CA CA- San Francisco, WhtMale, 20-40, UP5843, jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge. August 1975.

He was seen jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge and was recovered from the water shortly afterwards.
He was 5'10 and 172 pounds. He had long, wavy brown hair and brown eyes.
No more details in his NamUs really. Hopefully we can find some more information somewhere.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A very old case. Entered in Namus 2009. He had a recognizable face but no recon or PM picture. Most likely no DNA obtained and cremated. I wonder if there is anything left of the file or if there are identifiers.

A very old case. Entered in Namus 2009. He had a recognizable face but no recon or PM picture. Most likely no DNA obtained and cremated. I wonder if there is anything left of the file or if there are identifiers.
I would hope they have fingerprints and dental records somewhere at least. A lot of SF cases have pretty depressing/blank namus pages but it could be they just don't care for NamUs much and have loads of stuff somewhere else. I think its sad he was RF (and seen alive by witnesses) but the age range is 20-40. I'm sure they could have narrowed it more, there's certainly a difference between a 20yo and 40yo.

I thought of this man. Richard Frank Plechner – The Charley Project

He was in trouble with the law and didn't show up on August 18, 1975 in court. Could he have taken his own life?

Stats don't fit that much.

Defendant Plechner, along with nine others, was charged with violations of 21 USC § 963 (conspiracy to import controlled substances) and 21 USC § 846 (conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute). Bond was set at $10,000. To secure Plechner's release from custody, Appellant Surety Insurance Company of California arranged for a $10,000 appearance guarantee to be filed with the district court.
On June 24, 1975, Plechner appeared before U.S. Magistrate Edward A. Infante, who ordered the defendant to appear for an omnibus hearing on July 10, 1975 before U.S. Magistrate Harry R. McCue. On July 10, 1975, Plechner appeared before Magistrate McCue, who continued the case until August 18, 1975. When Plechner failed to appear on August 18, Magistrate McCue forfeited bail.
On October 7, 1975, the government filed a motion for a default judgment because Plechner had failed to meet the terms of the bond. On December 29, 1976, the appellant filed opposition to the motion, arguing that Plechner was dead and that a magistrate had no authority to forfeit a bond.

Richard Frank Plechner
I don't think he could be a match. He's a bit too big to be him, and the wrong eye colour.
I wonder since you say his page hasn't been edited since 2009 maybe he has been identified/claimed at some point but they never updated the page.

A lot of SF cases have pretty depressing/blank namus pages but it could be they just don't care for NamUs much and have loads of stuff somewhere else.
I wonder the same thing. Between the heroin, crack, and AIDS epidemics, the morgues must've been overflowing, and SF is a geographically small city. DNA testing for criminal/UID cases wouldn't come until the '90s. No wonder they opted to cremate the unknown dead. The coroners probably took fingerprints and dentals at the time, but 40-50 years is a long time to hang onto those files without them being destroyed or shredded. Fingers crossed they're still in a warehouse somewhere.

Richard Frank Plechner
I don't think he could be a match. He's a bit too big to be him, and the wrong eye colour.
I wonder since you say his page hasn't been edited since 2009 maybe he has been identified/claimed at some point but they never updated the page.
The NamUs case was created September 12, 2009 and last modified July 23, 2019. I don't think this JD has been identified. In case of doubt, the best option is to email the ME. MOO JMO

The NamUs case was created September 12, 2009 and last modified July 23, 2019. I don't think this JD has been identified. In case of doubt, the best option is to email the ME. MOO JMO
Oops, I thought they said it hasn't been updated since 2009. My bad, but at least this gives some more hope lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back