vail, CO 2005.

Long time lurker but I know literally nothing except I too am drawn by tread googling--seems the LA Design Group designed 13 stores for custom CAnadian ski boot brand Surefoot. Seem like there is a lot of opportunity to fit this kind of pattern in a custom honorary tread to celebrate their partnership? Given other comments however LADG has other shoe collaborators which is quite a coincidence. If it was a ski or snowboarding boot though, the imprint would come from the center of the sole rather than the heel or toe of the shoe, and the image looks tapered, not centered. Snow would leave a clear, textured print. Surefoot was created in 1982, the first store the group designed was in Vail, CO 2005.
It would be really nice if we had the year our print was taken. Or the place. Or any of the circumstances at all.

I agree on the needing more info.

I went so far as to look up one of the major softwares (I think it was the one mentioned above). Thinking maybe free trial, one time use. Maybe the cost would be reasonable. Nope $5k flat charge.

Anyone know a bar where FBI agents hang out so we can make friends and beg them to run our shoe print before we all go crazy? Lol just kidding!!

I agree on the needing more info.

I went so far as to look up one of the major softwares (I think it was the one mentioned above). Thinking maybe free trial, one time use. Maybe the cost would be reasonable. Nope $5k flat charge.

Anyone know a bar where FBI agents hang out so we can make friends and beg them to run our shoe print before we all go crazy? Lol just kidding!!
No you're not (kidding that is). LOL :D

I adjusted the photo with a Histogram Equalize does this help
That's awesome! I have one comment to make about (what I believe to be) the inverted design. I'm only using an old pic of mine (although yours is better!) because it already has the red lines I drew on it upthread to point things out. I'd cross reference what I'm trying to explain below to your photo. Thanks for doing that BTW!

The inverted "flexing rat" on the right side has something to the right of it. At least in the image on the right side of the A. I'm pointing to it. Likely there's one on the left side too but we're just not able to see it for whatever reason. The reason I believe it's part of that "flexing rat" logo thing is because whatever the thing is I'm pointing to is below and within that space in that corner of the slanted Z. As you can see from the very right of where I outlined the Z, that appears to be the edge of that portion of the design, and that odd shape is within that space. I guess you could say like a roof over its head. lol Plus, whatever that shape is it extends down into the horizontal space the text is on.

1668807040593.png

Call me crazy, but does the L (or Z) of the lettering mimic the larger shape (in lighter blue) above it??
I'm attaching A pic showing what I'm talking about along with a sharpened view of the original.

Attachments

• IMG_20221118_164129.jpg
    IMG_20221118_164129.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20221118_164243.jpg
    IMG_20221118_164243.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 9
Does anyone recognize this shoe imprint ? Or do you know of a good place to search for shoe brand imprints ? Please let us know if you do. If you don’t have time to search you can post links below that you feel can help in the search. This imprint is relation to The Cold Case Investigative Research Institute . If you’re not comfortable posting below you may private message me in here or email me at producer@websleuths.com Thank you for your time.
Here is the YouTube show Sheryl was on.

That's awesome! I have one comment to make about (what I believe to be) the inverted design. I'm only using an old pic of mine (although yours is better!) because it already has the red lines I drew on it upthread to point things out. I'd cross reference what I'm trying to explain below to your photo. Thanks for doing that BTW!

The inverted "flexing rat" on the right side has something to the right of it. At least in the image on the right side of the A. I'm pointing to it. Likely there's one on the left side too but we're just not able to see it for whatever reason. The reason I believe it's part of that "flexing rat" logo thing is because whatever the thing is I'm pointing to is below and within that space in that corner of the slanted Z. As you can see from the very right of where I outlined the Z, that appears to be the edge of that portion of the design, and that odd shape is within that space. I guess you could say like a roof over its head. lol Plus, whatever that shape is it extends down into the horizontal space the text is on.

View attachment 380824
The marks on the outside look like typical tread you’d find on a shoe. I agree with that there probably is tread on the other side we aren’t able to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back