ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s becoming more and more clear that LE was likely playing mind games with BK. Seems like the sort of thing an FBI profiler would carefully guide after they learned who he was and what he was about.

I think LE purposely misidentified the car as a 2013. Knowing that the nuances between that and the 2015 model would not be appreciated by most people. And that the public would still submit tips of any and all white Elantras. I think this purposeful misidentification with no attempt to educate the public on the differences is represented in their choice to put out a stock photo instead of an actual still from the video(s).

The reason for this misidentification? To put BK at ease. I still believe that he had been identified by LE within the first 2 weeks of the investigation from his license plate. And they dug through his life and released the Elantra flyer while waiting for the DNA to come back. There was hope that the flyer would illicit tips connecting BK to the crime without having tk mention his name and/or baiting him to come forward to clear his name under the guise of offering LE help. Getting closer to the investigation. As the profiler likely informed police he might.

The subsequent “22,000” Elantra’s press release always seemed oddly specific to me. As if it was carefully crafted. I think this was also done to put BK at ease and feed his ego. “LE is looking for 22,000 2013 Hyunda Elantras! Mine isn’t in that bunch”. I also suspect another reason they went with a stock photo is that they likely had identifying features or a plate that would have given away that they were on to him.

Why didn’t they want to spook BK? It’s not everyday you have a quadruple homicide suspect in your sights but don’t have enough to confidently arrest him considering circumstances. So they were buying time. I believe at this point they likely had cell phone info, his utility usage at his apartment that night, videos and other evidence putting him out of his house and near or at the crime scene. But how can they be confident with unknown DNA still floating around? So again, they bought time. To make sure the DNA (likely waiting on familial, this wait can be unpredictable) backed up their evidence before making an arrest. As the entire world was watching.

I think it is quite possible
There was a change in Press Release updates from docs to videos, for someone into criminology watching the expressions of someone would most definitely have given him supply for his narc need

Why did they not want to spook him? Because they wanted time to trail him and get discarded DNA to make a comparison to blood found at the crime scene.
Once the DNA match was complete= Game Over

It has been said that his dad flew to WA and drove back with him, so it doesn’t matter if it was DNA from the son or the father- a match means Game Over

JMO

Seems to be required (now). This is what I found.
I'm from PA. I worked in both a private school and in a day program for adults with special needs.

There is an extensive list of requirements for employment which does include fingerprints (FBI), child abuse clearance, state background check, TB tests, physical, etc.

Bryan Kohberger seems inclined not to fight Idaho authorities wanting him in their jurisdiction ASAP -- but sounds confident he'll beat the charges ... according to his lawyer.

Jason LaBar -- Kohberger's extradition hearing attorney -- tells TMZ his client is, for now, likely to waive his right to have his looming transportation back to ID heard in front of a judge ... which, if it holds true, would mean Kohberger will get shipped back Latah County this upcoming week without any further delay -- where he'd be expected to enter a plea.

While LaBar notes Kohberger has neither denied or admitted to the charges against him -- implicitly or explicitly -- he did say his client told him he felt he would be exonerated, which obviously suggests he believes he's innocent.

We're told Kohberger and his parents are shocked by his arrest -- telling us their home in PA was descended upon by feds very early Friday morning ... where they were surrounded by law enforcement and instructed to comply, which LaBar says Kohberger did without issue.

Maybe. Maybe he just thinks he'll get away with it.

As a TA in the college he did not have to be there often, not even every day. It is not school.
TA is The general term, some grad students are actually GAs Graduate Assistants that don’t teach at all
The job can change semester to semester from TA to GA and back and forth- it is a way to get funding to poor students by giving them a job on campus, and also teaching and research experience
The schedule depends on the prof who employs them and what they expect/ need

JMO

Thinking about the stalker motive. One has to remember that the girls were very exposed on social media. In fact one report said her address was on a cash pay app. These habits can be very inviting to the wrong person. Even if this turns out not to be the case, let it be a lesson to protect your kids on-line.
bbm
Would you have a link for the bolded ?
Tia.

There's the possibility their paths crossed with the killer IRL, or online --- but to put an address out there is risky for anyone in this day and age.
Imo.

