TX Tx- Skeletal remains found near Lake Tawakoni

Noexcuse

Reaction score
Skeletal remains were found yesterday near lake Tawakoni along with an old rusty bicycle close to the last known ping area of missing retired Firefighter, Michael Chambers. Local authorities are investigating. Multiple stories on facebook including from the man that found the body.

Skeletal remains were found yesterday near lake Tawakoni along with an old rusty bicycle close to the last known ping area of missing retired Firefighter, Michael Chambers. Local authorities are investigating. Multiple stories on facebook including from the man that found the body.
Can you provide a few links?

Northeast Texas Media

https://www.facebook.com/NortheastTXMedia#
·

Rains County Remains Found
As many people have seen by now, the individual who found the remains in Rains County yesterday has made a post showing photos of a bicycle, a human skull, and multiple LEO at the scene. We will not be sharing the skull photos out of respect for the family. The identity of the remains has not been determined at this time.
Please continue to pray for the families of those missing.
We have copied and pasted the statement the gentleman who discovered the remains included with his photos, below. Again, to reiterate, the identity of the remains HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED by law enforcement and it will likely be several weeks to months before they are identified.
“My trip to the woods today turned into the unexpected. I had recently found an area that I previously thought was inaccessible due to swampy conditions making access almost impossible. However a couple of days ago I found a way in by crossing a small channel and then finding myself unexpectedly on high ground. Today I returned to explore the area more and to look for secondary old growth timber. I found some very large trees along an old barely discernable fence line and began to follow it westward. As I approached a swamp area flooded with water I noticed an old looking mountain bike partially hidden under the remains of a fallen and rotted tree. Shortly after finding the bike I found what appeared to be a human pelvis bone. I began finding more bones including what looked like a femur and possibly a shin bone. As I continued to circle and search the area I walked further out and then I saw it, a human skull. From there it turned into numerous phone calls to the Sabine River Authority and both the Rains county and Hunt county sherrifs office. Its looking very likely that this may be the remains of a retired firefighter missing from Quinlan five years ago. They last tracked his cell phone across the two mile bridge headed east at 3 mph and believe he was on a bike.”317555609_524848929681047_3495771413780729710_n.jpeg317906829_524848829681057_3631626595830454046_n.jpeg317827651_524848916347715_5556513787284139473_n.jpeg

Northeast Texas Media

https://www.facebook.com/NortheastTXMedia#
·

Rains County Remains Found
As many people have seen by now, the individual who found the remains in Rains County yesterday has made a post showing photos of a bicycle, a human skull, and multiple LEO at the scene. We will not be sharing the skull photos out of respect for the family. The identity of the remains has not been determined at this time.
Please continue to pray for the families of those missing.
We have copied and pasted the statement the gentleman who discovered the remains included with his photos, below. Again, to reiterate, the identity of the remains HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED by law enforcement and it will likely be several weeks to months before they are identified.
“My trip to the woods today turned into the unexpected. I had recently found an area that I previously thought was inaccessible due to swampy conditions making access almost impossible. However a couple of days ago I found a way in by crossing a small channel and then finding myself unexpectedly on high ground. Today I returned to explore the area more and to look for secondary old growth timber. I found some very large trees along an old barely discernable fence line and began to follow it westward. As I approached a swamp area flooded with water I noticed an old looking mountain bike partially hidden under the remains of a fallen and rotted tree. Shortly after finding the bike I found what appeared to be a human pelvis bone. I began finding more bones including what looked like a femur and possibly a shin bone. As I continued to circle and search the area I walked further out and then I saw it, a human skull. From there it turned into numerous phone calls to the Sabine River Authority and both the Rains county and Hunt county sherrifs office. Its looking very likely that this may be the remains of a retired firefighter missing from Quinlan five years ago. They last tracked his cell phone across the two mile bridge headed east at 3 mph and believe he was on a bike.”View attachment 384116View attachment 384117View attachment 384118

Texas Advocates for the Missing is in Greenville, Hunt County, Texas.​

21m ·

Update On Human Remains Located In Rains County
On November 30, 2022, the Rains and Hunt County Sheriff’s Offices along with the Texas Rangers responded to investigate the findings of human skeletal remains and other evidentiary items in Rains County. The remains were sent to the University of North Texas for Human Identification for proper identification of the remains.
Our agencies are aware there have been postings on social media regarding evidence and assumptions that the remains are of a missing Quinlan man, however proper identification has not been made and can only be made by dental records or DNA. Identification of human remains can be a lengthy process and we ask that you keep the families who have missing loved ones in mind when posting information about the findings.
This is a joint investigation between Rains and Hunt County Sheriff’s Offices and Texas Rangers. Future investigative and search efforts will be made to locate additional evidence.
Sgt. Shannon Morel
Hunt County Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Officer

Attachments

• 317494241_2022546587939044_7982188080773193288_n.jpeg
    317494241_2022546587939044_7982188080773193288_n.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8

