MS - Brandi Laurent, 29, Hancock County, 3 Aug 2007

Kelly, I will email you first thing in the morning in regards to this!!!

Digg it del.icio.us AIM
HUSBAND DECLARES INNOCENCE IN LAURENT HOMICIDE HUSBAND DECLARES HE IS INNOCENT

Sheriff sources, off the record, say he failed lie dectector

By J.R. WELSH
jrwelsh@sunherald.com

MOST-READ STORIES

BAY ST. LOUIS --

The husband of a Kiln woman found Saturday during a volunteer search in Hancock County told the Sun Herald he is innocent of wrongdoing in the death of his wife, Brandi Hawkins Laurent.

Laurent, a mother of two, was reported missing Aug. 3 from their home off Road 528 near Kiln by her husband, Leo Laurent. He told deputies she had been using drugs for several days and left their FEMA trailer on foot at midnight after the couple had argued.

Authorities have considered Leo Laurent a person of interest in the case for weeks. He has been questioned on a number of occasions by Sheriff's Investigator Rita Blaize-Watson and others, and has taken at least two polygraph exams.

Leo Laurent has posted on Internet sites that he passed both tests, which normally are not admissible as court evidence, "100 percent."

Off the record, Sheriff's Department sources have said he failed both tests.

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/186923.html

lol, Iwas just coming to post the same story. I hope LE handles this case well.

I am sure if she was on a 3 day bender as he claims they will find out in the autopsy but i won't be shocked when she comes back negative for drugs. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but I don't know anymore...
Anyone from that area would not take off on foot in the middle of the night. mIddle of nowhere pitch black and miles from a gas station or anything. The roads are busy and hard tosee at night so i just don't see anyone being crazy enough to walk those roads at night.

I have the Brandi is Missing page as a friend on myspace. The girl who runs it posted this earlier:

I just spoke to Ms. Anita and all things being said about Leo need stop immediately, per the police. Some things can interfere with an investigation in court. This is not something we thought up ourselves, but something that is required in a case that turns to a murder. We do not want to hinder the case for Brandi. Leo is nonexistant at this time and may Brandi forever live on our memory. I will be able to discuss more in the next few hours.

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

ETA: I'm pretty certain this request applies to those who are local, and may talk to media etc. I don't think us discussing the case here is what she meant.

Like I said I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, the husband and boyfriend are always the first to look at though as suspects.

I can't remember which one it was, but one of the links posted said he was being investigated for embezzlement too. I know it's kind of off-topic but I would be very upset if my hubby was embezzling money and yet we still lived in a FEMA trailer.

This morning's newspaper article

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/188635.html

Couple had troubled marriage

Leo Laurent has arrest record

By J.R. WELSH
jrwelsh@sunherald.com

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.sunherald.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); }
JAMES EDWARD BATES/SUN HERALD
Volunteers found a body believed to be the remains of Brandi Hawkins Laurent in a shallow grave off County Road 528 in rural Hancock County on Saturday. Laurent has been missing since Aug. 3.

MOST-READ STORIES

Brandi Hawkins Laurent, found murdered in a rural field last week, had lived through years of domestic turbulence with her husband, whose history includes arrests for domestic violence and embezzlement.

Leo Lucas Laurent, 30, of Hancock County, has been arrested but never convicted on at least three occasions, public records show. His latest arrest, for embezzlement, was on Aug. 6, two days after he reported his wife missing from their home near Kiln.

lol, once again CuriousJ-you are on topof this case. Thank you for posting the links. This new article doesn't paint Mr.Laurent in a very pretty light.

lol, once again CuriousJ-you are on topof this case. Thank you for posting the links. This new article doesn't paint Mr.Laurent in a very pretty light.

I live in Ocean Springs. I suppose you and 2Sisters live on the coast as well. I shouldn't say this but their are some rough people down here.

Yep, I live in South MS, not directly on the coast though, I live north of Hancock.

I live in Ocean Springs. I suppose you and 2Sisters live on the coast as well. I shouldn't say this but their are some rough people down here.
You are right, there are some rough folks down there, especiall in the Kiln.

Do you include Bret Favre in the Kiln mix?
Lol, i don't know too much about him except that he is from Kiln. but I have heard not real good stuff about him. People talk though and spread rumors so who knows?
I have heard he donated a lot of money and healped greatly after katrina, not that that gives a pass for bad behavior...

Curious-I live in OS too!! I'm not sure I have ever been to the Kiln. I prefer to stay in my own little world,lol. But yes, even around here there are some pretty wild people.

I'm pretty sure we have already posted a link to the Brandi Hawkins Laurent page but I want to repost it. There are a couple of tribute pictures on there with Texas Equusearch and they are so beautiful.
http://www.myspace.com/missingbrandi

Here is Saturday's article - November 17th

HUSBAND: DEPUTIES DRAGGING THEIR FEET

By RYAN LaFONTAINE
rlafontaine@sunherald.com

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.sunherald.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); }
JAMES EDWARD BATES/SUN HERALD
Leo Laurent describes how he believes his wife's neck may have been broken while being moved after her death during an interview with Ryan LaFontaine at the Sun Herald's bureau office in Bay St. Louis on Thursday. Laurent says that he is innocent in his wife Brandi Hawkins Laurent's death. Law enforcment officers classify him as a person of interest.

MOST-READ STORIES

HANCOCK COUNTY --

Leo Laurent said the Hancock County Sheriff's Department's lackluster investigation could let his wife's killer off the hook.

The body of his 29-year-old wife, Brandi, was found buried last week in a shallow grave about a mile from their home.

"I'm hoping these forensics and things come back and not too much time has passed and they can bring out some evidence to start getting some leads and maybe get on a case they should have been on months ago," Laurent said.

Investigators have listed Laurent as a "person of interest" in the case, but he insists he's not a suspect.

"See, because they keep putting 'person of interest' by my name, people are taking that as I'm a suspect. I'm not a suspect," he said.

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/190317.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back