I disagree. While they might have had their eyes on him for longer than we know, I don't think that LE was messing around with him. That sounds like something that happens in FBI movies and not real life. IMO.
I agree with you. For example, if police falsely said they were looking for a 2011-2013 car, hoping to give him a false sense of security, defense could eventually claim "our client does not have the type of car you said you were looking for, why have you brought him in?" If they then say well we were mistaken, we just thought it was 2011-13, the defense could call into question the quality of the police work. Just as an example, no idea if that happened here.

Now if there's other evidence, that may not matter, but why would the police deliberately set up easy defense objections? It just seems fanciful that police would play the proverbial 3D chess with a suspect. MOO

Last edited:
According to this article, he's only been a suspect for the last few days, and he was connected to the crime through genetic genealogy. I guess the car was just further evidence??

Well he was supposedly followed to Pa, was at mechanic on Dec 16, was tailed for 4 days there then arrested.

Jmo

Several of us have already commented saying that our parents would drive with us too. I said in the other thread that I never drive cross country alone and I'll make sure my kids don't either, even as adults. How many threads on this forum are about grown adults (many of them men) who are missing or their cars found abandoned on road trips? I don't think there's anything at all telling about Dad flying out to drive with him, except maybe that the family doesn't have significant money concerns. MOO
Why not just buy BK a round trip airline ticket? It would be cheaper, safer and quicker. If he really needs transportation while on break in PA, he can rent a car, uber, borrow the parents car, etc. Who drives 2500 miles home (5000 RT) for a 3 week break? There is something more to this.

I think his main focus on drive home was to get rid of that Elantra, stat! But he had to do it in a way that wasn’t obvious to his parents. He couldn’t sell it or destroy it, or fake a theft in Washington. But might be a possibility in Pennsylvania. If it was registered in his mom’s name he needed her to sell it. Maybe he told them it wasn’t safe to drive, rattling making funny noises etc and that’s why dad flew out to help him drive home?

But new and used cars are very pricey right now and his parents had historical financial problems. If he couldn’t convince mommy to buy him a new ride, maybe he was going to just get into an accident there in Pennsylvania over the break? Smash it into a tree, total it and get a different car…

what if, instead his idea was to get the car serviced in PA as a prelude to persuading parents to sell it?
nobody would've batted an eye about the sale in PA of an Elantra 2015

or

what if he's so oblivious/reckless/dumb, that he really was planning to drive it back to WSU for the next semester? ( Nobody in WSU seems to have made the connection before he left WA, because it was the ' wrong' car. Maybe he thought this luck would hold out once he returned. He'd already stayed in Pullman with his car for a whole month after the murders.)

Last edited:
What IF .. there's only circumstantial evidence .. They can't actually place him at the crime scene at the time of the murders .. DNA or not. DNA could be "consensual" according to BK. "Proof beyond a reasonable doubt".
It's going to be a reach for the jury to accept that any DNA found in the immediate area of one of the victims is consensual. Four people ended up stabbed to death.

Unknown DNA found on a kitchen countertop? Sure. But DNA near the victims? I would be shocked if a jury concedes that is consensual.

Say what you want about DM, but they do get the stories quickly and have the best/most pictures. The writers are horrible, the details are often not exactly factual.
I agree the photos they take themselves can be useful, but I put about as much stock in their reporting as I do a reddit post. MOO

bbm
Would you have a link for the bolded ?
Tia.

There's the possibility their paths crossed with the killer IRL, or online --- but to put an address out there is risky for anyone in this day and age.
Imo.
No, I think it's something I saw in a video news clip weeks ago.

This is just me late-night strictly thinking out loud now and it's all MOO... I keep thinking he has something up his sleeve he thinks is like a loophole to absolve him of being involved. Smug, sneaky, know-it-all type plan he thinks is brilliant.

(snipped)
I wouldn't be shocked (disgusted, yes, but not shocked) if he claims to have had a prior intimate relationship with one of the victims.

I wonder if this is a case of orthorexia, personally. He created elaborate “food rules” for himself as a way to eat less, but couched it in terms of being healthy and virtuous. It’s an increasingly common eating disorder these days. And depending where you are mentally with the disorder, you may have more rules (the no pots and pans that touched animal products thing), or fewer rules.
I think it says more about a controlling and coercive attitude than an eating disorder. Moreover, was a set of rules he could use against others in order to belittle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz