ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone with a knowledge of weaponry know if a machete would potentially be considered a “fixed blade knife?”

Lol. I get it. It sounds ridiculous to us as grown adults. But if a sorority suddenly loses its ability to throw parties, that’s devastating to 20 year olds who are paying a small fortune to live in that sorority house.
I don't think you're far off base. So many emotions right at the surface, and in the case of sororities/fraternities, a lot of entitled group-think, hormones, and potential for all sorts of bizarre/violent results.

This may also link to why "friends" were initially summoned instead of police-- an inclination that it was (unresponsive with blood) an extension of the previous night's activities associated with the organizations. Keeping it insular, until they discovered the level of horror in those rooms.

mo

Does anyone with a knowledge of weaponry know if a machete would potentially be considered a “fixed blade knife?”
I don't know. We have machetes. They're more of "hacking" tool than anything. I don't even know why my husband bought them. Better off with sharper bladed saws and instruments. (He got it for the garden)

I don't know. We have machetes. They're more of "hacking" tool than anything. I don't even know why my husband bought them. Better of with sharper bladed saws and instruments. (He got it for the garden)
I’ve seen them classified as both a “fixed blade” and also, in the US, as a gardening tool. However, if you think about the idea of cutting (or, “hacking” as you put it, very accurately) down 4 people… a larger “fixed blade” weapon would be more efficient and powerful, increasing the odds that a 1 against 4 attack would be lethal and successful… MOO, of course… I am just playing with the verbiage and exploring other avenues of motive/means. Wondering if they say “fixed blade knife,” if a machete could hypothetically fall under that umbrella.

'Or Hazing' is interesting. Revenge kills? Perhaps the brother of a sorority girl.

Interesting tidbit from James Fitzgerald the other day stating "He (killer) apparently left no fingerprints behind, no blood on his part and no DNA..."

Source: Fox News
It’s way too soon to determine the killer left no DNA behind. Irresponsible reporting IMO.

What jumps out to me from that is this (was this on there the whole time? Or is this new?):

"Detectives are looking for context to the event and people involved in these murders. Our focus is the investigation, not the activities."

This almost sounds sympathetic to the killer. Maybe sympathetic is the wrong word... but sounds like they're asking for the "whole story"?

Also - people involved (cover up, clean up or helping killer after the fact? Or conspiracy/alibi vouching?) and they think people may not come forward because of (immoral or illegal) activities?

So trying to put someone or some people at ease that they're not in trouble and to come forward with tips and info?

JMO, MOO...

We're there doors between the second floor and third floor? I can't tell by the renderings if those areas could be closed off. Also was there a sliding door on the third floor? If so, where is it located. Is the balcony off one of the bedrooms? Thanks.

it is simply another avenue to look at. have they told us anything to not look down this avenue?
LE specifically released a list of people who are NOT suspected to be the killer. That list included all 4 victims. Likewise, the coroner found the cause of death of all 4 victims to be murder (none of the victims were determined to have been the subject of self-inflicted killing).

"LE: None of the 4 victim are suspects": Latest on the University of Idaho Killings: What We Know

"CORONER: The killings were not a murder-suicide": Idaho student killings: Coroner releases autopsy findings

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

It's interesting, that video is from early on before the autopsy, but she later reversed her stance on this topic. Not sure why as it seems pretty cut and dried.

View attachment 383356
Just for the record, Idaho coroners are elected or appointed, they do not determine cause of death and do not perform autopsies.
Idaho does not require a forensic pathologist for autopsy, only a physician.

Idaho Coroner/Medical Examiner Laws

After January 1, 2010, each county coroner shall complete twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education on a biennial calendar basis. Idaho Code Ann. § 31-2810.”

“No person shall be elected to the office of coroner unless he has attained the age of twenty-one (21) years at the time of his election, is a citizen of the United States and shall have resided within the county one (1) year next preceding his election.”

“All newly elected or appointed county coroners shall attend a coroner’s school within one (1) year of taking office. Such school shall be sponsored or endorsed by the Idaho state association of county coroners. Idaho Code Ann. § 34-622.”

Latah County ID, Coroner

“The Coroner, as soon as she is informed that a person in her county has died: As a result of violence, whether apparently homicidal, suicidal or accidental, or A) Under Suspicious or unknown circumstances, or B) When not attended by a physician during his/her last illness and the cause of death cannot be certified by a physician, shall go to place of death and take charge of the body. An investigation into the events leading up to the person´s death shall commence in cooperation with the appropriate law enforcement agency. The Coroner may authorize an autopsy to be performed by a licensed physician to aid in accurately and scientifically determining the cause and manner of death. The Coroner shall also prepare a written report of the factual information gathered during the course of such an investigation.”

I’ve seen them classified as both a “fixed blade” and also, in the US, as a gardening tool. However, if you think about the idea of cutting (or, “hacking” as you put it, very accurately) down 4 people… a larger “fixed blade” weapon would be more efficient and powerful, increasing the odds that a 1 against 4 attack would be lethal and successful… MOO, of course… I am just playing with the verbiage and exploring other avenues of motive/means. Wondering if they say “fixed blade knife,” if a machete could hypothetically fall under that umbrella.
Fixed blade means no folding, so that leaves out switchblade. Speaking of fixed blade, how about cooking knife, filleting knife-is the killer a chef- work in a kitchen of a restaurant?

Was it in the most recent press conference, or somewhere else, that LE said they would not disclose whether there was evidence of the perp being on the first floor (ground level, where the surviving roommates were sleeping)? I agree with other posters that the perp might have tracked blood into the first level, or left some other evidence that they visited that floor and left the surviving roommates unharmed. The language of "not disclosing" suggests there might be something. Was there a blood trail on the floor that led the surviving roommates to call for help, or feel cause for alarm? Just another horrible possibility. JMO.
It could also be that they are not releasing evidence that only the killer would know.
If they tell the public all the details, they cannot trip a suspect up in an interrogation.

Or maybe one of the victims was the whistleblower that got the sororities put on official suspension.

My daughter lives in a sorority house and getting put on probation or kicked off campus is a BIG DEAL. If one of the victims was involved in that, I could see the murders being revenge.
Anything is possible, and I understand that the suspension of sororities is a big deal, but I would hope the sorority members would know that murder -- even of a whistleblower -- is a much bigger deal. Also, many of us think the murders were committed by a guy.

While this is an interesting theory, my guess is that the murders were more personal and involved envy towards, or obsession with, a sorority member or members. I hope we find out soon and that the killer or killers are brought to justice.

JMO

What does Incel mean?
Involuntary celibate. Basically, a male that, for whatever reason, can’t get dates, and comes to a conclusion that he is not sexually attractive to females. More often than not, there is a disconnect between the girls that are sexually attractive to him and the ones he can realistically get. Some men learn, with time; others join “incel” communitie. These communities have very blunt and self-deprecating views, those of “losing evolutionary marathon” to sexually attractive men. They are not meant to support members. Rather, they blame attractive women for rejecting them. It is deep self-hatred targeted outwards, at women. Some act out on it, on women or on mixed groups. Others sort out their problems and leave. One would assume that the phenomenon might be somehow related to online addiction, because if sexual stereotype forms early, is rigid and realistically unreachable, people are bound to stay alone.

Last edited:
Anything is possible, and I understand that the suspension of sororities is a big deal, but I would hope the sorority members would know that murder -- even of a whistleblower -- is a much bigger deal. Also, many of us think the murders were committed by a guy.

While this is an interesting theory, my guess is that the murders were more personal and involved envy towards, or obsession with, a sorority member or members. I hope we find out soon and that the killer or killers are brought to justice.

JMO
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members