Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, IN does not require a front license plate.
Does Indiana Require Front License Plates? | GetJerry.com

IMO this vehicle was backed in to avoid reading the license plate. IIRC LE was asking who owned this vehicle at the abandoned CPS building right after the murders. Also interesting is that when RA discussed where he parked he used the old Farm Bureau building…not the abandoned CPS building.

According to neighbors (watching with binoculars) as the search was going on at RA’s property, fwiw they said that after LE was there during the search that they waited for another search warrant to haul the black 2016 Ford Focus away. So have to ask…when LE got there and saw the vehicle, did they say “bingo” to themselves?
BBM - Another attempt to 'distance' himself from the crime scene. IMO

I'm far from convinced. Fortunately, I'm not on the jury. :p

Do you think the information contained in the probable cause affidavit adequately supported RA’s arrest?

It serves as the only evidence we know of for now but we don’t know if there’s more. Thankfully the jury is not deliberating quite yet.

Apologies if someone else has mentioned it already, but I keep thinking of that quote from Stephen King's novel and film The Green Mile. John Coffey says of "Wild Bill," the man who murdered two sisters, "He killed them with their love," referring to the fact that Bill had threatened the girls, at the time of their kidnapping, to each stay quiet, or he would hurt the other one. He used their love and loyalty against them to bring about their deaths.

I suspect the killer here brandished his gun and made a very similar threat, and that the girls complied, each hoping to protect the other. My personal theory is that he had a round in the chamber, just in case one of them attempted to fight or flee, but didn't need to use it: so before he left the crime scene, he ejected it to make the weapon safe before hiking out, possibly not realizing that anything about an unspent bullet could tie him to the crime, or perhaps not realizing just where it fell and too rushed to look for it.
Very interesting theory. I also think he might have left it purposely placed between the 2 girls as sort of symbolism.

MOO

Based on helicopter footage from news stations on the day they were found, footage that shows searchers in the water near the scene, it was wadeable. There were almost like sand bars or raised areas in the creek near where it's speculated they likely crossed.
Here's the link to the helicopter footage I saw:

I found it VERY helpful in understanding the terrain and distances involved.

Am I wrong or does Bridge Guy video distinctly *not* show his mouth moving when the words “down the hill” are uttered? If I’m not wrong ISP released the audio before the video.

Could the audio have been taken from when Libby’s phone was in her pocket, rather than when she was holding it and filming? And then bundled into the video package that was later released and that has become so notorious?

In which case nobody can say for sure that Bridge Guy said those words. IMO.

Am I wrong or does Bridge Guy video distinctly *not* show his mouth moving when the words “down the hill” are uttered? If I’m not wrong ISP released the audio before the video.

Could the audio have been taken from when Libby’s phone was in her pocket, rather than when she was holding it and filming? And then bundled into the video package that was later released and that has become so notorious?

In which case nobody can say for sure that Bridge Guy said those words. IMO.
The PCA says the male "is seen and heard" telling the girls "guys down the hill"

But they work for Department of Natural Resources which I don’t recall was involved with the Delphi Taskforce.

All we do know is a tip regarding the Conservation Officer’s talk with RA was submitted and lost, however whether or not proper procedure was not followed regarding investigation by DNR I think that is beyond our scope and regardless points us down the “what does it matter?” road.
In Indiana Conservation Officers have jurisdiction anywhere in the state including state waterways.

It’s a convincing case as is. The theory that another guy who showed up dressed identically, carrying an obvious handgun, isn’t plausible IMO.
Once the words DTH are spoken it’s a felony that ended in murder.
Felony murder.

Yes and this other guy nor the girls on the bridge who RA claimed he didn’t observe. His major mistake, if one can call it that, is admitting to placing himself on the bridge although he probably didn’t yet realize Libby had sent the SC pics and captured an image and voice of bridge man, both actions proving their exact location and time they were also on the bridge. JMO

In Indiana Conservation Officers have jurisdiction anywhere in the state including state waterways.

Not sure of your point, that DNR should've been leading the murder investigation? I hadn’t noticed they were even a member of the Delphi taskforce.

RA arrived there 1:30ish what did he leave? What time did the first person show up to pick up the girls?

TIA

RA arrived there 1:30ish what did he leave? What time did the first person show up to pick up the girls?

TIA
RA got to the trails at about 1:30, the girls got there at 1:49. He was seen on the bridge shortly before 1:49 when the girls weren't there. He kidnapped them at 2:13. He was seen walking away from the trails on the road (presumably to his car) at around 3:57. Derrik arrived at 3:14 (called her at 3:11).

MOO He is a police officer, he is not putting in a tip.
He should be reporting his/her information directly to the CCSO detective in charge once it went from search to murder investigation.
I'm sure the CO knows how to relay information correctly, provided he was an actual sworn officer on duty. <modsnip - no link> Again, we have no idea what, when or how LE handled any information they received. It will all be coming out at trial though.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: got it.

he has so many Delphi videos can you help me narrow it down? Was it recent or from back when the crime happened? he has so many and i'm not seeing one with MAP in the title (might just be missing it). TIA.
Scroll down this page. Someone posted it. I wasn't able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288