GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
"one small point that I wonder about, what if one or more jurors find GW not guilty of the murders, thus they would be saying we don't believe JW and AW, would the state still think they testified to their satisfaction if the jury conclude they are both liars, and what would it do then for BW trial if jurors are not buying what the state and AW and JW are selling"

Doesn't matter if some jurors do not believe Angela or Jake's testimony. Judge Deering made the ruling to remove the DP from George's Case and told the jury George could not get the DP. It is completely gone and not coming back for George. So if any jurors were worried about not wanting to send George to death row, they don't have that worry anymore.

LWOP is the worst he can get.

As for Billy, the DP is still on the table for him unless he takes a plea deal where he pleads guilty and then the DP is dropped in exchange for his guilty plea.

Or he can have the DP dropped the same way George's got dropped. This would be Billy going to trial and then Jake testifies at his trial to the prosecution's satisfaction. Then Billy's lawyers can do what George's lawyers did and ask the judge to drop the DP.

Angela does not have to testify at Billy's trial for the DP to be dropped, just Jake has to testify for that to happen. Same with George. If Angela had refused to testify at George's trial the DP would still have been dropped as long as Jake testified.

Jake's plea agreement is the one that says he has to testify at his family member's trials for the DP to be dropped for them. I never heard of this being a part of Angie's plea agreement.

I have never seen or heard that Angie's testimony gets the DP dropped for her family, just that if she doesn't testify she looses her plea deal of 30 years and she alone goes back under the DP.

Jake's plea agreement is that he has to testify to the prosecution's satisfaction and then the DP is dropped for that family member. He did that with George. Jake's plea agreement does NOT say Angie also has to testify for the DP to be dropped.

If someone can prove otherwise I would like to see the links for that.

Judge indeed spared GW4's life given he was in-fact found guilty of aggravated murder with all three specifications for each victim as indicted, and would otherwise be eligible to be put to death.

Good morning - waiting on the jury to reach a verdict in the Wagner murder trial in Pike County. I'll have a live update at noon on @local12

Jury arrived at 8:30 and has taken a break. Been at it for two hours plus so far. We'll also break in with live coverage when it hits.

Court going on record in a few minutes to go over a few minor details while jury deliberates.

Apparently, the jury wanted sections of the transcript of Jake's testimony. The judge said if they got it, it would be all of it and they needed to read it all - more than 700 pages. The foreperson said no they would do without it apparently. Jury had pizza for lunch

Lawyers called into chambers from both sides and there was a note sent from jury to judge. But this is NOT a verdict. Jurors seen taking a restroom break.

Lawyers both sides leave with nothing on record. Defense lawyers leave the courthouse entirely for now.

VERDICT is in in Wagner trial. Will be announced live on
@local12
in about 20-25 minutes. There will also be a press conference by prosecutors and other dignitaries in 90 minutes.

They’ve allowed cell phones into courtroom for the first time since trial began. So I’ll live tweet it and be on camera live on
@local12
immediately after the verdict

Judge checking verdict forms for all 22 charges

Family of Rhodens holding hands

GUILTY aggravated murder count 1 with gun specs

Guilty all 8 murders all 4 aggravated burglary and conspiracy and gun charges- tampering with evidence as well

verdict reached, am astonished, they couldn't have gone over even one day's testimony never mind months,

so I expect G on all charges,
Wow, that fast! They had their minds made up going through those doors, possibly one person had a question. I respect their decision. I for one am thankful it is over and would not have wanted their job.

AC keeping her lawyer hat on, it is always a good idea to speak to jurors who have convicted one defendant so that you can learn what they thought proved guilt, what evidence did they find compelling, what evidence did they see no relevance too

will help them when it comes to BW trial, and he may be considering his options considering how fast the verdict was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus