IA IA - Daughter Alleges Father (Donald Studey) is Serial Killer - Searches Yielded No Evidence - Thurman

Why are some here so insistent there is no way any murders happened on this property? Despite cadaver dogs allegedly hitting and 2 violent deaths known to have happened, both very unusual ways of committing suicide?

I can't help but wonder why you are closed to the possibility of "maybe."

I get that Lucy's story changes but still.

Again I personally would like to read just "how" the well itself was searched. That seemed the one place most likely to actually yield something, if there was something. JMO.

Why are some here so insistent there is no way any murders happened on this property? Despite cadaver dogs allegedly hitting and 2 violent deaths known to have happened, both very unusual ways of committing suicide?

I can't help but wonder why you are closed to the possibility of "maybe."

I get that Lucy's story changes but still.

Again I personally would like to read just "how" the well itself was searched. That seemed the one place most likely to actually yield something, if there was something. JMO.
I don’t think anybody is insistent that “no way any murders happened on this property”. Maybe? That could apply to virtually anywhere, could it not? I may have walked through a dozen potential crime scenes just walking into work today. Or I may have walked through zero.

There was no evidence that a crime has occurred. There was no evidence in 2007 that a crime had occurred. Or in the decades before that, or ever.

I don’t think anybody is insistent that “no way any murders happened on this property”. Maybe? That could apply to virtually anywhere, could it not? I may have walked through a dozen potential crime scenes just walking into work today. Or I may have walked through zero.

There was no evidence that a crime has occurred. There was no evidence in 2007 that a crime had occurred. Or in the decades before that, or ever.

You stated you believe LE should actually bill her for the investigation. So you don't think she might be telling the truth. But I believe her numerous reports to LE over the years, together with the dogs signaling, are circumstantial evidence. Enough to require a thorough investigation.

MOO Some believe her reports, with no personal knowledge of any evidence, and this does not meet the standard of calling the father a "suspected serial killer". He is not named as a suspect or even a POI in any murder. If he was alive, MOO, there would be no posting calling him a suspected serial killer. The daughter has a sibling, and her memory should also be treated with respect and it is assumed she is being truthful.

MOO Some believe her reports, with no personal knowledge of any evidence, and this does not meet the standard of calling the father a "suspected serial killer". He is not named as a suspect or even a POI in any murder. If he was alive, MOO, there would be no posting calling him a suspected serial killer. The daughter has a sibling, and her memory should also be treated with respect and it is assumed she is being truthful.
Well said and I agree. This thread should be closed until LE has some kind of proof or reopens the case. Mr. Studey is not here to defend himself. IMO.

While I don't want this to end up the same way as Denise Huskins, maybe the woman needs psychological help. It seems as if her father was a nasty piece of work, even if he wasn't a serial killer. Unless she tricked her brain into creating false memories of him being horrible.

While I don't want this to end up the same way as Denise Huskins, maybe the woman needs psychological help. It seems as if her father was a nasty piece of work, even if he wasn't a serial killer. Unless she tricked her brain into creating false memories of him being horrible.
Since I was a small child I have been scared of dogs. My parents were visiting people with dogs so they put me in a separate room to nap on a bed. I recall a giraffe putting his head in the window and licking my face. I was terrified crying. I vividly recall my mother seeking safety on top of a car and my father chasing the giraffe down the street. It had run away from the zoo.

Now my parents have always told me it was a Great Dane and not a giraffe and as an adult I realistically know it is not a giraffe but my memory will always see that giraffe.

Now I am not saying this is same as having memories of murders and bodies but just a memory of a young frightened child and now adult. MOO.

You stated you believe LE should actually bill her for the investigation. So you don't think she might be telling the truth. But I believe her numerous reports to LE over the years, together with the dogs signaling, are circumstantial evidence. Enough to require a thorough investigation.
She also said they were investigating the wrong place. As I understood it, there were two wells and she said they were at the wrong one. It isn't unusual for rural properties to have more than one well over the years. An uncle of mine dug numerous wells on our family farm while looking for another source of water besides the house well. The police even commented that the well was on someone else's property.

I don't think she should have to pay for this. Mental health issues are going on here, imo, and she never asked for those.
...she wrote on the site, "To all the law enforcement agencies, GO F--K YOURSELF. Especially the Iowa DCI and Mitch Mortvedt. You'll have one more dead body in the morning. Mine." Mortvedt is the DCI spokesman.

On Wednesday, in the statement she shared with Newsweek, she wrote: "It only took an attempted suicide by me on December 11, 2022 and a note posted on Facebook blaming them for my death in order for the FBI and Iowa DCI to finally contact me."
sbm from Daughter says authorities botched search at potential Iowa mass graves site

What can be used here, if the info that cadaver dogs hit upon scents. This means either: 1. there are bodies, they were not uncovered or 2. this case shows cadaver dogs do not always hit correctly on human remains, which can be brought up when sleuthing other cases. Point #2 is important because so many people take cadaverdog hitting upon a scent as definitive proof of a decedant.

What can be used here, if the info that cadaver dogs hit upon scents. This means either: 1. there are bodies, they were not uncovered or 2. this case shows cadaver dogs do not always hit correctly on human remains, which can be brought up when sleuthing other cases. Point #2 is important because so many people take cadaverdog hitting upon a scent as definitive proof of a decedant.
bbm
I read about other (organic) things than human remains that can cause a dog to hit... also, there's this from Samaritan Detection Dogs' website. I don't know how much land they searched but it wouldn't be odd if there are human remains lying around.
Our canines are trained to recognize the full spectrum of human decomposition odor; from a few hours ago, or days ago, to a few decades ago, to abandoned pioneer graves in the mid-1800's, to native-American burial mounds which may be hundreds or thousands of years old.
Samaritan Detection Dogs - Archaeology

ADMIN NOTE:

Members may not post inside information without being Verified. Posts containing inside info will be removed pending approval as a Verified member.

For an explanation of why Websleuths has this policy and how to apply for Verification, please read:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back