ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, all of us are interested in crime, so that in and of itself doesn't seem weird to me. He was probably on the autism spectrum, which also doesn't mean much. It appears that he was loved by his parents and, thus far, has seemed to have a relatively normal childhood and home life.
I have heard about drug problems, but is there any proof of that? It makes sense if he went off drugs and then got OCD about food, as addictions tend to change rather than be "cured".

Deny, deny, deny, a pattern, imo, rbbm
''BETHLEHEM, Pa. — The suspect in the killings of four University of Idaho students last month had been known to some employees at a Pennsylvania brewery to make “creepy” and inappropriate comments, the business owner said.

Since Bryan Christopher Kohberger’s arrest Friday in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, some who knew or had exchanges with the 28-year-old are now reflecting on those interactions in light of his arrest on a murder warrant in the Nov. 13 deaths of the students in Moscow, Idaho.

Jordan Serulneck, 34, the owner of Seven Sirens Brewing Company in Bethlehem, said Kohberger had gone by himself to the brewery a few times and would sit at the bar.''

''Serulneck said Kohberger didn’t do anything in front of him or management, but he said he would make comments under his breath or if only one person was working at the bar.''

Kohberger had not returned to the brewery since Serulneck approached him months ago about the complaints from his staff, the owner said.

“I went up to him and I said, ‘Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you’re going to be respectful this time and we’re not going to have any issues,’” he said. “And he was completely taken aback. He was shocked that I was saying that, and he said, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. You totally have me confused.’”

''LaBar, who is representing the suspect in the extradition but not the murder case, said he spoke with his client for about an hour Friday following his arrest. “He was very aware, but calm, and really shocked by his arrest,” LaBar said.''
Yes! Have definitely seen this kind of behaviour in people before and AVOID them. They'll never respect others' boundaries because they can't even acknowledge behaviour when called out. They don't care if you're affected by it.

There is certainly a air of grandiosity about him - he probably thinks he's smarter than everyone around him and that will keep him safe. Uh..no.

The latest news has said BK's cell phone pinged at many of the same locations as the victims and apparently had been following them for weeks before the murders.

As per CNN, he was already in PA on Dec. 16th. He and his father had the Elantra into a mechanic on Dec. 16th.

Great catch, I had read he arrived in PA on Christmas Eve.
Thx, makes more sense if he was driving to leave town as soon as he could

JMO

Why? High school teachers grade student work having based on your view ‘only’ a BA or BS, and the student work they are grading is Advanced Placement work for college course credit At the undergraduate level.
Masters students often teach English comp courses at the university level
PhD students very often teach undergrad courses at the university level
Based on my experience the rule is having completed a degree ahead, PhDs teach and guide masters students

JMO

Yeah, that's pretty standard. By the time one is in a PhD program, they already have their masters. No reason they can't grade English 101 essays. JMO.

Well I actually do find it strange, but not with what we know now. (He had to get that car out of there b/c of what he’d done!) I think, generally speaking, it’s a little unusual for a 28 year old man to not just drive himself home. Yes, it’s a long way, but it’s asking ALOT for a parent to fly all the way across country just to drive back all the way across the country in possible bad winter weather when he was going to have to turn around and drive back again alone across the
country in just a few weeks. It’s nonsensical to me when most people would just fly home for the holidays and then back after.

It only makes sense to me because of what we know. If he killed 4 people and the cops are searching for his car, of course he would want to get it out asap. I can only guess his father was concerned for some reason and that’s why he made the trip with him.
Just did 1500 miles with my son.
Here's why a parent does that. I will qualify that these are unique and may not translate BK.
- He has a large dog that can't fly (I'll admit, that if it weren't for the dog) flying would be a better choice.
- He has no credit card. Loans and TA pay won't cover hotels and gas. This
- I would worry about any family member traveling over the mountains in the winter storms alone.
- I drive up to 60K miles a year for work, long drive are no big deal for me
- wanted to see his apartment, and grad school office.
- time to hang out
- I love checking out good food in college towns.
- Love to drive, I spend the entire airplane trips wishing I was on the ground in remote areas of the west instead of flying over them.

I do believe that BK was probably trying to get a hot car out of the area and probably did not have a pet traveling. IMO the car was identified a few weeks into the case, he may have thought it was all they had to go on and if it wasn't in the general area he was safe. Someone in Pullman probably would have ID'ed the car. 2500 miles away, nobody would notice.

This is all MOO, but it seems to me that stabbings of that nature would probably be messy affairs and that the killer would naturally get some blood on him--from each victim--and probably deposit some of the previous victims' blood on the subsequent victims.

But, the coroner said they could not tell which students were killed in what order. Does that mean they didn't test the blood on the various victims' bodies? Or, does it mean the killer was able to stab them all without spreading any blood around?

I would think (but, I'm no forensic pathologist) that killing them one after the other like that would result in some blood being passed around.

Am I way off?

All MOO.

it's not the same car

it's a 2015 Elantra.

For all we know, a devious mass murderer might even have told his parents that his car was cleared cause it was 2015.
Even tho the year is off, it's still a white Elantra. As many days as this particular Elantra was on the news and being discussed ad nauseum, there's no way IMO that his parents didn't at least raise an eyebrow. Vinnie Politan was especially stern when he covered the car and "don't you have friends? Don't you have family that know this car?" Idk.. but even if it were my family member, I would have been highly suspicious myself.

IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? That is what's suspicious to me and I'm feeling like they may have been helping or assisting even if just a tad bit to keep him safe. Giving me flashbacks of how the Laundries had more info than they let on too.

Denial.
If NOT denial then enabling.
But until I hear more, I'll go with denial.

Even tho the year is off, it's still a white Elantra. As many days as this particular Elantra was on the news and being discussed ad nauseum, there's no way IMO that his parents didn't at least raise an eyebrow. Vinnie Politan was especially stern when he covered the car and "don't you have friends? Don't you have family that know this car?" Idk.. but even if it were my family member, I would have been highly suspicious myself.
And later on, if the parents are going to be honest, I will bet that in their hearts, they knew something wasn't right about this trip home and the timing of it. Regardless of it being for Christmas.

This is all MOO, but it seems to me that stabbings of that nature would probably be messy affairs and that the killer would naturally get some blood on him--from each victim--and probably deposit some of the previous victims' blood on the subsequent victims.

But, the coroner said they could not tell which students were killed in what order. Does that mean they didn't test the blood on the various victims' bodies? Or, does it mean the killer was able to stab them all without spreading any blood around?

I would think (but, I'm no forensic pathologist) that killing them one after the other like that would result in some blood being passed around.

Am I way off?

All MOO.

Cleaned the knife after each kill? Or brought four knives?

IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? That is what's suspicious to me and I'm feeling like they may have been helping or assisting even if just a tad bit to keep him safe. Giving me flashbacks of how the Laundries had more info than they let on too.
We have no idea of what his parents knew about the crime.

They may have been concerned for his safety since there was a quadruple murder ten minutes from where he attended school.

His parents are also victims, imo.

And where did they eat? BCK was so strict on his diet? No fast food? Potty breaks? Gas fill ups? Snacks? Drinks? Hotel? 38 hours straight in a compact car…..
It wasn't nearly as far as BK drove, but Jodi Arias crossed a couple of state lines without stopping after she had viciously murdered Travis Alexander. She filled gas cans and put them in her trunk so she didn't run out of gas along the way.

Sometimes people who are into true crime or news junkies assume that everyone else is like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks