Found Deceased AL - Ben Stanford, 17, Anniston, Nov 2007

Praying that some results turn up today in the search for Ben. May every person searching be safe.

Praying for the safe return of Ben

Welcome to WS, Kenandselena, Retrobrooke88, and Raindrops!

A privledged 17yo spending the night with a friend sounds like he could have gone out the night before to party. Maybe the friend is either covering his own *advertiser censored* or was trying to cover for his buddy...but it does sound like he was somehow carjacked.

If his mother doesn't believe it is him at the gas station...I would think she is right. Did they say how much gas was purchased at the station? I would think it is quite odd that it ran out of gas so quickly without the Jeep going other places along the way.

I am so glad Equusearch was called in. I guess they are set up now to do more than one ongoing search as they are still looking for Stacey Peterson. Tim Miller is a busy man...sadly.

Fox News Channel has a banner at the top of the website that says

Breaking News Georgia Police Find Body Believed to Be Missing Teen Ben Stanford

No link to a story yet. I'll hunt around.

Fox News Channel has a banner at the top of the website that says

Breaking News Georgia Police Find Body Believed to Be Missing Teen Ben Stanford

No link to a story yet. I'll hunt around.

Just saw that too, no story yet.

I was sent an email at around 2:20 central time at work from my friend who knows the family, confirming that Ben's body had been found. Broke my heart.

What we cannot understand is why it took TX Equusearch to find him when he was only 100 yards from his vehicle? Where were the Carroll Co, GA police when the car was located days ago?? Did they not do a grid search around his car??

100 yards? What I read was that the body was found a mile away from where the car was found.

My friend knows the Stanford/Prueitt family and said he was only a football field's distance from the vehicle.

Early reports are so often incorrect. Media reports have anywhere from a quarter-mile to a mile as the location of the body from the car. If the info from the friend of the family is correct, it is indeed curious that the body wasn't found before now.

Perhaps it was buried or partially buried? Local police might have thought a body wouldn't be even 100-yds off the interstate because one would have to scale the fence that follows the interstate?

Possibly....could just be early misinformation, or as you said, the fence may have kept police from searching deeper into the woods.

This is the email I received from the family friend...she is also a work-friend of mine, as she does the same job I do at another facility, and mentors me in my job:

Ben's body has just been found approximately 100 yards off the side of the road where his Jeep was found on I20. Please pray for his parents and friends as this unfolds.

I guess we'll find out more as time goes on. I am just sick about this.

WSFA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Montgomery, AL, is reporting that Ben was found 1000 yards from his car. So, less than 1/4 of a mile. I received this breaking news e-mail:

Alabama state senator Jim Preuitt says the body of his teenage grandson, Ben Stanford, has been found about 1,000 feet from where his vehicle was located last week along Interstate 20 in Georgia.

:(

I had so hoped this case would have a happy outcome. I have extended family in Birmingham and Anniston, and Alabama cases always seem a bit more "personal" to me. My heart breaks for family and friends of Ben Stanford.

Autopsy should be able to determine cause of death, and maybe that will be instrumental in solving the case.

Years ago when I lived in Marietta, GA a man disappeared from his car on the side of I-75, very near the intersection of 285 north in Cobb County. The car was abandoned on the side of the interstate, in the emergency lane.

Almost a year later a survey crew found his skeleton in woods above the highway. AFAIK, it remains a mystery of how and why he left his car, went over the interstate fencing, and died up the hill just 100 yds or so from the road.

Looks like they Senator has confirmed it is the body of his grandson:

DEVELOPING STORY: A body discovered Tuesday afternoon is that of missing teenager Ben Stanford, the teen's grandfather, Alabama state Sen. Jim Preuitt, has confirmed to FOX News Radio.
"The Alabama Bureau of Investigation informed me they had located Ben, our grandson's body. Certainly the news was not what we were hoping to hear," Preuitt said. "He was liked by everyone we knew, a super personality. He was our baby. He was the apple of our eye."

Link:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311357,00.html

Wow, another one. Texas Equusearch just left Mississippi after finding Brandi over the weekend (reports here also say she was found any where from 100 yards to a mile from her home,weird). It's all so very sad, but I must say good job Texas Equusearch for working so hard and swiftly in finding these missing loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back