ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
My guess is the house will be demolished once it's no longer needed for the investigation (which could be a long time). But I doubt anyone will go back to living there... ever
It has to be demolished, imo, when appropriate, of course. It's a biohazard considering the circumstances. Not to be grotesque, but bugs are drawn to decay and they don't typically stay in one place...as in their little feet will carry that to the next locale, ie a plethora of more decay from apartment complex trash (either the big dumpster outside or the waste baskets within each apartment). Disease control protocols ingrained in my brain would already have me in the leasing office reneging whatever lease I was under.

I say all that but then think about the Lutzes moving into High Hopes (Amityville). Ew. Others can do their research on that, but ew-um-nope.

As well, Cielo remaining as such until whenever The Downward Sprial was release by NIN - just take a wild guess where that album was recorded (I'm sure it was cleaned in between '69 and '94-95(?)). Now, the Cielo house is some monstrosity currently listed for sale on Zillow for millions. Beautiful pics, but still, just nope.

I live in Australia, so don't this location. Is it common for hunters to live here? Clearly, the perpetrator was very skilled in hunting knife use. Someone who blends in with the college town crowd, and is a skilled (and very confident) user of such knives. Would that be common in this location? There are probably dozens of possible perps, but the highly skilled use of the knife must surely set him apart (killing 4 adults with it - no mean feat).
Yah it's definitely a big hunter area. Idaho is on the west coast next to California, but it along with Northern California are more akin culturally to the southern rural areas of the US. A lot of of country folks who hunt, fish etc.

I live in Australia, so don't this location. Is it common for hunters to live here? Clearly, the perpetrator was very skilled in hunting knife use. Someone who blends in with the college town crowd, and is a skilled (and very confident) user of such knives. Would that be common in this location? There are probably dozens of possible perps, but the highly skilled use of the knife must surely set him apart (killing 4 adults with it - no mean feat).

From my point of view, that entire part of Idaho is hunters, except for a small minority. College professors, probably not. Locals - mostly know some hunting. Pastors? Maybe not (my childhood pastor was from Moscow, ID and decidedly not a hunter and a total pacificist/animal rights kind of guy). OTOH, he moved out when he was 18.

But look up some of the entertainment venues in Moscow, ID (Moscow Axe Throwing [The #1 Axe Throwing Venue in Moscow, ID] for one) or the number of taxidermists (zero taxidermists in my town which is 5X bigger). There are two right in town and 7-8 within driving distance (there are zero within that driving distance from me).

Since knife and ax use/throwing and place to practice and be praised for such skills are locally available I'd say it's not all that rare. While the rest of the US has seen a decline in issuing of hunters' licenses, not Idaho:

Sure, if youre assuming that the goal was to kill all 4. I have a hard time wrestling with that - particularly with the info from BE that Ks wounds were more substantially more brutal than Ms.

I tend to think the goal was to kill K and it ended up being 4. Time will tell (I hope)
The fact remains that they DID KILL FOUR, original intent notwithstanding. Were they all in their beds when attacked? That would lend credence to intending to kill all four, since it would tend to rule out attacking an unintended victim who may have tried to confront the attacker after awakening. MOO

Yah it's definitely a big hunter area. Idaho is on the west coast next to California, but it along with Northern California are more akin culturally to the southern rural areas of the US. A lot of of country folks who hunt, fish etc.

Idaho shares no borders with California! It is next to Oregon and Washington. Idaho shares very little in common with California - but quite a bit with Washington and Oregon, right (especially the eastern parts of the state).

Did you see my post about gangs in Idaho?

Will insurance cover that loss in the US? I expect it only covers crime scene clean up and I can’t see the home owner just throwing away a couple of hundred grand (I have no idea how much the house is worth). Insurance would likely pay to redo floors, etc. if they are stained/contaminated.
Insurance doesn’t come into effect when it’s a criminal act. There would be no claim for this in a property loss.

Last edited:
The United States Dept of Justice defines mass murder as:

A mass murder is defined as the killing of three or more people at one time and in one location.

Thank you! Yes. This crime that was committed, by definition, is a mass murder. That said, if the perpetrator(s) committed more than one crime such as this, he/she would be considered a serial murderer who committed mass murder.

I think.

Imo

It is hard to keep up. I asked the same questions.

As I said, normally a perpetrator is deterred unless it met the dog prior IMOO

Either the dog was locked away, knew the perpetrator rtc #dog #murphy

During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene.
Thank you for bringing this forward

Last edited:
LE knows who the target was, they know who was killed first. Killer wouldve transfered blood from one room to the other. Am i right?

The first person killed isn't necessarily the target. The first person killed may have just been an obstacle to the target.

I also think the reason they won't release who was killed first is they're probably using that to suss out false confessions.

Fraternity is probably private residence. Most colleges greek systems are off campus.
I understand and they own their own houses and therefore protect their investment, lowering the insurance cost. I could go on and on. The ones I am familiar with are off-campus as well with cameras. I am just surprised.

Why not use a gun with a silencer?

#1122 #king #moscow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206_194710_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_194710_Maps.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics