Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

I stumbled upon an interesting show recently and I came here expecting to find a discussion since there's an episode about Travis's house. It's called Murder House Flip and season 2 episode 1 totally guts the bathroom and bedroom. It looks totally different now. Did anyone else see it?

I stumbled upon an interesting show recently and I came here expecting to find a discussion since there's an episode about Travis's house. It's called Murder House Flip and season 2 episode 1 totally guts the bathroom and bedroom. It looks totally different now. Did anyone else see it?

I've watched the 1st season...didn't know the 2nd season had started.

I will definitely check it out! Thanks.

I've watched the 1st season...didn't know the 2nd season had started.

I will definitely check it out! Thanks.
Well, I watched it. It was pretty creepy how they found some residue left behind....(that's all I'm sayin')

But, the remodel came out fantastic. What a difference. I loved the wall she made for behind the bed.
I'm glad that this couple can now rest a little easier.

Wow, that was really worth a watch. Can't believe there was still blood and the smell of death under the carpet and tile.

New movie coming to Lifetime January 21, 2023.

Bad Behind Bars: Jodi Arias

Starring Celina Sinden

When? Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 8p/7c

What’s It About? In this follow-up to one of Lifetime’s most successful true crime movies, Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret, we will see a whole new side of the infamous murderess and the story that has captivated the world for nearly a decade. Celina Sinden stars in the new movie, Bad Behind Bars: Jodi Arias as Jodi, who has just been arrested and sent to prison while she awaits trial for murdering her boyfriend, Travis Alexander.

Starring Celina Sinden

What’s It About? In this follow-up to one of Lifetime’s most successful true crime movies, Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret, we will see a whole new side of the infamous murderess and the story that has captivated the world for nearly a decade. Celina Sinden stars in the new movie, Bad Behind Bars: Jodi Arias as Jodi, who has just been arrested and sent to prison while she awaits trial for murdering her boyfriend, Travis Alexander.

I would love to see what she looks like now. I'm sure they won't show that though.

Starring Celina Sinden

From Rotten Tomatoes: Jodi Arias befriends Donavan Bering and Tracy Brown in prison, and they became inseparable. Donavan is released from prison before Jodi's trial and becomes her mouthpiece, posting on social media and defending Jodi. When the details of the case and Jodi's story no longer add up, Donavan refuses to continue her work, bringing out Jodi's vengeful side. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

From Rotten Tomatoes: Jodi Arias befriends Donavan Bering and Tracy Brown in prison, and they became inseparable. Donavan is released from prison before Jodi's trial and becomes her mouthpiece, posting on social media and defending Jodi. When the details of the case and Jodi's story no longer add up, Donavan refuses to continue her work, bringing out Jodi's vengeful side. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
The heck is this garbage lolol? Good grief

Tonight (Saturday) on Lifetime:

8:00 - 10:03p
Celina Sinden Tricia Black Lynn Rafferty
(2023)Jodi Arias befriends Donavan Bering and Tracy Brown in prison, but they gradually realize that Jodi is a remorseless manipulator willing to do anything to escape conviction.

Tonight (Saturday) on Lifetime:

8:00 - 10:03p
Celina Sinden Tricia Black Lynn Rafferty
(2023)Jodi Arias befriends Donavan Bering and Tracy Brown in prison, but they gradually realize that Jodi is a remorseless manipulator willing to do anything to escape conviction.
I mean....yeah LOL

Maybe it interesting for Jodi watchers.
As we speak Jodi is challenging her last Hail Mary Post Appeal PCR knap.png
It means as you can see in the tabel she going to trial again. Nobody is talking about it but i can be that she gets a lesser sentence
What does PCR stand for in law?
 PCR = Post-Conviction Relief: ◦ Definition: Legal maneuvers in state and federal criminal courts to vacate, appeal, or mitigate a criminal conviction. ◦ Examples:  Direct Appeal (timely filing of notice)  Late Notice of Appeal (motion required)

She has also requested a Knapp Lawyer, what is strange because she makes a lot of money. The Knapp law is granted for people with no money or very little.

She has now 2 lawyers. The irony is that one named...Stravis

knap1.png

Did not know "where" to post this - I guess this thread is as good as any! :)

Monday, March 25th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am ADT) – AZ – Travis Victor Alexander (30) (June 4, 2008, Mesa, found June 9, 2008, shot & stabbed 27 times) - *Jodie Ann Arias (28/now 43) indicted (7/9/08), arrested & charged (7/15/08) & arraigned (9/11/08) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DP seeks DP.
Trial started 1/2/13: Found guilty. 11-1 for Death, retrial sentencing. Sentenced to life without parole.
Court of Appeals will hear oral arguments on 10/17/19. At the oral argument, the Court will not be hearing new evidence, no witnesses will testify, and the appellant will not be present. The Court’s role is to review the record, procedures and decisions from the trial court.

10/11/19 Update: NBC news & ABC15 (AZ local) have both requested permission to broadcast live as well as to record. CNN headline news has sought (unspecific) access to either broadcast, record, or both. The Arizona Republic wants permission to take & publish still photographs. To date, only one objection has been filed: by the State, to NBC's request to livestream. Campbell ultimately decided to hold a hearing: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019 at 10am to hear arguments on each/all media requests.
10/15/19 Update: Judge denied Arias request & will allow media to have 1 video camera & 1 still camera for Thursday's hearing (10/17/19). 10/17/19 Update: COA hearing held. See pages 16 & 17 for information on hearing:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...beyond-ja-general-discussion-9.380384/page-16
No decision for a while.

1/14/20 Update: The judge presiding over the disciplinary hearing of Juan Martinez, widely known as the prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case, has denied the media permission to livestream or record the proceedings. In an order dated Jan. 7, Disciplinary Judge William J. O’Neil wrote that testimony is “expected to be ‘highly sensitive and very private,’ with ‘intimate descriptions of persons’ physical anatomies and sexual proclivities,’ in addition to testimony about medical conditions.” O’Neil reasoned that there is a “likelihood of harm” in allowing video recording or streaming of witness testimony of this nature. “The Media are granted limited access to the proceeding: no recording devices or live or video recording or filming of the proceeding shall be permitted, but the Media may attend the unsealed portions of the hearing and may take notes and still photography, but not of any witnesses,” O’Neil ordered.
3/24/20 Update: Appeal denied.
4/13/20 Update: A Motion for Extension of Time" (Appellant Arias) having been filed on 4/10/20. It is ordered granting a first extension of time to file the petition for review on or before 5/26/20. No further extensions of time shall be granted absent extraordinary circumstances. This matter is subject to dismissal if the petition for review is not filed by 5/26/20.
11/4/20 Update: The Arizona Supreme Court has declined to review Arias' murder conviction in the 2008 killing of her former boyfriend. The State's highest court on Tuesday denied Arias' request for review without providing an explanation for the decision.
3/11/21: Motion to extend time for filing petition for post-conviction relief. 3/12/21: Arias has filed a PCR. She skirted by the submittal time frame which is 90 days after an appeal is ruled on. She did so by using sections of Rule 32 which allows late submittals if new evidence is to be submitted.
7/13/21: JA’s attorneys filed her brief for PCR on 7/13/21. If her brief gets rejected, she is done with state paid appeals. She’ll have to dip into that Appellate fund big time. 9/27/21: A Notice of PCR has been filed, but the PCR itself has not been filed. Her PCR attorneys got extensions just to file the notice; reason: the voluminous amount of transcripts, etc. getting copies of transcripts, unsealing transcripts - the usual from this case. There was a recent Status conference regarding the PCR. The civil case against the Nurmi's was dismissed by Arias a few months before she filed her Notice of PCR. Judge J.S. Stephens is retiring soon, she will not be reviewing the PCR, but another DP judge will.
9/19/23 Update: Permitting defense counsel to provide Knapp counsel with copy of defendant's case file. 9/21/23: Motion: Order signed. 10/6/23 Update: Motion for status conference. Motion: Order entered by Court.
1/19/24 Update: Motion to allow defense counsel to provide Knapp counsel with copies of sealed disciplinary materials. 1/22/24 Update: Motion: Order entered by Court. 1/22/24 Update: Motion for pretrial conference. 1/31/24 Update: Motion Order signed. A status hearing on 1/17/24.
1/31/24 Update: Next status conference hearing on 3/25/24 @ 8:30am.

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
3/13/2024 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 3/13/2024
NOTE: REDACTED SEALED TRANSCRIPT/REPORTER'S PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT OF PROCEEDINGS BEFORE THE HONORABLE SHEERY K. STEPHENS, JUDGE ON 05/13/2013

3/6/2024 022 - ME: Order Signed - Party (001) 3/6/2024

3/4/2024 ORD - Order - Party (001) 3/14/2024
NOTE: UNSEALING TRANSCRIPT

3/4/2024 ORD - Order - Party (001) 3/14/2024
NOTE: Unsealing Transcript

2/16/2024 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 2/21/2024
NOTE: MOTION TO UNSEAL TRANSCRIPTION

1/31/2024 022 - ME: Order Signed - Party (001) 1/31/2024

1/29/2024 ORD - Order - Party (001) 2/26/2024
NOTE: ALLOWING DEFENSE COUNSEL TO PROVIDE KNAPP COUNSEL WITH COPIES OF SEALED DISCIPLINARY MATERIALS

Case Calendar
Date Time Event
3/25/2024 8:30 Status Conference

5/13/2024 8:30 Status Conference

link: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back