Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

Found with a bicycle. Did we ever get a good description of the bike that was supposedly missing from the Chambers home?
Sigh. I hope there is word before long. Seems like dental charts can help here.
I followed your posts for YEARS. Let's hope this is the beginning of the end for this case! What a horrible case. At one point, Hunt County Sheriff's Office published a picture of a supposed missing bike but the key question will be how the bike got there (assuming it is him). I think it's pretty clear that he DID NOT ride it there.

Found with a bicycle. Did we ever get a good description of the bike that was supposedly missing from the Chambers home?
Sigh. I hope there is word before long. Seems like dental charts can help here.
The one thing that really bothered me about the Disappeared episode was that Sheriff Meeks commented that the cell phone data showed that MC went to the "other side of the 2-mile bridge" for some time that day . . .I am paraphrasing. People were confused about when this was; was it before or after the Walmart trip? Meeks seemed to indicate that it was after the Walmart trip. Then, this body was found this week on that same side. I wonder if these are related. We never found out when law enforcement actually thought MC was on the other side of the lake that day and no one seemed to know in the comments the past few years. I know I am getting ahead of myself but it's one of the first things I thought of when I heard the news today.

Human skeletal remains recovered in Rains County yesterday have been sent to an identification lab at the University of North Texas in Denton. This afternoon, the Hunt County Sheriff's Office emphasized that the remains have not been identified and discouraged speculation about the identity of the deceased.

Seems highly possible this could be MC. We will have to wait on DNA. No way he rode that bike there. However possibly taken by boat slowly along WT shoreline following 2 mile bridge back over shoreline to this area of ET.... Thoughts and prayers for all.

Seems highly possible this could be MC. We will have to wait on DNA. No way he rode that bike there. However possibly taken by boat slowly along WT shoreline following 2 mile bridge back over shoreline to this area of ET.... Thoughts and prayers for all.
I have to admit that the bike thing has me flummoxed. I agree that if it is him, he didn’t ride it but it potentially muddies the waters a bit.

I have to admit that the bike thing has me flummoxed. I agree that if it is him, he didn’t ride it but it potentially muddies the waters a bit.
It doesn't muddy it, for me. Someone wanted him and the bike to disappear for good. The guy that found him said it's not anywhere he (or most people) would ever explore.

It doesn't muddy it, for me. Someone wanted him and the bike to disappear for good. The guy that found him said it's not anywhere he (or most people) would ever explore.
I agree 100% but I’m just concerned because of how criminal defense lawyers think and what juries buy sometimes. It suggests that there was some planning involved. Why take the bike along? Clearly, it’s to throw people off.

To those of you who live in or near Hunt County, Texas: Has the county ever announced any news about the remains found in January in that rural part of the county? Is anyone talking about it? Are people asking about it? Why would that information not be made public? What is going on?
I live right at the County line and have followed the news in this case closely. Nothing that I know of has been release on the two separate bodies found awhile back.

Considering he disappeared with only his phone and DL, I could get on board with a suicide, but for the life of me, I don’t understand how a 6’3”, 225 lb older man with bad knees rides a bicycle on a, at minimum, 1 1/2 hour bike ride AND manages to do it without being seen by anyone.

New here so forgive me if I’m making mistakes. I lived in the area for several decades and also volunteered on the fire department with Carey Mae Parker’s dad before he passed away. The area where a bike and remains were found is close to where the MC family used to live.

Just throwing this theory out because this is the part that keeps jumping out at me quoted from the Discovery Site: Did This 70-Year-Old Grandfather Stage His Own Suicide, Or Was He Murdered?

D3601128-4BB5-4F59-9401-0912822A855B.jpeg
I think it’s possible MC drove to the location, his truck was taken back to his house by someone else, the blood splatter staged, truck left at the house and the bike was rode by that someone else back to the area. The only thing that isn’t clear is when did the Walmart stop happen. If it was after his first trip to the 2 mile bridge then my theory is no good.

New here so forgive me if I’m making mistakes. I lived in the area for several decades and also volunteered on the fire department with Carey Mae Parker’s dad before he passed away. The area where a bike and remains were found is close to where the MC family used to live.

Just throwing this theory out because this is the part that keeps jumping out at me quoted from the Discovery Site: Did This 70-Year-Old Grandfather Stage His Own Suicide, Or Was He Murdered?

View attachment 384742
I think it’s possible MC drove to the location, his truck was taken back to his house by someone else, the blood splatter staged, truck left at the house and the bike was rode by that someone else back to the area. The only thing that isn’t clear is when did the Walmart stop happen. If it was after his first trip to the 2 mile bridge then my theory is no good.
This part of the Disappeared episode didn’t make sense to me. I don’t have an explanation unless someone asked him to meet over there but didn’t show up (so that the phone shows he was there). But I don’t think he was killed (around the time of the Walmart trip) where he was found for three reasons. First, why then would you stage the crime scene at the house and draw attention to that location? Second, how does one explain the bloody dowel? Where does that fit in? Third, when he went to Walmart at 11am, he surely didn’t have a bike with him, right? I think that the Walmart trip was a way to get him off the property. The garage was the crime scene, in my opinion. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me. I do think this crime shows someone went to a TON of planning. I know you hypothesized that someone rode the bike to that location but that just seems REALLY risky and unlikely for that reason. Who knows though? I never thought we’d hear about a bike again and I was wrong! Let’s pray these investigators can figure this one out!!!

This part of the Disappeared episode didn’t make sense to me. I don’t have an explanation unless someone asked him to meet over there but didn’t show up (so that the phone shows he was there). But I don’t think he was killed (around the time of the Walmart trip) where he was found for three reasons. First, why then would you stage the crime scene at the house and draw attention to that location? Second, how does one explain the bloody dowel? Where does that fit in? Third, when he went to Walmart at 11am, he surely didn’t have a bike with him, right? I think that the Walmart trip was a way to get him off the property. The garage was the crime scene, in my opinion. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me. I do think this crime shows someone went to a TON of planning. I know you hypothesized that someone rode the bike to that location but that just seems REALLY risky and unlikely for that reason. Who knows though? I never thought we’d hear about a bike again and I was wrong! Let’s pray these investigators can figure this one out!!!
The bike ride is the oddity because it is extremely far. They were basing the suicide theory off of how slow the travel time was clocked. I always thought that theory was impossible because he would have easily survived a jump from that bridge, but his knees would’ve given out on the ride over long before he got there. That’s why I hypothetical thought someone in better shape rode the bike over if these are his remains and the bike is there. I just hope and pray his family gets closure soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back