ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the city wants to purchase the home to tear it down, then I assume they would have to purchase it from the owner at fair market value - if the owner agreed to sell it. Also, the residents of the city would have to have input regarding their taxes and if that is how they want the city council to spend their tax dollars. I suspect the residents would be willing to add this to the city budget if it didn't involve a significant increase in taxes.

JMO.
I just don't see the city doing this. First, you would turn a property that generates property tax into a park that generates no property tax. It would require city upkeep. The City would have to purchase at fair market value from the owner, who likely doesn't want to sell. The city can't force the owner to sell. And who is going to go to the park anyway?

If the city wants to purchase the home to tear it down, then I assume they would have to purchase it from the owner at fair market value - if the owner agreed to sell it. Also, the residents of the city would have to have input regarding their taxes and if that is how they want the city council to spend their tax dollars. I suspect the residents would be willing to add this to the city budget if it didn't involve a significant increase in taxes.

JMO.
I just don't see the city doing this. First, you would turn a property that generates property tax into a park that generates no property tax. It would require city upkeep. The City would have to purchase at fair market value from the owner, who likely doesn't want to sell. The city can't force the owner to sell. And who is going to go to the park anyway?
I believe the person of interest is a fellow student that very way have been shunned or in some way belittled or thought hey/they were belittled by Kaylee or Madison. In all murders of passion or revenge the target is always stabbed the worst and often in the face and sometimes after the attack if the faces are covered, with a blankeg, pillow or something, it’s because they know the person. I said, before it came out, I wanted to know who was attacked the worst, because then I would know the target. So, now everyone knows the target was Kaylee. I would person be reviewing the last several weeks of surveillance from on campus, their neighbors cameras, all police body cameras within all areas Kaylee went, gas stations she frequently went to, banks etc etc to view any consistent POI, I am shocked that their is no footage from Ring Doorbell Cameras, since most have them, I’d also view the food truck cameras for the last several months too. Not too long ago, contact dna hit the scenes, and if they have that, they could easily cross reference that through a genealogy site, since currently it seems to be legal. That coincided with POI could deem a break through on the case.
We don't know that the target was Kaylee at all. Her father said her injuries were different than MM's. But that is really all we know. I think it is certainly possible her and/or MM were the targets, but we don't know that. Lets not confuse speculation for known facts.

I am cautiously optimistic that this is the press conference we have all been waiting for, with at least a major break, if not an arrest. I initially believed this was probably just an update on the investigation, accompanied by words intended to put soon-to-be-returning students, and their parents, at ease, but there seems to be a bit more excitement and anticipation surrounding this announcement. I had thought we would have an arrest before Christmas, but if they have found the killer, I will gladly accept being wrong by a few days!

Well, like I stated, I imagine money could very easily be raised for that, and sometimes certain organizations have been known to step in and help with that.
Raising money to have the house torn down is one thing. Replacing that income for someone is another thing entirely. This is the last thing I'm going to say about it, but I find it a bit odd that anyone feels they have the right to state what "ought" to happen to someone else's property and/or finances, regardless of circumstances. JMO and nothing more :)

We don't know that the target was Kaylee at all. Her father said her injuries were different than MM's. But that is really all we know. I think it is certainly possible her and/or MM were the targets, but we don't know that. Lets not confuse speculation for known facts.
I agree with you, with the little items to go by, that’s my theory. Coincidence that Kaylee came back for a short visit and was murdered? Hmm tip of the ice berg there. I seen Madison berating a guy at the food truck. It seems to me that they may have done this before and created many enemies, but one enemy/ enemies that they created were lunatics. I personally find it hard to believe only one did this It seems like 2+ conspired and upon Kaylees visit back, their plan was put in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member