ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same as you. This house is built different.
Oh ok. I saw a floor plan which referred to first, second and third floor but to me that would be ground, first and second floor. Or possibly basement, ground and first floor depending how it’s built.

Forgive me if this was posted but I have not seen it. Interesting about possible ROTC history.

----------------------------

Type of knife used in Idaho college murders will be key clue for police, says former FBI special agent

More than a week after the murders of four University of Idaho students, the suspect remains on the loose as police continue their investigations. Now, experts are considering clues – like the knife likely used to kill all four individuals – that may help identify a suspect.

Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent and Navy SEAL, said the suspect’s use of a Ka-Bar knife, also known as a "Rambo"-style knife, could point law enforcement in the right direction.

"That knife is pretty much a relic," Gilliam said on "Fox & Friends First" Monday. "Nobody really uses that knife except for people that had them when they got out of the military or they got handed down."

He told co-hosts Ashley Strohmier and Todd Piro that the knife could be an important part of the investigation.

"If they have ROTC at that school, that could be something that ROTC would have," he explained.

Gilliam noted that the University of Idaho had also issued a "Vandal Alert" to staff and students in September with the subject line "Threat with Knife."

"This is something that they need to be looking at because the potential that this person could be a student, could be ROTC, could be somebody that lives in the area, kind of seems a little bit more significant," he said.

Gilliam, after reviewing the details of the murders, said he believes it's more likely that the killer is a man.

"It takes a lot of strength, you'd be surprised, to continue to stab multiple targets with this ferocity," he said.

He said the suspect was likely either someone who had access to the house or was someone who watched the residence and waited for everyone to "shut down" for the night.

"I think this is where investigators are going to start looking," he said.

"Jonathan Gilliam, a former FBI special agent and Navy SEAL, said the suspect’s use of a Ka-Bar knife, also known as a "Rambo"-style knife, could point law enforcement in the right direction.

"That knife is pretty much a relic," Gilliam said on "Fox & Friends First" Monday. "Nobody really uses that knife except for people that had them when they got out of the military or they got handed down."

See I think the opposite. It's almost impossible to stab four people to death and not leave evidence at the scene due to how much physical activity you have to undergo to do so. Crimes committed with a gun are much easier in that regard.

The guy who runs Police off the Cuff and is a former NYPD sergeant who has investigated hundreds of homicide crime scenes said that violently stabbing four people to death with a knife in a home would certainly leave some kind of even secondary or trace DNA and he thought it likely that the killer cut himself with what appears to be a bunch of wild hacking at several of the victims. If any of the victims had defensive wounds as it appears now they do, trace DNA could transfer that way as well.

The way the crime scene has been described and the sheer violence of it is a strong indicator this is an unsophisticated killer who was in a rage. A professional murder or someone who had done this many times before would likely use a different 'cleaner' weapon like a gun and wouldn't leave such a messy crime scene. Thus, unsophisticated killers usually make mistakes and/or leave evidence behind. I am convinced this one did too.
JMO.

Good post. I believe the killer planned this with the intent to minimize evidence (physical and digital) but will end up having left evidence for the reasons you state. I agree with @Janitor101 that he likely dressed and prepped for this.

I disagree with the thoughts about the killer evolving to a “cleaner” method. Making a mess, having a violent and bloody scene excited him and is part of what drove him to commit the murders. He entered the house intending to kill one or more victims, but murder wasn’t the sole objective.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he carried a firearm for backup.

JMO.

They waited over a week for this??????
Considering the scope of the crime, and the amount of both physical and digital evidence LE will have to process to even begin to make any sense of which direction this investigation is going, I wouldn't exactly say they waited a week for this. I'd suggest it's entirely likely this is the first chance they've had to expand the investigation this far. Or, that this is the first time their investigation has led this particular direction, based on other things they've already processed.

