ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. This smells of dad being suspicious and maybe using time spent in the car as a way of coaxing info from BK.

Son was driving a vehicle similar to what LE was looking for

Son went to school not too far from the crime scene

Son had issues that the dad knew of.

Son's issues became more apparent after the murders. Father detected 3rd degree weirdness over the phone instead of the normal 1st degree weirdness from BK.

Son wanted to drive back with his vehicle instead of taking a flight. By itself, not suspicious but considering the totality of everything else...another red flag.

I wonder if they drove by the 1122 house. Dad sees it on the news and out of curiosity is like, BK, let's do a drive by on our way back. Maybe Dad sensed something in BK as they were driving by the house?????
That would be a long, scary drive for me as a parent! I couldn’t have done it without losing control!

scary that his instructor didn't sense he was off. or did she?
Why would they be looking for that though? I’m sure they come across many students who are just genuinely interested in the field. BK may have been a socially awkward type and a bit off to some people but to then slaughter 4 people in one go is a huge unpredictable leap imo.

Working as a Security Guard at an Elementary School… for real.
And according to many reports… heroin and rehab.
MOO
<modsnip: no source link>

I still find this blank period after high school....'
could the rehab program really have been that long?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO he has to get back to Idaho and enter a not guilty plea in order to see all the evidence against him. IMO he needs, really really needs to know how LE has solved this. He needs to know where his plan went wrong and if there was something LE missed, etc. Right now he can only guess what they have, how they got it, how long did it take to figure it out, what they haven't figured out yet, etc. I still, IMO, believe he intentionally created a complicated a crime scene in his fiction come-to-life plot.
all moo
Assuming he doesn’t immediately ask for a lawyer, I would be very interested in seeing the interrogation tape (either during or after trial). It would be interesting to see how he handles being confronted with his mistakes.

IMO he has to get back to Idaho and enter a not guilty plea in order to see all the evidence against him. IMO he needs, really really needs to know how LE has solved this. He needs to know where his plan went wrong and if there was something LE missed, etc. Right now he can only guess what they have, how they got it, how long did it take to figure it out, what they haven't figured out yet, etc. I still, IMO, believe he intentionally created a complicated a crime scene in his fiction come-to-life plot.
all moo
I think he might have set out to do that, but I don’t think things worked out according to his plan. He’s not a huge guy, would he knowingly attempt to kill EC? Women would be easy targets for him, EC, not so much (unless, of course, he was asleep). Sickening really.

Yes, msm. LE has not confirmed the DNA info as of today’s interview with Chief Fry.

That's why I'm annoyed SG said he found a connection. That would be the Idaho defense attorney's dream: an excuse that he was in the house for a friendly beer or two.
Yeah, I think all the family’s will be well coached on what they can and can’t say going forward into this new investigative phase. Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all.

It's not that a cross-country road-trip is weird. It's driving your car home from WA to PA but you'll be back in WA for your next semester of school in a few weeks. Don't you need your car back at school? So his plan was to drive his car BACK to WA alone for a second cross-country road trip a few weeks later?
IMO BK was not bringing the Elantra back to WA. He may have even talked with his parents about the murder. Maybe claimed that he spoke with LE and was cleared, but was being harassed because he drove a white Elantra and couldn’t sell it locally. Same as others were being accused: HG, JD, etc.

Vehicle may have been registered in the father’s name. No choice but to drive it back to PA. “Dad, why not fly out and we’ll take turns driving and see the country.” Buy another vehicle and drive it back to WA. MOO

Do most PhD students get grants and stipends that cover their tuition and living expenses?
Ressponding to this post only out of convenience. This post is to educate and and correct a huge amount of incorrect information posted here about PhD programs in general and the WSU criminology program in partitcular. Source: Graduate Studies | Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology | Washington State University

First off, graduate students generally follow the same schedule as undergrads. There are exceptions but many upper division courses at any major university will have a mix of graduate and undergraduate students so having different schedules is impractical.

Second the WSU criminology PhD program requires 72 credits, 33 of which are dissertation which is not a class, just independent research and writing. Since he already had a masters he likely would have gotten credit through transfer for 30 credits meaning he only would have had to take 3 classes at WSU in his entire PhD program. It is likely he would have needed a few more. PhD programs are usually not prescriptive and a great deal depends on your committee and advisor.

Third, WSU waives in-state tuition for PhD students and out-of-state tuition for the first year until the student establishes residency. The site above states "To qualify for resident tuition, state law requires you be a state resident for 12 months. If you are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident and have come to WSU from out of state, establish residency in order to avoid paying out-of-state tuition. To establish residency, get your Washington State Driver’s license within 30 days of arrival; register your car; register to vote; establish a bank account; and live in- state for one year."

So, it seems likely that BK would have done these things. Are we certain the car was registered to mom and had PA plates?

According to 2023 Best Criminology Doctor's Degree Schools, WSU Pullman is the 7th highest ranked criminology phd program in the country.

I don't know why there is so much mystery/debate/speculation about why BK chose WSU. Top program, free, he's a smart guy.

That would be a long, scary drive for me as a parent! I couldn’t have done it without losing control!

Yeah long, desolate drive for much of the way knowing your son is a stone cold killer. Can't imagine but it's a fascinating aspect of this case. Can't wait for all the details to come out. The book is going to be a one night reader that's for sure.

Why would they be looking for that though? I’m sure they come across many students who are just genuinely interested in the field. BK may have been a socially awkward type and a bit off to some people but to then slaughter 4 people in one go is a huge unpredictable leap imo.
Totally agree. A lot of scholarly types or those getting their masters or PHD may present as socially awkward MOO.

There's more likely toll compliance systems at toll booths that collate driver data.
There's facial recognition in supermarkets now. The technology is cheap.
You are correct. I just left out the small details because most of that info about the scanners/readers is explained at the website

Im seeing people from perp's past in PA speak out and the people from WSU, but has anyone from Moscow spoken out yet? Like " Ive seen that guy around here".
I dint think he just randomly went to Moscow that one nigt. He must have been hanging out somewhere in the town since attending school at WSU.
I would love to know if anyone recognized him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288