ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this (other unsolved PNW murders) is reinforcing my belief that this is a serial killer. When I read of the other PNW murders, what stands out is that they are mostly unsolved with no particular POI. Most are seemingly innocent people who were “targeted”. I’m saying “targeted” in that they were vulnerable and there was opportunity… nothing more. Sure there are other gruesome murders committed in a similar manner (knife, early morning hour ambush), but each of these, including the UI students, appear to me to be random attacks on people living a pretty average lifestyle. And when I say random (not sure if that’s actually a good word here), I mean the victims were selected based on certain criteria only (vulnerable, opportunity) and not selected based on specific knowledge of the victims. Again this is MO only.
If This were A serial killer, Why Didn’t He Take out all the housemates?

We don’t know if they were woken up by Kaylee looking for her dog. That’s certainly plausible. They could’ve easily gone right back to sleep.
If a dog is missing, we get in the car and drive around looking for it. Would anyone just go to sleep with their missing dog? They were drunk but they could have woken up the roommates to help,

And leaving a door open at 30 degrees and have any wandering creature come in does not sound like something anyone would do.

It makes no sense what the police said. And it makes no sense that someone would leave their dog out.

No one knows why they called the BF, The talk about asking about the dog was from a conversation the mother talked about. It was from another time , not that night,

I don’t want to look for the reference so it is my opinion

Last edited:
We don’t know that for sure right now, but it is not uncommon for perpetrators of stabbing injuries to cut themselves on their own knife when it becomes slippery from the blood of the victim. Also, it has been reported that at least one of the victims had defensive wounds. This made have resulted in a scratch or even a bite from one of the victims which may have bled.

I hope Xana, or any of them, bit or scratched the assailant!

Last edited:
ONLY a solid alibi, IMHO.
What is a "solid alibi" for someone at 3 am in the morning? Most people will say, "I was at home, asleep in my bed.". Even if I was next to someone, if they are asleep, they really can't give you an alibi.

Maybe, if someone had flown to Hawaii, that day, checked into a hotel, and it can be verified that they were indeed, in Hawaii or wherever, that is pretty rock solid. Otherwise, what else?!

Could you point me in the direction of when they said this please?.

As I've transcribed the pressers I know they haven't mentioned once where the survivors were when the victims were attacked.

It can be assumed they were on the 1st floor, as LE have stated the victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors, but they've never actually said so.
Agree. I think the most “official” source we have on that is the most recent interview Kaylee’s family had with CNN.

That's an interesting thought...especially when one of them shows up with what appears to be an expensive new car.
I was thinking more of a build up of animosty towards privileged kids, gorgeous, living the less strictured college life, maybe to the envious outsider seeming like no work was ever done. Taking out $50 k+ loans, then some fanatic, cult creep, notes those loans have poofed and is convinced by media that HE is paying for all this!

i don't think K had her used car long enough to attract any attention of the kind I'm referring to.

iMO it is not a serial killer (unless he really liked it and starts off a spree). Also, jmo, it was not jealousy from anyone the kids dated. It was long time festering class envy, someone who hated college kids as a whole, and was goaded into murder by resentment stirred up by fringe media, or it could have been a religious cult fanatic disapproving of everything these kids represented. I do put the stalker theme up near the top. A furious "watcher".

But I don't let spurned faculty off the hook.

Imo

As an example, if she was wealthy, that could provide a motive for robbery
Or maybe she was being blackmailed, financially or sexually, or both. Maybe with dealers. Who knows. I'm not judging. Everyone is capable of getting in with the wrong crowd for what seems like easy gains. MOO.

Been thinkin' about the motive... IMO it is probable the perpetrator is an angry incel type, similar to Elliot Rodgers, taking revenge on women for rejecting him. The victims are three popular and attractive sorority girls and one frat dude, also handsome, popular and in a relationship with one of the girls. Exactly the types incels fiercely hate.

Looks to me like they have positioned the stools to serve as security by placing them in the track of the sliding doors. Usually one uses a straight piece of wood to do that for security purposes, but this may have been a makeshift attempt to do the same until they could get a piece of wood the right length.
I would think that investigators should have obtained something to secure the scene that wasn’t PART of the scene if they were concerned about intruders.

I was thinking more of a build up of animosty towards privileged kids, gorgeous, living the less strictured college life, maybe to the envious outsider seeming like no work was ever done. Taking out $50 k+ loans, then some fanatic, cult creep, notes those loans have poofed and is convinced by media that HE is paying for all this!

i don't think K had her used car long enough to attract any attention of the kind I'm referring to.

iMO it is not a serial killer (unless he really liked it and starts off a spree). Also, jmo, it was not jealousy from anyone the kids dated. It was long time festering class envy, someone who hated college kids as a whole, and was goaded into murder by resentment stirred up by fringe media, or it could have been a religious cult fanatic disapproving of everything this kids represented.

But I don't let spurned faculty off the hook.

Imo
I 100% agree- I’m personally down to this theory with a small chance it’s the serial killer theory that I shared a few pages back (trucker/contractor that felt the same way or felt turned down by the girls when encountering them at their restaurant job or at the bar that night) all IMO.

I really feel that this was definitely rage filled. The amount of energy it would take to stab 4 people multiple times is way more than you may think.
I know the police have said that they believe it was targeted and I kind of feel the same. With so many homes in that area they could have found easier targets then a house with 6 people in it. That is taking a huge chance of getting caught. I am also not convinced it’s only one person or that they are male.

I hope they get some answers soon.

yup, he didn't have his phone the night of the killing but he had his phone the previous times he stalked the house/victims and used their wifi. He wasn't counting on LE finding his IP address on the dates and times he visited before. That's probably how they zeroed in on him. MOO.
An IP address is transitory, they would need the phone's MAC address and that also can be changed or masked. With the reported foot traffic at that house any logging done on the WIFI router would be overwritten if it was even turned on.

interesting.. this makes 4 other cases now with the main facts in common being-
  • appears to have occurred on the 13th
  • happened around 3am
  • all unsolved stabbings
  • something new I just thought of: all have highways going through town. I’m not from the areas, so not sure if they are trucker routes?
MOO....I think there maybe be many more. All are in small towns with little to no media coverage. All are within 30/60 miles of Interstate.

If This were A serial killer, Why Didn’t He Take out all the housemates?
In no particular order:

Didn’t know they were there, or didn’t want to make noise by breaking down a locked door, or became afraid that LE might have been alerted and was on the way, or his arm was getting tired, or had killed enough to satisfy himself for now, or....

Putting it another way, why would we think that a serial killer would necessarily kill all the housemates?

MOO

I think if this case is related to others, that we still have some sound assumptions we shouldn’t forget. Familiarity with the house or routine of the victims still seems in my mind to hold some weight. So I don’t see a trucker just passing through and committing this crime. If we’re trying to draw conclusions based on assumptions that this is related to the prior stabbing(s), I’d say this is perhaps someone who was somewhat local to each case at the time of their occurrence. And we should be looking for someone who lived close enough to each scene, perhaps within one hours drive, at the time of commission- so I’d start with someone that has moved to a zip code within 20 minutes of this scene from one within 20 minutes of the earlier. And since the crimes are only what, a year? Apart, we’re looking for someone who moved in that window- and probably they moved shortly after the commission of the earlier crime. And perhaps they’ve already moved again, or are about to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK