ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Kaylee's sister look at a neighbor's camera and confirmed they got home by a driver (Uber or maybe she thought it was Uber)? Someone would be able to identify X or E's car, if they took them home.
Side note: I am not accusing the driver at all, but I know an Uber driver that keeps a big knife in his car for protection in case he gets attacked/robbed by a passenger.
She did say that. In fact she says something to the effect of “they did everything right, …. used a trusted Uber”
….

I have been wondering if the girls got into a car thinking it was uber and perhaps the driver came back later after seeing an opportunity. Remember Samantha Josephson? Student killed after taking car she mistook for Uber Although, it could be they got a ride from someone they knew and it is unrelated to the crime and the police are just keeping that detail private.
Hopefully businesses in the area have cameras so LE can obtain a pic of the car

I feel the killer could be male or female. I can’t rule out either sex. I also have a “gut” feeling that jealousy may have been a motive. Was the killer not invited to a gathering one of the others put together? Were they looking for a new roommate and someone was rejected?
I agree, male or female. Leaning toward male b/c of the serrated knife and what it was used for. Those things catch and that's all I'll say for the sake of discretion. Rejection could very well be a possibility. Not just as a new roommate either.

I'm sorry but does anyone have the article of which floors they were found on? I keep seeing the 2 surviving girls on the 1st floor also seen them on the 3rd. I thought the killings happened on the 2nd and 3rd floor. thanks so much

I was just about to ask the same question.

The New York Post states "It has also been confirmed that two roommates, BF and DM, were upstairs at the time of the murders, although cops have said neither is under investigation and the surviving friends have been cooperating with the investigation." New York Post Article

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO:

The Killer is a societal outcast. He doesn’t date and doesn’t get invited to parties. The “Party House” has been a source of aggregation and rage for a long time. It is less than 150’ feet away. He would move … but for his one year lease.

The loud party laughter goes into the wee hours and cuts him three ways.
1.) It deprives him of sleep. (2.). It is a constant reminder that he is an outcast… no friends … no fun. (3.) Occasionally he catches a glimpse of the girls. He fantasizes about them. It is a love/hate thing.

The killer has a variety of knives including two Rambo knives, a bow with arrows and several guns. In his mind, he has killed the girls many times. His killing fantasy involves a knife because it is PERSONAL!

That night is louder than most. Finally, he falls asleep. Then, at 1:45am they come home and he is again wide awake. That’s it! He waits for their lights to go out, puts on his black ninja outfit, rubber gloves and slips outside. He is going to make them quiet … once and for all.

Last edited:
I think a knife was probably used for a few reasons: one, the killer's signature (or signature in the making). The weapon used, if revealed, contributes to attitudes about the crime that might help the murderer self aggrandize, so to speak, if they are following the case. It may also have been all they had available - even in a state where guns are legal, there are barriers to owning them in many cases.

More practically, though, it's very possible the killer was relying on the fact that the bodies would not be discovered for several hours after the murders. Maybe to get away, or maybe in order to establish an alibi, they counted on the gap between the crime and discovery. 4 gunshots (at least), even with a silencer, would have certainly drawn attention. In another thread, someone mentioned that there was a football game last weekend and the hotels were booked. If it was an out of town, opportunistic killer, they might have been checked out of their hotel and on the road before the bodies were ever found. JMO. Although it seems likely, from a few sources, that Kaylee might have had a stalker, I still lean towards a random crime and perhaps unknown assailant. Many have posted in this thread and the previous of other examples of random homicides by stabbing, so while it's less likely than a known (to the victims) murderer, it's certainly possible.
Yes, maybe he couldn't legally get a gun, due to mental health (because I really believe whomever could do this has serious mental health issues). Granted, he could have probably bought one on the black market, but if someone has a mental health issues, they can't purchase gun from a store in my state - not sure how that shows up on background checks though

She did say that. In fact she says something to the effect of “they did everything right, …. used a trusted Uber”
….
Why do you think they are now saying private party? Was the sister just mistaken and interpreted the Ring camera footage as Uber without actually seeing the Uber charge on Caylee's account?

So they were all stabbed in the chest while they were sleeping in bed is that correct from what I have seen reported?

This reminds me of Ted Bundy when he snuck into the sorority house and murders those young ladies in Florida. So we looking at a serial killer hear possibly?

Has it been reported if there was any sign of forced entry? How did the person get in? I thought I read something earlier about a sliding glass door was it. Was the door broken into and damaged or simply not locked?

That's the first thing that popped into my head was Ted Bundy.
Hopefully, it's NOT a serial killer on the loose.

….
"trusted UBER" is an interesting reference. Sometimes when people take an UBER, they get the driver's info so they can contact them directly in the future, thereby cutting out the UBER fees. Maybe this driver was someone who had a job at UBER but college kids also just contacted him directly for rides and paid him through Venmo......would be interesting if we could find the girls' Venmo history. Sometimes people leave it set to public and anyone can look it up.

It's been almost a week and the killer is still out there. I thought that with the FBI involved we would have had an arrest sooner.
Less than a week would be a very short time to solve a crime of this magnitude IMO from following cases here for many years. I have no doubt LE (all the agencies combined) are working feverishly to try to solve this case.

No offense, but IMO this sounds more like an imaginative character in a book or movie than a profile. In real life, 99.999...% of gun and knife enthusiasts and hunters are not criminals. They like guns and knives and hunting, and probably people! That is a big haystack in which to look for a small needle.

IMO, and lots of discussion about this in the previous thread, the wounds do not seem consistent with any kind of military or combat training. Stabbing a sleeping person in the torso speaks much more as a novice or angry person.

IMO and many great posts on this last night: Hunters and fishers use knives very differently, delicately, precisely to dress and clean their game. Totally different.

Edit to add: How do you know the perp brought the knife?
I just took a break from butchering a deer (cutting up backstrap) to catch up on this thread... :)

I've never stabbed anyone. Or a deer either, I use legal weapons.... ;)

I thought about this, they hear something downstairs (or upstairs) which alarms them, not enough to dial 911, but enough to huddle together and call a man who they know to put them at ease. By the time they realize it is a real threat, it's too late to dial 911? MOO
I think possibly the dog, at this point, may have been barking?

So it seems LE does not want the public to know who drove the girls home.
LE is holding everything very closely on this one. I'd bet they have way more evidence that they're not going to put out for publication yet. I'm hoping that they have DNA evidence they are analyzing. I just can't see how there couldn't be DNA evidence with all that blood, not to mention footprints. The perp most likely was injured himself - I keep going back to Jodi Arias cutting herself due to the knife being so slick with blood. This case keeps me awake at night. It's so awful in so many different ways. And the timing right before Thanksgiving - my heart goes out to the families. Just awful.

"trusted UBER" is an interesting reference. Sometimes when people take an UBER, they get the driver's info so they can contact them directly in the future, thereby cutting out the UBER fees. Maybe this driver was someone who had a job at UBER but college kids also just contacted him directly for rides and paid him through Venmo......would be interesting if we could find the girls' Venmo history. Sometimes people leave it set to public and anyone can look it up.
Yes, agreed. I looked up their Venmo’s earlier. All public and posted it here-
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

The surviving girls had their bedroom door (according to the daily mail and many other newspapers) locked to prevent drunk party people wandering in. Did this save their lives?

Yes it's quite possible, but I'm thinking maybe the killer entered the house through the sliding glass door in the back of the house. This would explain why everyone in the 2nd and 3rd floors were murdered, perhaps he didn't know about the stairs going down to the 1st floor. Or didn't see them being in a hurry to leave the scene. This is if the killer is a peripheral stalker type.. However, (thinking out loud) since the keycode was common knowledge to many of their friends/social circle, anything is possible. He could've tried their locked doors and worked his way upstairs. The house has quite a different layout because the 1st floor had been a garage before it was remodeled. I have a strong feeling that this person was known by the girls or at least acquainted with them. There was an intense amount of rage and jealousy involved here. Using a knife is extremely personal. I'm wondering when the party began to break up and what the situation was with the lights. Some on, others not or all off/all on? Or was the party still going on when everyone arrived at 1:45?

LE is holding everything very closely on this one. I'd bet they have way more evidence that they're not going to put out for publication yet. I'm hoping that they have DNA evidence they are analyzing. I just can't see how there couldn't be DNA evidence with all that blood, not to mention footprints. The perp most likely was injured himself - I keep going back to Jodi Arias cutting herself due to the knife being so slick with blood. This case keeps me awake at night. It's so awful in so many different ways. And the timing right before Thanksgiving - my heart goes out to the families. Just awful.
Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member