Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 Oct 2022 *arrest* #2

The stuff you can buy online will never cease to amaze me. The hormone-laden urine of a pregnant woman and breast milk are two great examples.
The last time I ever did a test, the strip was put in a tube. After 10 minutes I was to check. It was negative.

However, I had to run to work so I lef it in the bathroom. When I got home it registered positive. I took 2 more kits---all negative.

That taught me if you leave it too long it could produce a positive rsults.

Nov 16, 2022 article

[…]

Today’s indictment replaces separate criminal complaints that charged the Watermans with the same crimes on Nov. 3, 2022. The Watermans remain in federal custody.

[…]

Nov 21, 2022 article - hearing rescheduled from Nov 21 to Feb 6, 2023. Other details at link.

[…]

Benton County prosecuting attorney Nathan Smith explains the postponing as because Bush is in federal custody in Missouri, the U.S. Attorney there has the ability to pursue charges first and control whether the defendant is allowed to appear in other courts.

[…]

Nov 21, 2022 article - hearing rescheduled from Nov 21 to Feb 6, 2023. Other details at link.

[…]

Benton County prosecuting attorney Nathan Smith explains the postponing as because Bush is in federal custody in Missouri, the U.S. Attorney there has the ability to pursue charges first and control whether the defendant is allowed to appear in other courts.

[…]

I noticed the same thing from the above article. “…explains the postponing as because Bush is in federal custody in Missouri…”. They surely meant ‘Waterman’ instead of ‘Bush’. I looked around on the ozarksfirst.com site but didn’t see a place to report a typo and they do not have a comment section on this article.

BBM and MOO

The charge of kidnapping resulting in death, is that just a placeholder to keep the defendants detained until the official murder charges, or is it actually a murder charge?
It's possible that it hasn't yet been determined with legal certainty whether a murder charge for the baby will be allowed. So this might be a "backup" charge that could be pursued if the second murder charge isn't allowed, to make sure that crime doesn't go unpunished. MOO

[…]

[…]
From article -

Smith says he has spoken with the U.S. Attorney in Missouri to “express hope” that Attorney General Merrick Garland will allow her office to seek the death penalty and to assure her that the Benton County. prosecuting office is prepared to do that if they cannot.

Dec 2, 2022 article

[…]

U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas Clay Fowlkes said that the circumstances of the case could potentially carry the death penalty in federal court. The investigation is ongoing.

At this link is a good timeline of the actions that took place. I didn’t copy all of the text. Of note is that Benton County prosecutor Nathan Smith (AR) is charging Amber Waterman with 2 counts of capital murder and is seeking the death penalty.

NOV. 10, 2022
Benton County Charges

Benton County Prosecutor Nathan Smith announced on Thursday, Nov. 10, that he is charging Amber Waterman with two counts of capital murder and one count of kidnapping in the abduction and murder of Ashley Bush and her baby.

The announcement was made after Amber Waterman had made appearances in federal court in Missouri. He is seeking the death penalty.

“I also have alleged aggravating circumstances and declared my intention to seek the death penalty," Smith said. After the prosecutor spoke with Bush's family, he said they "supported the decision to seek the death penalty, which is currently easier to do at the state level."

Smith also said Bush's family preferred the case be tried in Benton County so they wouldn't have to travel out of state.

Jamie Waterman has been accused of helping Amber dispose of Bush's body, and hasn't been charged in Benton County due to there not being "clear evidence" that he participated in a crime in Arkansas.

Jamie was charged with one count of being an accessory after the fact to kidnapping resulting in death. The federal criminal complaint alleges that he helped Amber Waterman after the abduction and murder.

NOV. 16, 2022
Missouri Federal Indictment

On Nov. 16, the Watermans were indicted by a federal grand jury for their roles in the kidnapping and murder of Ashley Bush

Amber and Jamie Waterman were charged in a two-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Springfield, Missouri. The indictment replaces separate criminal complaints that charged the Watermans with the same crimes on Nov. 3, 2022.

The two will remain in federal custody.

Amber Waterman is charged with one count of kidnapping resulting in death. The indictment alleges that, between Oct. 31 and Nov. 2, 2022, she kidnapped Ashley Bush in order to claim her unborn child as her own.

According to court records, Amber allegedly took Bush from Maysville, Arkansas, to Pineville, Missouri. The indictment alleges the kidnapping resulted in her death.

Jamie Waterman is charged with one count of being an accessory after the fact to kidnapping resulting in death. The indictment alleges that he assisted Amber, in order to "hinder and prevent her apprehension, trial, and punishment," knowing she had committed the kidnapping resulting in the death of Bush.

The two will remain innocent until proven guilty by a federal grand jury.

BENTON COUNTY, ARKANSAS, Ark. — Judge Robin Green's office has confirmed that Amber Waterman's Benton County arraignment has been pushed back after federal authorities wouldn't allow her to appear this morning.

The new date is set for June 13, the week after her federal trial is set to begin.

Article from Jan. 30, 2023:

[snip]
On January 25, Waterman filed a motion asking the court to appoint the federal public defender of the District of Nevada as co-counsel in her case. U.S. Magistrate Judge David P. Rush granted that request on January 27 and signed an order instructing attorney Kimberly Sharkey to file a notice of appearance.

The January 25 filing noted that Sharkey has “extensive capital defense experience and is well qualified as ‘learned counsel.'” The motion added that Sharkey has represented indigent defendants in state and federal criminal cases for over 20 years, with a majority of that experience coming in capital cases.
[snip]

June 5, 2023 article -

The Watermans’ federal trials have been postponed again.

Both Amber and Jamie Waterman are scheduled to have their jury trial on Dec. 14 at 9 a.m.

[…]

PINEVILLE, Mo. - Amber Waterman, a woman from Pineville, Missouri, who was previously indicted for the kidnapping and murder of a pregnant Arkansas woman, now faces an additional charge of killing the victim's unborn child.
A superseding indictment was returned by a federal grand jury in Springfield, Missouri, replacing the previous indictment and including the new charge against Amber Waterman.
She is charged with one count of kidnapping resulting in death and one count of causing the death of a child in utero, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back