NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1671201300428.png

Cornelius Police Facebook:

PRESS RELEASE - Cornelius Police Seek Assistance Locating Missing Juvenile

On December 15, 2022, at approximately 1:12 p.m., the Cornelius Police Department began investigating a missing person’s report involving a juvenile. The parents of the juvenile reported the juvenile missing to the Bailey Middle School SRO where the juvenile attends school. The juvenile was last seen at home, on the evening of November 23, 2022, and has not been seen since.

This is an active investigation, and the police department is asking the public for any information they may have on the whereabouts of Madalina Cojocari. She is an 11-year-old white female. She weighs approximately 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans, pink, purple and white Adidas shoes, and a white t-shirt and jacket.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Madalina Cojocari is asked to please contact the Cornelius Police Department at 704-892-7773 or the North Mecklenburg Crimestoppers at 704-896-7867. You can remain anonymous.

And here we go again. The parents waited 24 days to report her missing, when they do, they report to the school officer and not the police station. Why go to the school when she was last seen at home? Why aren't they giving the area/address of where she was last seen? She went missing the day before Thanksgiving and now reporting her missing to a school who goes on winter break 12/20. My head is spinning and hinky meter is up! IMO

And here we go again. The parents waited 24 days to report her missing, when they do, they report to the school officer and not the police station. Why go to the school when she was last seen at home? Why aren't they giving the area/address of where she was last seen? She went missing the day before Thanksgiving and now reporting her missing to a school who goes on winter break 12/20. My head is spinning and hinky meter is up! IMO
@swanniee11 , it's unbelievable, isn't it. Mind boggling. My hinky meter is in synch with yours unfortunately. JMO MOO edited for spelling

I am hoping we don't have all the information. Like parents were traveling/out of country/on business trip and she was in the care of family or friends. When they got back and she was no where to be found they went to the school to see if she was still in attendance while they were away and that's why the school is the first to hear of her missing? Or maybe parents don't speak English and they have been searching this whole time and the school was somewhere they knew that had a translator? Per Google the last Cojocari is a Romanian/Moldovan surname.

I'm hoping these are the circumstances or something like it as why she wasnt reported immediately!

I am hoping we don't have all the information. Like parents were traveling/out of country/on business trip and she was in the care of family or friends. When they got back and she was no where to be found they went to the school to see if she was still in attendance while they were away and that's why the school is the first to hear of her missing? Or maybe parents don't speak English and they have been searching this whole time and the school was somewhere they knew that had a translator? Per Google the last Cojocari is a Romanian/Moldovan surname.

I'm hoping these are the circumstances or something like it as why she wasnt reported immediately!
I am too, I thought of the possible language issue but still that long to get someone's attention regarding a missing child is unacceptable. IMO

I cannot even begin to understand why a parent would wait over 3 weeks to report their child missing.

Actually, I suppose that I can. The only reasons that seem probable are nefarious, so I have to stop there.

Is there any more information available?

JMO

What the what??

Police said they began investigating after the parents of Madalina Cojocari reported her missing to a school research officer at Bailey Middle School on Dec. 15.

Cojocari was last seen at her home on the evening of Nov. 23, according to police.

An 11-year-old Bailey Middle School student in Cornelius has been missing since late November. On Dec. 15, police announced it would open an investigation into her whereabouts.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article270099932.html#storylink=cpy

I would hope LE is investigating this disappearance! She's 11 for goodness sakes! Something isn't right IMO.

The FBI announced it is helping the Cornelius Police Department with its search for an 11-year-old girl.

I'm glad, they are going to need all hands on deck for this poor child. IMO

Another 11 year old child. SMH. What is the language barrier or cultural difference? I don't understand. She has been missing for three weeks. Does LE think she is another country with a family member? At least this time there is a missing person FBI report.

Could the family be Roma (Romani)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member