FL FL - Altamonte Springs, WhtFem 67UFFL, 15-23, 'Ginger', may be from MI, Aug'73

So far, Rose Ann Hockenson remains a very good match for "Ginger" Altamonte Springs Jane Doe.
Rose Ann Hockenson thread:

I have reviewed the thread and don’t see where Rosemary Buck has been mentioned as a possible candidate for this Jane Doe.

PMI for UID is 1-12 months and Rosemary‘s DLC was 8/11/73. This is only 12 days until discovery. However, this is FL in the heat of the summer and decomposition can be accelerated.

UID recon looks a lot like Rosemary and she may have left with someone on their motorcycle which is aligned with the circumstances of our unidentified. She was last seen on the back of a motorcycle.

Possible?

Buck was last seen in Syracuse, New York on August 11, 1973. She was hitchhiking at the corner of Sixth North Street and Wolf Street at noon, and may have ridden away on the back of someone's motorcycle. She lived in the 1100 block of Wolf Street.

Buck frequented the now-defunct Yellow Balloon Bar on Thompson Road near Erie Boulevard east in 1973. She frequently traveled to attend rock concerts, and she told friends she planned to go to Boston, Massachusetts to meet an unknown male friend.

1665523874738.jpeg1665524931869.jpeg
1665524957259.jpeg

I have reviewed the thread and don’t see where Rosemary Buck has been mentioned as a possible candidate for this Jane Doe.

PMI for UID is 1-12 months and Rosemary‘s DLC was 8/11/73. This is only 12 days until discovery. However, this is FL in the heat of the summer and decomposition can be accelerated.

UID recon looks a lot like Rosemary and she may have left with someone on their motorcycle which is aligned with the circumstances of our unidentified. She was last seen on the back of a motorcycle.

Possible?

Buck was last seen in Syracuse, New York on August 11, 1973. She was hitchhiking at the corner of Sixth North Street and Wolf Street at noon, and may have ridden away on the back of someone's motorcycle. She lived in the 1100 block of Wolf Street.

Buck frequented the now-defunct Yellow Balloon Bar on Thompson Road near Erie Boulevard east in 1973. She frequently traveled to attend rock concerts, and she told friends she planned to go to Boston, Massachusetts to meet an unknown male friend.

View attachment 372540View attachment 372545
View attachment 372546

There is a resemblance.

The timeline feels a bit tight to me, BUT it is possible, as you pointed out. With a case the long/cold I would personally go ahead and submit. There is nothing to lose.

Here is another photo of Rosemary for comparison, It was taken from her case thread in the Missing But Not Forgotten section of Websleuths:

Rosemary3.jpg
1665524931869.jpeg

Rosemary Hamilton Buck (left) and composite drawing of Altamonte Springs Jane Doe (right)
Age 20. Missing since 11 August 1973

Here is another photo of Rosemary for comparison, It was taken from her case thread in the Missing But Not Forgotten section of Websleuths:

Rosemary3.jpg
1665524931869.jpeg

Rosemary Hamilton Buck (left) and composite drawing of Altamonte Springs Jane Doe (right)
Age 20. Missing since 11 August 1973
The likeness is stronger here. Let us know how it goes @Caring1

Information about the ring found with the bodies

67UFFL7_ring.jpg
Doe Network Case # 67UFFL

namus ring.jpg
NamUs Case #UP1341

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(21).png
Clipped from The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 5

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(22).png
Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(23).png
Clipped from The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 154

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(24).png
Clipped from News-Press, Fort Myers, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 21

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(25).png
Clipped from, The Tampa Tribune, Tampa, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 25

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(26).png
Clipped from Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, Florida, 25 Aug 1973, Sat • Page 8

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(27).png
Clipped from, Florida Today, Cocoa, Florida, 26 Aug 1973, Sun • Page 18A

Laura Lynn Harberts and another unknown murder victim found in woods(20).png
Clipped from The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida, 10 Sep 1973, Mon • Page 24