Klein Investigations and Consulting

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites ·
https://www.facebook.com/KleinInves...Lb49FdvkZfLhn1S9JqYrbVTs4_haqdA&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

In the Matter of Missing person Michael Chambers:
We are aware of the skeletal remains that have been found in Rains County. Our client has been in contact with law enforcement as well and cooperating with anything they may need/request. We fully support all agencies that are involved and defer any comments and/or questions to the presiding LE agency.
We asked that you send all the prayers to Hunt County, Rains County, Texas Rangers, and any other law enforcement agency involved. We also ask that you pray for the family and any other family that is missing a loved one out of that area. Answers will come in due time and until then, please pray.
KIC

Klein Investigations and Consulting

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites ·
https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations#
·

Re: Remains found in Rains County TX
The public will do what the public will do, however, we would like to comment on the public/internet dissemination of photos of skeletal remains on various sites. While it may possibly be the remains of Michael Chambers, there has been no formal confirmation of such, and no formal identification. As you all have a great interest in this find, please do not publish any links to the photos on our page. Investigator 101 is when remains are found, it is not compassionate, proper, nor ethical for photos of those remains to published on the web. This is someone's loved one. It's devastating for a next of kin to see photos of a skull in the woods which could possibly be their daddy, their brother, their uncle, or their husband. Until we have confirmation of identification, please have compassion for the family. Especially, out of respect for our client, please do not post the FB link on our page. It will be removed.

Michael Ramsey

dneorotsSpu0101hh3m2g0f6u0h715h4i0c3aathm3h1657g1ti66fmult2c ·

My trip to the woods today turned into the unexpected. I had recently found an area that I previously thought was inaccessible due to swampy conditions making access almost impossible. However a couple of days ago I found a way in by crossing a small channel and then finding myself unexpectedly on high ground. Today I returned to explore the area more and to look for secondary old growth timber. I found some very large trees along an old barely discernable fence line and began to follow it westward. As I approached a swamp area flooded with water I noticed an old looking mountain bike partially hidden under the remains of a fallen and rotted tree. Shortly after finding the bike I found what appeared to be a human pelvis bone. I began finding more bones including what looked like a femur and possibly a shin bone. As I continued to circle and search the area I walked further out and then I saw it, a human skull. From there it turned into numerous phone calls to the Sabine River Authority and both the Rains county and Hunt county sherrifs office. Its looking very likely that this may be the remains of a retired firefighter missing from Quinlan five years ago. They last tracked his cell phone across the two mile bridge headed east at 3 mph and believe he was on a bike. Update: I have never had a post go viral---due to the sensitivity of this subject I have removed any photos of the remains on this post...

RAINS COUNTY, Texas — The Texas Rangers have been called in to help identify some human skeletal remains that were found in Rains County on Wednesday.

Investigators from Rains and Hunt counties are assisting the Texas Rangers in this probe. They said the skeletal remains, along with other evidence, were found on a property off Highway 276.

A law enforcement source described the remains as being “very old.” They also said investigators have possibly narrowed it down to two individuals who had been reported missing in that area.

This article has a list of missing people from Hunt, Hopkins and Rains Counties

AW Steed: Disappeared August 1986 from Sulphur Springs
Michael Chambers: Disappeared March 2017 from Quinlan
Larry Culberson: Disappeared September 2013 from Emory
Melissa Darling: Disappeared June 2011 from Sulphur Springs/ Oklahoma
Kearstyn Cagle: Disappeared from Quinlan 2022
Tonya Heimann: Disappeared from Greenville 2021
Matthew Hallman: Disappeared from Greenville 2011
Lisa Chandler: Disappeared from Wolfe City 2007
Sarah Kinslow: Disappeared from Greenville 2001
Roszan Payne: Disappeared from Royse City 1994
David Bratton: Disappeared from Greenville 1986

I saw some comments made on the Facebook page for Hunt County Missing. The niece of Lisa Chandler, who disappeared from the area nearly 15 years ago, said that a detective told her that the skull that was found was small, presumed to be female, and it was missing the top teeth, as if the person could have been a denture wearer, which her aunt was not. This is not confirmed information, just something that was on Facebook. I pray that someone's family gets some closure soon.

I saw some comments made on the Facebook page for Hunt County Missing. The niece of Lisa Chandler, who disappeared from the area nearly 15 years ago, said that a detective told her that the skull that was found was small, presumed to be female, and it was missing the top teeth, as if the person could have been a denture wearer, which her aunt was not. This is not confirmed information, just something that was on Facebook. I pray that someone's family gets some closure soon.
My apologies. These comments were regarding a different set of remains, not the most recent ones.

On November 30, 2022, the Rains County Sheriff’s Office was notified of the discovery of possible human remains in a wooded area just off U.S. Highway 276 east of the City of East Tawakoni, Texas.
[...]
The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office has learned the human remains located in Rains County are the remains of Michael Glenn Chambers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back