Identified! Australia - Alderley (Nth Brisbane) - QLD - Fem/UnkRace/Age - Body In Locked Void at Apartment Complex, 7 Dec'22 - Tanya Glover

iamshadow21

Amateur Forensics Geek
Reaction score
Body found 'wrapped' and partially buried in locked void at Brisbane unit complex

Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said the cleaners, who were contracted to clean the area underneath the unit, discovered the body in a locked void area behind a brick wall.

"Examination of that area located an item that we, at this stage, have identified by preliminary examination as being human remains," he said.

Detective Superintendent Massingham said the body was tightly wrapped and covered in multiple layers of clothing and bedding and appeared to have been there for "some months".

Body found 'wrapped' and partially buried in locked void at Brisbane unit complex

Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said the cleaners, who were contracted to clean the area underneath the unit, discovered the body in a locked void area behind a brick wall.

"Examination of that area located an item that we, at this stage, have identified by preliminary examination as being human remains," he said.

Detective Superintendent Massingham said the body was tightly wrapped and covered in multiple layers of clothing and bedding and appeared to have been there for "some months".
what is a "void"? like a crawlspace or sub-basement?

what is a "void"? like a crawlspace or sub-basement?
Pretty much. It'd be a closed off area that isn't a 'finished' room, that possibly is locked up because it's access to utilities or pipes or something. Not a storage space for cleaning supplies or tools, not a place with a switchboard or a water meter because the body wouldn't have gone for months without being found if people were in there semi-regularly.

I got beaten to it. Was just going to post this.

I haven't read all the posts yet. Are they saying it's skeletal remains ?

Oh right, caught up now. Seems like it's recent.

I got beaten to it. Was just going to post this.

I haven't read all the posts yet. Are they saying it's skeletal remains ?

Oh right, caught up now. Seems like it's recent.
Yeah, and I suspect this is domestic violence related. It reminds me of a bunch of other cases I've read about over the years.

The question mark for me is - was the door kept locked at all times? If so, who had access to keys? Because if it's only a handful of people - building super? custodian? owner? caretaker? maintenance? - it could really narrow the field. If it was left unlocked with regularity, though, it could be a broad field.

Are all the people at the apartments accounted for? It would be silly to hide a body right where you live, but most of these criminals aren’t too clever I guess! Hopefully they get info soon, like who hasn’t seen their daughter or friend for a few months!

Are all the people at the apartments accounted for? It would be silly to hide a body right where you live, but most of these criminals aren’t too clever I guess! Hopefully they get info soon, like who hasn’t seen their daughter or friend for a few months!
It would be very silly, however, as you say, people who murder often seem to lack that profound insight and seem surprised when police check the washing machine, the basement, under their new patio, the crawl space, the car boot, etc. and, lo and behold, there's the body.

There are a few women who have been missing for months - I can’t see any info on whether any of them have been found

There are a few women who have been missing for months -

updated, I found further info on two so I've removed those links

to give an idea of distance from Alderley.
Koumala is 10+ hours, Southport about an hour.

Last edited:
I think whoever did this is going to have a connection to this building, even if it's just that they live or work close. I can't see someone driving even twenty minutes to dump a body at a random apartment building that they don't already know the layout for. It's not a public park or a waterway or bushland. It's a building in a suburban area with multiple residents.

So - a resident, former resident, partner of a resident, owner, maintenance worker, landscaper, meter reader, tradie, would be my best guesses for potentials.

I'd be looking close to the location for potential victim IDs, too.

I suspect, whoever she is, she hasn't been reported missing.

Simplest explanation would be someone who actually lived at the apartments, then moved away in the last few months. A couple, or someone who lived alone but had a partner who was round regularly. If it's that, I can't imagine it will take police long to track the culprit down.

If it's a few degrees away, like someone who visited the building for a job but didn't live there, or even live near, but thought of the location as a good dumping site, it's going to take longer.

MOO

I think whoever did this is going to have a connection to this building, even if it's just that they live or work close. I can't see someone driving even twenty minutes to dump a body at a random apartment building that they don't already know the layout for. It's not a public park or a waterway or bushland. It's a building in a suburban area with multiple residents.

So - a resident, former resident, partner of a resident, owner, maintenance worker, landscaper, meter reader, tradie, would be my best guesses for potentials.

Simplest explanation would be someone who actually lived at the apartments, then moved away in the last few months. A couple, or someone who lived alone but had a partner who was round regularly. If it's that, I can't imagine it will take police long to track the culprit down.

If it's a few degrees away, like someone who visited the building for a job but didn't live there, or even live near, but thought of the location as a good dumping site, it's going to take longer.

MOO
I agree, due to the location where it is and being a locked space it’s got to be someone who has links to the property in some way.

MOO
Agree with all of this, but worth also considering that there are lots of women who could have been booked to go there for any number of reasons too. Mobile beauty/massage, x workers, cleaners, etc and depending on residency status etc the person may not even exist in Australia!

Any missing women in the area?

“We currently have dozens of missing persons reports that we are going through that has already commenced at the Hendra station.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back