According to the old newspapers articles the Ring was described as being:-

- 10 carot white gold -
- Set with diamonds surrounding a larger alexandrite stone -
- The word "DASON" inscribed on the gold band (which is the manufactures trademark of Davisson & Son) -

- Multiple old newspaper articles describe the ring as having a Green BirthstoneNPA ring_.png

I wonder why NamUs shows a different color birthstone in it's image?namus ring.jpg

Information about the ring found with the bodies

View attachment 386614
Doe Network Case # 67UFFL

View attachment 386619
NamUs Case #UP1341

View attachment 386596
Clipped from The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 5

View attachment 386597
View attachment 386598
Clipped from The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 154

View attachment 386599
Clipped from News-Press, Fort Myers, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 21

View attachment 386600
Clipped from, The Tampa Tribune, Tampa, Florida, 24 Aug 1973, Fri • Page 25

View attachment 386603
Clipped from Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, Florida, 25 Aug 1973, Sat • Page 8

View attachment 386604
Clipped from, Florida Today, Cocoa, Florida, 26 Aug 1973, Sun • Page 18A

View attachment 386590
Clipped from The Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, Florida, 10 Sep 1973, Mon • Page 24

According to the old newspapers articles the Ring was described as being:-

- 10 carot white gold -
- Set with diamonds surrounding a larger alexandrite stone -
- The word "DASON" inscribed on the gold band (which is the manufactures trademark of Davisson & Son) -

- Multiple old newspaper articles describe the ring as having a Green BirthstoneView attachment 386640

I wonder why NamUs shows a different color birthstone in it's image?View attachment 386633
Maybe it was dirty (looking green) and they cleaned it up.

Back in 2015 there was a short discussion between @Sleuthster and @carbuff about Megan Emerick as a possibility for this Jand Doe.

Do either of you know if she was ever submitted? I really believe she is a good candidate. She is not listed as being ruled out.

1670762924774.jpeg

1670762892666.jpeg1670762905222.jpeg

Back in 2015 there was a short discussion between @Sleuthster and @carbuff about Megan Emerick as a possibility for this Jand Doe.

Do either of you know if she was ever submitted? I really believe she is a good candidate. She is not listed as being ruled out.

View attachment 386684

View attachment 386682View attachment 386683
Here is Megan Emerick's thread:

Maybe it was dirty (looking green) and they cleaned it up.
According to an old newspaper article and the Doe Network Case # 67UFFL the ring had a large alexandrite stone (a birthstone for June apparently).

From what I could research the Alexandrite is a chrysoberyl gemstone called the “chameleon stone,” because of its color-changing quality known as "The Alexandrite Effect" and it's rareness. So the color could vary between Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple, and Grey depending on the light source.

According to an old newspaper article and the Doe Network Case # 67UFFL the ring had a large alexandrite stone (a birthstone for June apparently).

From what I could research the Alexandrite is a chrysoberyl gemstone called the “chameleon stone,” because of its color-changing quality known as "The Alexandrite Effect" and it's rareness. So the color could vary between Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple, and Grey depending on the light source.
Alexandrite is one of the birth stones for June.

Dumped Bodies Dates Differ - Newspaper Article Florida Today 26 Aug 1973, Sun • Page 18A

On Aug 22nd, 1973 Laura Lynn Harberts remains were descovered in the same dumping spot as 'Ginger' doe's scattered skeletal remains. Laura went missing Aug 5th, 1973. An autopsy concluded Laura had been dead about 2-weeks before her discovery and so died about the same day she went missing.

Where as a medical examiner at the time determined 'Ginger' doe's body had been dumped there 6-8 months before Laura's body. So between Dec 1972 and Feb 1973.

Last edited:
Alexandrite is one of the birth stones for June.
Yes, and i have just discovered the birth month of Laura Harberts, whose remains were found with 'Ginger' doe is June.

Laura Lynn Harberts: Birth date Jun 25, 1955. see link Ancestry

I wonder if the ring actually did belonged to Laura Lynn Harberts, but her family or friends just didn't recognise it at the time.

Or is it just a sheer coincidence. Maybe 'Ginger' doe's birth month is also June if it's her ring.

Last edited:
@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back