ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's only outdated if it's been overturned, and that doesn't appear to be the case. however, I do know that emojis are now being considered by state supreme courts, so potentially, they could fine tune this one imo.
Of course, civil liability is a whole other can of worms. I'd advise everyone to just play nice, but... well, you know.

I live in MST, it's still dark here at 4 am for me too.
I wonder if perp threw the knife in a sewer or storm drain, while walking away on foot. I would be very surprised if the weapon is found.

Are we even sure if the car has anything to do with the crime or this is just a desperate hail mary by the police to find someone who may have been around the area at the time? I don't know, I'm feeling pessimistic.
Reading the Events…

Why would Police think someone that drove by departed for Canada?

The fact they don’t think it’ll be at the local supermarket, and have moved out a distance indicates to me they think it’s likely he may have fled.

Everybody has an opinion, I think that Car will lead to the Perp, if they can get the tag.

One of the puzzling parts of this case is that 4 people were killed, and we don't know if any or all were targeted. Further, we don't know the order of the killings. (LE very likely knows from the blood evidence)

In terms of motive, perhaps it was simply attempted rape gone wrong. It's plausible. Perhaps he knew K and M had the upstairs rooms and planned to sexually assault one of them. A knife is terrifying, good for getting compliance with his goal, and quiet if he has to use it. Surprise, they're both in one bed.

He panics as they scream and silences them. K fights back more and enrages him, so her wounds are worse. As he comes down the stairs, X or E confront him and run back to their room. He chases them and kills them. Or... he comes downstairs frustrated and intent on satisfying his sexual urges and starts checking doors for one of the other young women who live there. Surprise again, two more people in one bed.

The advantage of this theory is it provides a reasonable motive. It's probably hard to imagine that after killing two people he could still be intent on rape, but a psychopath might do just that, and be largely unfazed by the killings. Coming down the stairs he might have thought, "That wasn't what I wanted, but I'm not leaving without getting what I came here for."

This isn't my preferred theory, but it's worth considering.
That's a very believable theory. It may help to reconcile the apparent differences in his profile.
The careful pre-planning and surveillance would indicate a controlled, organized, purpose-driven killer.
OTOH, the incredibly messy scene left behind points to a psychotic, rage-filled disorganized perpetrator.
Being surprised by finding the two girls in one room, in one bed, threw his plans off drastically. Then he just went wild. He does not like surprises.

Reading the Events…

Why would Police think someone that drove by departed for Canada?

The fact they don’t think it’ll be at the local supermarket, and have moved out a distance indicates to me they think it’s likely he may have fled.

Everybody has an opinion, I think that Car will lead to the Perp, if they can get the tag.
i dont think that means much.. Anytime you are looking for a vehicle related to a crime and the state shares a border with another country then that border will be on alert. In this case a very small border, roughly 50 miles or so

I wonder if perp threw the knife in a sewer or storm drain, while walking away on foot. I would be very surprised if the weapon is found.
Or in a body of water...lake, river, pond, creek. There must be many water features in that Botanical Garden.

Though most here think he was too attached to that knife to dispose of it.

The knife is the ultimate trophy.

I wasn't going to respond b/c I didn't think we could talk about this, but I had a quick look and that's my target time, too. I think anything past 4 is too risky - people start moving around to go to service jobs, so had to start earlier and looking at the chart, 3:30 hits the sweet spots imo.
And, there was a HVAC truck called in by LE ?

Because the police are asking about the white car, it doesn't mean it is not define able. It means they want an opportunity to sort out those with information that will rule them out and narrow down those with the particular car and probable cause.

I think by indicating that the occupants may have critical information, tells me that they believe this is the killer. Also the car being apparently unfindable (if it has not been located), tells me this crime was very well planned. MOO

Or in a body of water...lake, river, pond, creek. There must be many water features in that Botanical Garden.

Though most here think he was too attached to that knife to dispose of it.

The knife is the ultimate trophy.
Thanks

OK, I have no hope of catching up with the thread and the news about the white car. Would someone be willing to give me the 3 second update as to what we actually know and what we don't know?
TIA.
In post #1 of every thread there is a link to the MEDIA THREAD/NO DISCUSSION thread. It contains all of the most recent media articles about this case.

JMO

Articles mentioning that Ethan was found on the floor:

^This one is daily mail, but it appears to be a copy of an article published elsewhere. It's the first mention on our media thread (it's on page 2) of Ethan being on the floor. Next the coroner will say the same thing.

Later, the coroner will clarify that all four were "in bed": (page 8 of our media thread):

Meanwhile, other sources picked up the DM original story.

So, that's how I was misled into thinking that Ethan was found on the floor - that and the alleged blood stains dripping from that room onto the foundation (it is hard to believe that much blood would be left over after soaking into the mattress...)
IMO E could have fallen off the bed

unless
The Car was recently purchased and remains unregistered.
The Car has been re-painted. (VIN's show original manufactured colour)
The Car was stolen.
The Car was rented.
The Cas was borrowed.
The Plates have been swapped/stolen.
The Car could have been purchased or registered anywhere in North America - plenty of reasons why The Police are seeking the Publics assistance.
the car is 2011- 2014 is it? If it was recently purchased, Then the previous owner would be listed.

I don’t think anyone rents cars of that age. There used to be rent a wreck. So a rental is not wondering about blood stains? I suppose he could have a haz mat suit but where would he remove it? I would I imagine not in the house because he could leave a trace of something.

If thé car is stolen , then there probably is a report

yes, thé registering it anywhere is a stop gap so that is where the public can come in to report a car with an out of state license plate .
I don’t think anyone would spend the money to repaint a car. And if they did, I can’t imagine painting it white as that is a hard color to get coverage over another color.

Last edited:
the car is 2011- 2014 is it? If it was recently purchased, Then the previous owner would be listed.

I don’t think anyone rents cars of that age. There used to be rent a wreck. So a rental is not wondering about blood stains? I suppose he could have a haz mat suit but where would he remove it? I would I imagine not in the house because he could leave a trace of something.

If thé car is stolen , then there probably is a report

yes, thé registering it anywhere is a stop gap so that is where the public can come in to report a car with an out of state license plate .
I do Ted think anyone would spend the money to repaint a car. And if they did, I can’t imagine painting it white as that is a hard color to get coverage over another color.
2011-2013

You risk bringing suspicion by painting that car. It’s possible the driver doesn’t have the money to have it painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998