We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

Yes. My friend asked for clarification and they told them the print was a wet print that was starting to dry, made on a cement floor.
Perhaps that's why the whole image didn't come through. IMO it only looks like a partial print. A construction site, like a building being built? A house being built? A sidewalk being built/repaired? I realize that we should be focusing on the tread. It looks like right foot as opposed to a left foot.

Last edited:
Perhaps that's why the whole image didn't come through. IMO it only looks like a partial print. A construction site, like a building being built? A house being built? A sidewalk being built/repaired? I realize that we should be focusing on the tread. It looks like right foot as opposed to a left foot.
Really? To me it looks like a left foot. The original cast (and therefore photo) would have been backwards. Right? Now I'm questioning myself. Regardless, both feet would have had the same design, imo.

ETA I don't think it had to be a construction site. The cement was dry. It could have been the middle of the road faik. This sole doesn't seem appropriate a construction site.

She sent me another screenshot. The shoe print was in a garage at a crime scene.

Edit- Forgot to add the actual screenshot :oops:

Screenshot_20221124-162711_Samsung Internet.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to fellow celebrants. I have turkey to eat but can't stop thinking about shoe soles.:rolleyes:

I ran across Etnies brand, which uses a sort of arrow logo. I'll attach a ss below. Could it be a match to the odd triangle shape on the side of the shoeprint? I do think that shape is probably on both sides of the shoe sole.

Attachments

• IMG_20221124_112802.jpg
    IMG_20221124_112802.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20221124_112655.jpg
    IMG_20221124_112655.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 55
I know I'm dense. I know it's taken me 17 pages to realize the key word for my searches is "outsole".

I know I mistakenly thought the shoe left a print in cement and we were looking at the lifted print.

And I THINK I know now that we're looking at a photograph of the actual footprint as it was left, wet, transfered on to a dry (concrete) surface.

So.... the marbled denim isn't denim at all. But concrete....

It was probably wer from water...

I think I'm finally up to speed.

I wish the photo included a tape measure or anything to convey scale.

I thought it seemed small. Female. But juvenile also answers that question.

Kid shoe.

Starting my search afresh.

JMO

Does anyone recognize this shoe imprint ? Or do you know of a good place to search for shoe brand imprints ? Please let us know if you do. If you don’t have time to search you can post links below that you feel can help in the search. This imprint is relation to The Cold Case Investigative Research Institute . If you’re not comfortable posting below you may private message me in here or email me at producer@websleuths.com Thank you for your
It's good to know we aren't the only ones thinking about this day and night!

I looked through Kangaroos upthread. Really thought I was onto something, but it didn't pan out. I still think the image looks like a boxing kangaroo. And the trefoil looks like a little kangaroo head.
Yes, here is the Kangaroos logo with the “Joey” (baby kangaroo) head cutout. Agree it is not the one we are looking for but had the same thought. Sorry it is upside down.

Attachments

• A8AC9664-A511-4155-A73C-F23075340AAE.jpeg
    A8AC9664-A511-4155-A73C-F23075340AAE.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 8
Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

Hey Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

One of the biggest things I am thankful for is our wonderful moderators on Websleuths.

On a holiday like today, our mods will be here working hard to make sure your experience on Websleuths is the best experience you can have on any discussion forum,

You don't see the drama and the problems that our mods handle every minute on Websleuths. That's because our mods work to make sure to solve problems quickly so you can get back to discussing true crime;

If you can spare a dollar or more to donate to our moderators I would greatly appreciate it.

All of the money raised will go to the moderators.

If you are thankful to our mods and can make a donation that would be wonderful.
If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

If you cannot make a donation could you please go to THIS THREAD and leave a kind comment for our mods.

In closing I want you to know how thankful I am to all of you who participate on Websleuths. You make Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet. Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith/Owner Websleuths.com

Could it be that the juvenile/young person was meant to signify a teen instead of a younger child?
If so, my mind goes to skate shoes ...or another athletic type. Or maybe slides ?

I can swear that at some point back in time, there were skate shoes DC comic characters. I was thinking of that because the imprint looks/reminds me of something that might have been used for the "Joker."

Just throwing out another possibility .

I was looking through outsole clip art in search of patterns. I noticed that some shoes -- like the great suggestion above of skater-type shoes -- have very flat, uniform treads. Other shoes make contact on the toes and heels with an arch between. We only have a partial print here. Is that because there was no additional imprint or did it dry and disappear or is there a natural break in the shoe's tread?

I also notice that most shoes -- work boots, sneakers, athletic shoes -- tend to have bordered treads whereas the one we're looking at extends all the way to the edge. Skater, slide....

JMO

Just checking in. I didn't have the cement info, but I got the recent and juvenile from Sheryl yesterday. I have looked at so many shoes, I feel like an expert. I have been looking at athletic/work type shoes and I have been through everything on ebay, poshmark, and zappos. I also searched a ton of aliexpress. I even searched generic outsoles on alibaba and various US manufacturers. Before we got this information I searched US and Mexican patents for trefoil (aside from adidas) and I tried to search logos. None of the shoes seemed to have large letters on them. The only shoes that have larger lettering are the canvas type (converse, chuck taylors, etc.). So I am starting over with that. The number of hours I have put into the stupid shoe is ridiculous. It makes me want to start a public shoe database!!

I think these are definitely not sneakers. I feel they are something with a flat sole. The image (of whatever that is) repeats below what we can see. So, going down, it's lines across at the toe, image, line, row of text, line, image again (See post # 296).

That's not enough real "grippy" tread to be any athletic or running type of shoe. It could be a skate shoe, sandal, flip-flop, shower shoe, slide, clog, beach/water shoe, slipper, etc. It's casual for sure, not a dress shoe.

The Jack of Clubs occurred to me, as did the Joker. Interestingly, the Joker has a somewhat trefoil shaped jester's hat. Also, along those lines, although the Joker is placed in a city based more on New York, DC comics is in California. CA= California, LA=Los Angeles, DC= DC Comics. Anyone think the letters might be CA LADC?

I think it's worth digging deeper into the Joker.

I found an online store that sells superhero and villain gear. They have Joker flip-flops. Can I just comment on how frustrating I find places that don't show a photo of the bottom of their shoes?!?! Grrr.

I have contacted them to get a picture of the tread, so we will see if they get back to me.

The store is superheroesgears.com. Take a look at their logo. To me it looks similar to the design in the middle of the image on our print.

Attachments

• IMG_20221125_012007.jpg
    IMG_20221125_012007.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 16
My first thought when I saw these, due to the shape of the imprint was that there is wear down one side. This reminds me of the underside and side of a skateboarder’s shoe. I may be way off so this is just my opinion.

She sent me another screenshot. The shoe print was in a garage at a crime scene.

Edit- Forgot to add the actual screenshot :oops:

View attachment 382425
I'm wondering if the letters and patterns on the tread are inverted. So for example the CA LADG, CA ZADG we are looking at is actually a different combo? The reason I ask this is because if it has already been deciphered that would give us an idea that it is the combo that I mentioned above and it is what we need to look at. Or is it not so? Maybe other quick thinking Sleuths have figured it out but some of us maybe not so like myself. If we know for sure that's the combo and pattern to look at then we will make certain that is what we find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back