ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if BK has a history of spice use? His age group had to face spice in their teens. I hear it has been said there was a heroin thing but personally I'm more inclined to think it was spice. I would bet heroin use among teenagers was very uncommon, especially in small town PA, back in say 2010. I bet you could get spice at every corner c-store though. My opinion (based upon knowing a few late 20s folks who were affected by spice use in their teens).
I am the same age as BK, and grew up in a neighboring state in a similar semirural environment. Kids were definitely doing heroin, especially towards the end of high school. Also spice, so I think that could be likely. Unfortunately many of my classmates passed away from overdoses in the year or two after school when fentanyl became more prevalent, so I wonder if perhaps BK switched to another drug like meth after school, or especially in Washington.

Best question of the day, IMO. What a weird thing to do. Roundtrip airfare looks to be as low as $100. Certainly can find tickets from Pullman to PA for $125RT.

Compared to gas for the Elantra, it's a no brainer. I wonder if he took stuff home with him, as if he were moving back? He might have enrolled for Spring in order to keep up his appearance of normalcy back in Pullman.

That may be why he asked if anyone else was arrested (my theory; MOO).

JMO.
I'd imagine that knowing LE was filtering down on Elantra's in the area must have given him some pause.

I mean, prior to the murder he probably had already mentally prepared himself for the possibility of a conversation with LE. But with the combination of the LE filtering, his car being likely parked outside and the tip line it was almost a certainty at that point.

So it would make sense to take the Elantra out of the area for a while and let things cool off.

MOO-

First… I may have missed the rest of the post on BK’s dad flying out to drive home with him… I had not heard of this and yes if true very very interesting.

Personally my opinion only.

Is it possible BK’s dad had been watching the news and knew about murders and police looking for white Elantra?

Is it possible dad put 2 and 2 together with sons close distance to crime scene and the car LE is looking for being the same as his sons… who just so happens to be incredibly interested in crime and murder.

Maybe he offered to come out and spend 3 days in car with son driving home to decide for himself if his child was capable of this. Or Acting different. Parental intuition perhaps?

I personally choose to think his parents are victims in this and as shocked and hurt as everyone else. And I pray that they weren’t in any way privy to anything he did before arrest. I’d be shocked if they were.
I'm wondering the same thing. Even possible Dad was working with LE? He could've set up tracking, intercept devises in car when he got there. JMO.

I had postulated upstream that maybe he had gotten the car home before the LE requested people that they were looking for it. Looks like that is not the case. It still looks like he was stuck with the car without a good way of making it disappear. MOO.

Right? I went to school with a guy who referred to himself as a genius. He was full of himself, and no genius, just someone who thought he was smarter than everyone. I remember asking him why, if he's such a genius, weren't the highly ranked universities fighting over him, like they did for a girl we went to high school with.
Reality can be a hard pill to swallow. I'll be interested to see more info as it trickles out in one way or another (reliably or not). He could turn out to be a really common resentful loser type carried away on delusions* of uniqueness and superiority and revenge against his perceived tormentors, or motivated completely differently.

*I mean "delusions" in the common sense like your friend the "genius," not actual, literal, clinical delusions like from a Hinckley or as Marc David Chapman claimed.

Kohberger is “shocked a little bit,” LaBar said. “He’s doing OK. Obviously, he’s calm right now.”
Shocked? Calm?
Obviously he’s incapable of expressing normal emotions might have been a more apt description. MOO

CNN article was updated:

LaBar later told CNN Kohberger arrived in Pennsylvania around December 17 to celebrate the holidays with his family.

“His father actually went out (to Idaho) and they drove home together,” LaBar said.
If his father drove back with him could that who he is referring to when he asked "Has anyone else been arrested?"

I think he’s satisfied with having killed, hence his blank stare, that his 15 minutes of desired infamy is just beginning, and he’s feeling like the puppet-master surrounded by all this attention and will continue to do so throughout the legal proceedings. Imo. Now he’s somebody. He’s not invisible anymore and as much as he must have hated being found out, he’s going to love being known as the perpetrator of this vicious and cruel event. Which he was successful at as four lives were ended. Imo.
Dave Cullen in the epilogue to his book Columbine talks about “spectacle murder”—murder for no other reason than to be known (whether or not the killer is caught) to get his deeds or his face on TV.

I wonder if the police could tell from the cameras that the Elantra had out of state plates, even if they couldn't determine the number? Further, I wonder if BK's elantra had PA plates?
This is an interesting theory. PA plates are a fairly distinctive style, that yellow stripe on the bottom would be unlike many other plates.

1672519606752.png

Kaylee's father said something to that effect yesterday but couldn't comment any further
JMO, but I think it would be difficult for the two not to have at least some 2-3 degree of separation connection. I.e. Kaylee had a friend that went to WSU that was an undergrad in one of the classes BK TA'd for, or a similar situation

Maybe he hoped to trade cars in PA? I should check PA craigs list.
Well, also he is claiming innocence, allegedly so it's the most normal thing for someone to do who is innocent?
Carry on regardless.
Possibly was considering changing vehicle over the holiday period in any case.
Needed access to vehicle while at home?

Link to alleged innocent claim because these days, this case everything is alleged.
Until LE say otherwise.

I emphasize the coffee because of SG's statements about a "connection."

Sorry, what is the coffee connection?

Please, let's be clear about the facts and opinions now that we have an arrest.

When reporters first reached out to SG and the family about the arrest, SG made it clear that no one in the family knows or recognized the suspect. Later in the day at the memorial with his attorney present, SG revised his statement that there could be a connection (speculation) but he wasn't ready to discuss it. His attorney (Shanon Grey) clarified that they are going to try and look and see IF there's any connection. This is not the same as there is a known connection.

There is no known connection between the suspect and KG on this date.

Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet.

"Now that there's a person and a name that someone can specifically look for and see if there's any connections in any way. So they're just trying to figure it out," the family's attorney, Shanon Grey, told ABC
News.
^^rsbm

I had postulated upstream that maybe he had gotten the car home before the LE requested people that they were looking for it. Looks like that is not the case. It still looks like he was stuck with the car without a good way of making it disappear. MOO.

I think with his proximity to the house, with the amount of tips LE was reporting coming into the tip line, he probably figured he'd be one of the first to be reached out to. Especially if his car was sighted in the area or captured on camera.

Not hearing from LE after a week or 2 probably only emboldened him. Might have even thought that with 22,000 potential cars.... LE would quickly clear him and not even call after seeing that his white Elantra was owned by a PHD candidate in Criminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288