One murder victim with multiple stab wounds and no witnesses and no known suspects is already a complex case to take on, but these fine folks are dealing with a quadruple homicide. I can't even begin to imagine how overwhelming that must feel for them. My hat is always off to all members of dedicated LE, and the work they do.

jmo

here's a question i haven't seen asked (though with seven threads it must've been). some stabbing victims have been known to survive, for sure. did the killer KNOW they were deceased when he/she left the house? iow, did he/she wait around watching them exsanguinate? pretty risky to stab four people and stick around...and just as risky to flee immediately, not knowing who else was in the house, if anyone, and who of his victims would be able to crawl to a phone and call 911.

trying to get inside perphead is frustrating for sure...but think about it from perphead's perspective. he/she was "sloppy", probably enraged, maybe on drugs...did he/she stick around to make sure there were no living witnesses?

I do wonder how in the world there isn't a bloodbath down the hallway, on doors, upstairs....
An adult human body consists of only about 1.2 -1.5 gals of blood.

Blood is in a liquid state inside the body and although blood is liquid leaving the body, it will begin to clot within a few minutes, forming a dark, shiny gel-like substance that grows more solid as time progresses.

The presence of blood clots in bloodstains can indicate that the attack was prolonged, or that the victim was bleeding for some time after the injury occurred.

If the victims were killed in bed as reported, the chance of the victims leaving the containment area is small and the victims are not likely responsible for blood transfer staining.

For a knife-yielding attacker, I think the cast-off blood spatter analysis is going to be helpful here.

I also think the killer is most likely the party responsible for transferring blood evidence while escaping the residence. Unless the killer was using a sword of some sort, I think the killer would have been positioned very close to the victims to inflict the fatal wounds. MOO

In my opinion sloppy in this statement does not equal leaving his DNA or any evidence of himself behind. 2 floors of the house are most likely covered in blood. There would be foot prints and hand prints of blood. I think thats about all they will find. I believe the killer at least wore gloves and possibly foot coverings of some kind.
Just my own opinion.
There were no traces of bloody footprints or handprints outside the doors or on windows. Media were all there very early in and taking close ups.
LE did not have a clue to the carnage until they got inside.
IMO the killer cleaned up or changed out of protective clothing.PPE or something that might have included complete shoe protection.
The as yet unsolved, no identified suspect or motive Rando stabber who broke in to a farmhouse last year in Oregon also at 3:00 AM, brutally attacking a sleeping young woman who survived 19 stabbing wounds and numerous broken bones including a skull fracture and who was saved by her husband who was sleeping beside her but killed, somehow he didn’t leave behind meaningful evidence in a “messy” crime scene.
He also left a friend sleeping in another room unscathed.
That killer was reported to be wearing a mask. Apparently no other details were available.
I can’t imagine that LE is not working to see if there is a connection there and/or to the other 2 unsolved, nighttime stabbing murders of women in adjacent states since 2020.

That being said, I do not understand the Gen Z of it all. They had to call friends to come over even when they found a roommate unresponsive. If this was NOT a murder investigation and the unresponsive roommate was actually passed out from alcohol poisoning, imagine explaining to their parents that they really wanted a friend to come over first to call because they don't like talking on the phone or "they're scared" of calling 911. Or whatever their reason may have been.
It is an awful thing for those roommates in that house, to think that your delay could've compromised everything.

As I've written before, Gen Z is very capable of calling for help when needed. But death is simply the furthest thing from their mind. Perhaps if you were in an older age bracket and saw your friend passed out, you'd think of more serious causes and call an ambulance immediately. But for Gen Z, they've had so many wild nights out where people have passed out and recovered just fine.

If they did call 911 over nothing, they would have wasted their Sunday and made more trouble than it's worth. That's their thinking. For sure, it's a bit hard to grasp if you're not Gen Z. They haven't been in enough crises to know how to respond to them.

Those girls are having survivor's guilt, most definitely. A terrible situation for all.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #8.

No I can’t find a MSM that mentions the dog, the only one that I‘ve found isn’t a reliable source and it reveals the names of the two girls that survived.
Thanks for looking. I just think it's so important in this case to back up information with source because the thread is moving so fast with so much new information and then recycled information with which somebody runs. A few threads back there was confusion of names (all the Js) and now confusion of animals (at least 3 dogs mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member