Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady that does the Tara Calico podcast at one point stated that she was contacted by someone who said the girl had come forward once before but the information was lost. Perhaps she did come forward again.

She would be close to 50 now.

That does make me wonder. What kind of evidence would anyone coming forward have to provide to prove that they were infact the person in the photo as the name of the girl in the photo wasn't known.

I'm, guessing they would have to show other photos of themselves at that same age as she was in the port st. joe photo.

I recieved a response from Becky Turner, who is the Florida Researcher for Doe Network

Hi (my name)
......I was as baffled about this case as your were.

The only thing listed on Doe is the following:
66UFFL discovered on June 15, 1989 in Port St. Joe, Florida is now a closed case. No further information is available.

Apparently the police didn’t release any info about who this woman was.

I tried searching online using a variety of words and found nothing.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Take care.......Bex

If this was a prank the doe network is most likely protecting the kids in the photo. I couldn’t imagine how many years people spent investigating this.

The unfortunate thing is is the fact that these photos were ever attached to the Calico case to begin with. If they weren't these kids likely never would have found their way onto the internet as their was never any real evidence that this was an actual crime.

I wonder how long this has been a closed case? Given that they didn't even know if this was a crime there probably wasn't any hurry to update all information.

Would have been a little funny if all these years debating if this was real or a hoax that they already knew the answer but just didn't take the time to update all the outlets.

What's strange is that the DN page says "Closed Case" instead of the usual "Identified..Identified..Identified..."
Makes me think it really was a hoax after all.
It is strange! And it's also strange that the boy's case remains open. Surely if the woman came forward saying 'hey, it's me in the picture and the boy is my brother/cousin/friend and he's alive and well and it was just an innocent prank', then the boy's case would be closed as well, right?

It is strange! And it's also strange that the boy's case remains open. Surely if the woman came forward saying 'hey, it's me in the picture and the boy is my brother/cousin/friend and he's alive and well and it was just an innocent prank', then the boy's case would be closed as well, right?

Not if the two aren't in touch anymore for whatever reason. They would still probably want the boy to come forward as well to close his case.

I recieved a follow up email

Hi (my name)......I found some additional info on case 66UFFL and why it was closed by Doe.

Apparently the photo of the bound woman on a train or bus was considered a hoax and the Doe case was closed.

The people in the photo were never identified.

Hope that gives you some additional info.

Take care......Bex

Well it was pretty clear all along the train photo was a fake.
Yeah I can't even understand how anybody thought that photo depicted an actual dangerous situation. I feel so bad for the guy who got his face blasted out there as a potential murderer bc a photo of him messing around suddenly got caught up in something? What about the bondage one? I never saw a resemblance between the woman in that and the other two photos.

Last edited:
If they closed the case just by finding out one of the photos was a hoax perhaps they never felt any of the photos were real.
I'm in agreement. I don't think train and bondage were real (and I don't think people should be sharing them trying to get innocent people in trouble). I'm still on the fence on the brother and sister one, it looks so wrong.

Last edited:
It's very odd that the case of the UM is still up when UF has been taken down. I get that they know the train photo is just a silly photo some people took once, but like...if there's question as to the identity of the UM in the original picture, surely there's question about the UF in the same picture? Strange. Regardless, I just hope everyone involved in the pictures is all okay, and that all the pictures are just innocent and taken out of original context.

I've always thought the three sets of photos don't really look like the same girl. The train one especially. I wonder if they figured out that the train one was a hoax but cannot confirm the other two, so that's why the boy's case was never closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member