ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a comment from personal experience...I have a PhD and used to work at a university as a researcher, not as a professor. I did teach a few classes through the years but mostly at community colleges. Many of these were university courses but offered on the CC campus and often most of my students were university students.

There are women at universities that are attracted to academics. They generally are not the 20 year old sorority girls. But there are plenty of the more studious women who would be attracted to a guy like BK and would overlook social awkwardness, because, honestly, many have the same awkwardness.

As a married guy in my 40s, I was propositioned on numerous occasions during my career by (mostly) young students usually in their early 20s. I never went for it but I can attest that it happens more often than people might suspect. It was obvious when the female students were just trying to sweet talk me into a better grade (which honestly was pretty rare). But the ones with a "fetish" for academics could be pretty direct and aggressive.

So I doubt BK would have had a lot of trouble finding someone in an academic environment even with his awkwardness. I think his problem likely was his interest in women who would not give him the time of day. I'm not a very good judge of the attractiveness of other men but BK does not strike me as repulsively unattractive or anything. He seems to have had at least one female genuine friend I would note.

I continue to think we are going to learn there is some connection between BK and one of the victims and that this was at some level about him being spurned (at least in his mind.) But I am rapidly coming to believe that there is a significant element of him wanting to commit the perfect crime, get away with it, and experience the emotions of killing someone.
I'm inclined to think that he's a serial killer in the making - someone who really likes the idea of killing someone because it energizes him. He wants to feel what the murderer feels. For two degrees, he delved deeper into the mind of the murderer. Each course he completed, each discussion he had, fed that part of him that gets excited about the murderer's mind. It's like he's hungry to know the murderer's feelings and thoughts before, during and after murder. The first nibble (readings/discussions) was exciting, but he needed bigger bites over time to sustain the feeling.

It seems like he made up his mind in May 2022 that he was going to murder someone to get a bigger kick than he could get with readings and discussion. He graduated in May, moved to Pullman in August, started the PhD in September. His survey was posted online, targeting convicted murderers, in May. He wasn't a student at that time.

Parallel to his intense curiosity about the mind of the murderer, he views himself as extraordinarily clever. People in PhD programs sometimes tell themselves that they are in the top 1% of the population in terms of intelligence. Somewhere in the middle of it is his belief that committing murder will give him the high/excitement that he's looking for, and that he can outsmart everyone because he's an expert on murder.

I think one of his arguments will be that his DNA in a party house on the bedding (if that's where it was) is meaningless because it's impossible to determine the date on which DNA was left anywhere. Perhaps he was spurned, perhaps he imagined that he was spurned, and perhaps he'll turn that around to work for him by claiming a secret tryst that resulted in transfer DNA onto one of the victims.

He will want to know all the details about the DNA evidence to make an open ended argument where there is reasonable doubt as to when and how. Even a dog could theoretically transfer DNA from one bedroom to another.

Jmoo. Dad needs to stop talking to all media. I know he's grieving, upset and really mad, but he should take everything he knows or finds to the DA, now that there is an arrest has been made. Anything could be used as explanatory evidence.

I really see that Kohberger had fallen through the cracks. Parents probably did know that he was teased to the extent reported. It seems that many people in the system failed him. A smart kid that is presently bullied and needs help to cope. Could no one have seen the Koberger needed help ?.I invited a universal outlet and process to identify children at risk.
Come on! Lots of kids have been bullied to some degree and they do not turn into mass murder - serial killers. His mother seems empathetic from what I've learned about her. His sister seems to be a functioning member of society. Let's not turn this monster into a victim.

But I am rapidly coming to believe that there is a significant element of him wanting to commit the perfect crime, get away with it, and experience the emotions of killing someone.
But to kill FOUR brutally and up close? That's light years beyond *dabbling* to see what it's like to kill *someone*
This killer wanted to WALLOW (so to speak) in the blood of his victims. MOO

Last edited:
Employees at a PA brewery had notes in their computer system warning about BK's behavior as a patron.

"Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,'" he said.

Serulneck said Kohberger would ask the female staff or customers who they were at the brewery with, where they lived and what their work schedule was. He said if the women blew him off, “he would get upset with them a little bit,” noting that one time he called one of his staff members a disparaging term when she refused to answer his questions"
"

Everyone looking at the mugshot had different opinions of what they saw on his face. To me, I saw a cat-that-ate-the-canary look. As though he's trying not to smile. I feel there may be some plot twist coming!
When I look at his mugshot with that shadow of a smirk, I see him projecting "Game on." MOO.

I'm inclined to think that he's a serial killer in the making - someone who really likes the idea of killing someone because it energizes him. He wants to feel what the murderer feels. For two degrees, he delved deeper into the mind of the murderer. Each course he completed, each discussion he had, fed that part of him that gets excited about the murderer's mind. It's like he's hungry to know the murderer's feelings and thoughts before, during and after murder. The first nibble (readings/discussions) was exciting, but he needed bigger bites over time to sustain the feeling.

It seems like he made up his mind in May 2022 that he was going to murder someone to get a bigger kick than he could get with readings and discussion. He graduated in May, moved to Pullman in August, started the PhD in September. His survey was posted online, targeting convicted murderers, in May. He wasn't a student at that time.

Parallel to his intense curiosity about the mind of the murderer, he views himself as extraordinarily clever. People in PhD programs sometimes tell themselves that they are in the top 1% of the population in terms of intelligence. Somewhere in the middle of it is his belief that committing murder will give him the high/excitement that he's looking for, and that he can outsmart everyone because he's an expert on murder.

I think one of his arguments will be that his DNA in a party house on the bedding (if that's where it was) is meaningless because it's impossible to determine the date on which DNA was left anywhere. Perhaps he was spurned, perhaps he imagined that he was spurned, and perhaps he'll turn that around to work for him by claiming a secret tryst that resulted in transfer DNA onto one of the victims.

He will want to know all the details about the DNA evidence to make an open ended argument where there is reasonable doubt as to when and how. Even a dog could theoretically transfer DNA from one bedroom to another.
I would be shocked if he was ever invited to the house. 28 year olds are considered old by college kids, he was new to the area, he was awkward and I don't see him even having guy friends to go with him to make him look a bit cooler.

I was thinking about the DNA and I had an idea but don't know if it's feasible or not. When you put on gloves (which I'm assuming he did) one hand is bare when you put the first glove on, Then you use the gloved hand to put the other glove on and maybe even interlock the fingers to push the gloves into place. There would be skin cells, oils etc from the bare hand transferred to the first glove and from there to the other. I wonder if it's possible they got touch DNA from the slider and the bedroom doors/doorknobs?
Yes, regarding the gloves but more importantly is the fact that when you remove the gloves, your DNA is inside them! Doesn't matter about the incidental DNA on the outside.

There were, IMO, no latent fingerprints from the offender, found on any surfaces of the residence. He would be sure of this as he knows his fingerprints are on file (due to his employment as a security guard in PA.)

I was thinking about the DNA and I had an idea but don't know if it's feasible or not. When you put on gloves (which I'm assuming he did) one hand is bare when you put the first glove on, Then you use the gloved hand to put the other glove on and maybe even interlock the fingers to push the gloves into place. There would be skin cells, oils etc from the bare hand transferred to the first glove and from there to the other. I wonder if it's possible they got touch DNA from the slider and the bedroom doors/doorknobs?
Smart killer would put on gloves then wash them off with soap and water before entering the house. MOO

I really see that Kohberger had fallen through the cracks. Parents probably did know that he was teased to the extent reported. It seems that many people in the system failed him. A smart kid that is presently bullied and needs help to cope. Could no one have seen the Koberger needed help ?.I invited a universal outlet and process to identify children at risk.

I agree, and some kids never think of telling their parents about bullying, and some schools minimize it. There is probably a history of childhood bullying in the histories of many criminals. The only question that haunts everyone. Why don't school shooters and mass killers go directly after their bullies? Why do they always take it on someone else? You are right in that intervention needs to happen much sooner.

Come on! Lots of kids have been bullied to some degree and they do not turn into mass murder - serial killers. His mother seems empathetic from what I've learned about her. His sister seems to be a functioning member of society. Let's not turn this monster into a victim.
I bet he would be insulted if he’s considered a victim of anything or anybody, I don’t believe he is one either.
He might wear that cloak coming into old age sitting in his lonely cell, but not yet, imo.

There's a photo of him thin faced. He sure did lose weight.
2. Kohberger, Whose Mother MaryAnn Wrote a Letter to the Newspaper About the Uvalde Shooting, Once Gave His Favorite Quote as a Line From Aristotle & Was Described as ‘Very OCD’ With ‘Weird’ Dietary Restrictions
1672551546440.png

Why would it take a week do you imagine?
He's happy to go, hold an emergency court session, chuck him in a wagon and zip up that highway fast as lightening .
While he is still stunned.
I wish.
I didn't realize he's agreed to be extradited. I was speaking to if he'd fought it.

Smart killer would put on gloves then wash them off with soap and water before entering the house. MOO

Unless he did it right outside the door, he would still have to touch his car door handle and steering wheel which would have his DNA on them, right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane