ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"His DNA matched material at the scene."

This is not a surprise at all. Given how frenzied this attack seemed to be it was almost verging on impossible for him to leave no trace of himself behind. DNA is always a good thing!

I love that we get our first bit of hard news in this story and the thread can’t stop posting fully speculative theories about leaving clues on purpose and his relation to the girls.

We will know more very soon. No need to make stuff up, y’all.

And before someone goes out of their way to say he must be a genius because he was a PHD student, anyone who spends anytime in graduate education knows just how dumb book smart people can be. I have a Masters and I’m an idiot.
Unfortunately, IMO, we will not hear any "hard news" for months. Not until this P.O.S pleads to avoid the needle.

I think he has been on their suspect list for some time. The key is the white Elantra. I’m sure LE put a database together of social media followers of victims. Then once the white car clue arrives they put together a database of Elantra owners or Elantra drivers in the area that had car service. Then they compare the social media and car databases and anyone on both lists is on LE’s suspect list. Finally some dna evidence is found so LE sneaks some dna evidence from people on their suspect list. LE then has their prime suspect with a dna match
I'm not sure he was active on SM. Reddit, yes, for "research" purposes. But I think we'll find that some identifying mark of the vehicle was captured on camera and LE followed that thread vigorously. Unclear if the identifying mark was a partial license plate, the state that issued the license plate, or something else.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39
I doubt this guy was in any DNA database, so it seems the late development with the car is what turned it around. If this guy had been a suspect early on, the police would not have gone public about the car?

He was a school security guard, requires fingerprints send to PA State Police. If FBI had any hint on the license plate of the car, as PA, they may have searched the PSP data base.

State police collect finger prints for a large number of professions. Some states are working to roll into a master/common working file.

Must file a petition with the following attachments:

• Passport photos (2)
  • Letters from character witnesses pointing out your good moral character
  • Certified proof of criminal background check
  • Fingerprint card with fee (this card must be submitted to the County Clerk’s office with a money order that will be mailed to the Pennsylvania State police)

Last edited:
On Thread #19 I stated "IMO - I get strong Jayme Closs vibes from this case. I truly feel like it’s an unknown assailant who staked out a crime of opportunity and likely knew just enough to move swiftly. Again, just my opinion."

I walked back from that and insinuated, incorrectly, that it was the driver or ex in previous posts. Now that we've circled all the way back around...I don't think the perp knew anything about the house. I think this was 100% a crime of opportunity. Where the Closs crime was around "getting the girl" I think this was the case of "feeling what it feels to be a murderer." I think took a chance and it resulted in four deaths without knowing the other two were downstairs. If he knew, I think we'd be talking about 6 deaths.

I wonder if, when arrested, LE found the knife that was used in the murders? I know many here, including me, felt that he would have kept it, almost as a trophy of his deeds, but now I am wondering if it may have been tossed out a window, along some stretch of roadside between Moscow and Pennsylvania. Also wonder if he left the area immediately after the murders, or waited a while, hoping to make his disappearance less likely to be noticed or tied to the crimes.

Now that he has been arrested, let's get that DNA, because I have a strong feeling that a match to it was found at 1122 King St!

Busted! JMO

I believe we'll find they've already matched him to the DNA in the house. Before the arrest.

I'm betting they do have a profile from the house (so he did something to leave behind a good sample - which has been my most fervent prayer on this case).

I am elated to see him captured and I do not believe they would have been so confident about him without the DNA. So this Criminal Mastermind made a crucial mistake (for one thing, he still has his damn hair - ought to have shaved his head way in advance so that no one remembered him otherwise), ,He may well have cut himself. Or perhaps Xana got a good swipe at his face (or someone did). He has hidden out long enough for that to heal. Gloves can come off.

Also, I believe he had to climb on top of his victims or the bed to use his knife properly and it looks like the forensic people had a really good idea that had happened - so yeah, his clothing would have had epithelial DNA on it and all they need are a few cells.

Anyway, I think we'll hear that they have a DNA match.

Any thoughts on whether he will plead guilty or go to trial? I think even if he pleads guilty to avoid the death penalty, he might still give info to LE about the murders.
a LONG LONG way away from being able to answer that. What was the reason for the crime? What evidence is there? Are there more people involved?

Yup. I got chills when I read it. It scared me at the time, and here we are. Why was he in Washington for his PhD? Was school his safe space, did he actually have an aspiration that required it, or could he not get a job?
Maybe he didn't pass psych tests required for the work he applied for in the criminal field.

From the beginning of this case on WS
- many thought he was a student, some an older student others believed around the same age as the victims
- it was mentioned by some that he could be a student at WSU
- many thought he was male
Thoughts which maybe determined at a later date:
- many thought he was known to the victims but not in the inner circle
- many thought he was a loner, outcast, deviant
- many thought thought he was resentful and/or jealous of the victims
- many thought he knew the layout of the house
- many felt he was rejected by Kaylee or Maddie
- some believed it was Kaylee’s stalker
- some believed Kaylee was the target :(

I hope we find out the answers to better understand these horrific, senseless, and repulsive murders!

Last edited:
As soon as this name was released I checked ALL social media. An instagram existed, it followed no one, it only had one video of the joker and a joker profile pic. There were no other instagram accounts in his name. A Twitter account existed, it had no content, no Facebook existed. Anything you are seeing on social media is now fake. <modsnip: rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, according to Wikipedia it has a population of 138. It's difficult to believe that he grew up/spent his childhood there. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he grew up somewhere completely different once all the facts come out. I'm not saying he grew up "rich". My thought is more along the lines of upper middle class, stressed the importance of higher education (thus the PhD program-not a cheap educational background), and parents who are blindsided Bryan could do such a thing. IMO of course.
138 people?! That’s wild. This makes a lot of sense.

Yup. I got chills when I read it. It scared me at the time, and here we are. Why was he in Washington for his PhD? Was school his safe space, did he actually have an aspiration that required it, or could he not get a job?
There are some people who are lifelong students. Finish one degree, get another. Maybe putting off having to get a job!

Question for folks familiar with academic research in the social sciences. I see that BK began his study (on Reddit) after he graduated with his MA from Desales and before moving to Washington State for his PhD. With three months between programs, does that seem like a reasonable timeframe to begin a new research project with his alma mater?
In a real study, he would need to go through the approval processes for research, which might vary from institution to institution and even “schools” within the university (e.g., School of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Blah Blah). He probably didn’t even have an official committee for his Ph.D. until later in the Fall semester and certainly nowhere ready to do “research“ under that. So, no. I haven’t see this survey or whatever it was he did but it’s not likely to have been approved by a school he hadn’t yet attended. And there would be no reason to do research with a previous school if he were going to a Ph.D program elsewhere.

Except those aren’t legit accounts lol

I think it was a poster here who said that, not msm. Was speculation.
No, it was in an online article regarding his earlier education and work experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member