ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s largely inconsequential too.

This is the post-arrest version of “where is the dog?”
You made me laugh but I do think it says something important about BK. We can all differ in our interpretation of why daddy went to the trouble and expense of flying out to bring his youngest child home via road trip.

The dog - if connected to any evidence - would not have been meaningless. At this time, we assume his presence at the scene meant nothing in the crime. And that discussion certainly has been annoying long IMO.

Every action has a reaction. I think we're entitled to react to the holiday trip home with our own experiences & assumptions to guide us.

The fairly wide range of opinions here on the subject re: relationship dynamics, expense, car as evidence, has been useful to me.

But I get your point. These threads don't have subject headers for those who wish to opine at length on particulars so we're kinda stuck with the things we enjoy getting interrupted by the things we don't.

MOO

It's a claim from a "source": "Mobile phone data reportedly shows that Bryan Kohberger, 28, was often in the same location as the three university of Idaho students and one of their boyfriends before he allegedly slashed them to death as they apparently slept at a house off campus, a source close to one of the case’s investigators told the media." Man accused of Idaho murders allegedly stalked students for weeks
Wait. BK is saying he’s innocent? So the question is, when he asked “had anyone else been arrested” very well could mean there’s another person? Omg help me understand lol

I was just wondering in general— not relative to his public defender’s statement.

I'm sure they would but that was not the point his temporary lawyer was making in this instance
Exactly.
It's not like nobody has mentioned it.
Now, I'm not sure he stated it as a certainty as opposed to 'as an example' but having said that for accuracy, I'd say it's likely.
I also have a feeling he took film or photographs of his alleged handiwork and a phone would have been the most useful for those purposes.. JMO

If he turned on Airplane Mode; turned off wifi, cell data, and location services, would any of those actions inhibit or limit the tracking?

Nothing in this article states BK bullied anyone at the bar.

From the article:
Several months ago, Kohberger visited the Seven Sirens Brewing Company several times, harassing the women who worked there, owner Jordan Serulneck, 34, told NBC News.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,” he said.

“FULLY COOPERATED?” Any Substance in Atty's Press Release?
@sds71 Thanks for posting ^ Tweet.* This caught my attn. "...as a family we... support our son and brother. We have fully cooperated with law enforcement agencies...."
I’m curious. Whose words?** And which LE agencies? What did LE ask? Extradition related questions?

LaBar is rep'ing BCK on extradition matter only (not ID. crim charges) and IIUC, EXTRADITION issues in this case boil down to 1. BCK's identity & 2. His location at time of crimes. Welcoming correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

On second issue, what could fam member say?
Something like this, likely true: On Nov. 13, I did not see BCK, & we did not talk, text, communicate, etc. I assume he was in his apt in Pullman, WA. but have no facts to support that.
Or something like this, likely not true & easily refuted/disproven w digital records: On Nov. 13 from 1:00 a.m. til noon CMT, I FaceTimed w BCK several times and I saw him at the Marriott Resort in Cancun Mexico swimming pool on the beach & heard the ocean waves crashing in the background.

BTW
What is LaBar's basis for asserting in that release --- family “fully cooperated” w LE? Did BCK say that family members fully cooperated? Or did fam members say that? Did LE say that? Did anyone other than LaBar say that?

Seems atty LaBar could characterize either of ^ answers as “fully cooperated” re extradition. Makes them sound like Nice People. Is “fully cooperated” relevant to homicide charges?
IOW, was press release a Nothingburger, billed as a Double Quarter Pounder ???

The driving back with his father discussion is driving me crazy. For all we know, his father liked doing that kind of thing. One poster says they would think nothing of doing it, then another says they wouldn't. It's been this way for 3 threads. JMO.
It's driving me crazy too. I've seen about a handful of comments mentioning the car was having problems....(mechanical issues?). I've asked for links because I haven't seen but nothing.

If anyone has a link or a direction to point in about this, please reply with it. If not, I promise to not bring up again.

Wait. BK is saying he’s innocent? So the question is, when he asked “had anyone else been arrested” very well could mean there’s another person? Omg help me understand lol
I'm pretty sure, given what has been described of his personality, that he just thinks he's being clever and establishing reasonable doubt for when he's tried and/or trying to play mind games with the arresting officer. MOO

BCK’s FAMILY. “SPEAKING OUT?”
Yes, per Lauren Del Valle* Tweet: “… The parents of arrested murder suspect Bryan Kohberger are speaking out for the first time in a statement released by his attorney…”
See press release by atty rep’ing their son re extradition, within the Tweet.

Not so sure parents are speaking out, as this was not a live or recorded interview w parents. Not a MSM article. Not a media release issued by parents’ atty or PR consultant. Not even a post by parents on their FB, Insta., etc.

The release attributes the offer of sympathy to victims’ families (not that I question BCK's family's feelings, sure they are sympathetic) and claim of full cooperation, as being said by BCK’s family.

Tho the heading is "Press Release, Re Kohberger FAMILY"(capped, bbm), it was issued by Jason LaBar, Chief PD "Counsel for Mr. Kohberger." Doubt that LaBar is also rep’ing parents or other fam members.

A minor, even irrelevant matter? Not forecasting any impact on crim case against BCK. imo jmo moo
Just noting that Lauren Del Valle’s Tweet said PARENTS were speaking out.
Did atty LaBar take LIBERTY IN DRAFTING this press release?

[[[ETA. Still not caught up on reading, but adding this from subsequent Tweet Sorry no link, atm) by Lauren:
“This is the same attorney that BK used. By taking BK's parents on as clients, he has made himself a witness.
Oops hit enter and didn't finish my thought.
What this means is that anything BK told LaBar is discoverable by the prosecution.”

Me again: I doubt BCK’s parents or other fam engaged LaBar to rep them. I imagine LaBar took some LIBERTY IN DRAFTING this press release. Imo jmo moo]]]

*CNN Profiles - Lauren del Valle - Producer
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos › profiles › lauren-del-valle
Lauren del Valle is a Producer in CNN's New York Bureau.

“FULLY COOPERATED?” Any Substance in Atty's Press Release?

@sds71 Thanks for posting ^ Tweet.* This caught my attn. "...as a family we... support our son and brother. We have fully cooperated with law enforcement agencies...."
I’m curious. Whose words?** And which LE agencies? What did LE ask? Extradition related questions?

LaBar is rep'ing BCK on extradition matter only (not ID. crim charges) and IIUC, EXTRADITION issues in this case boil down to 1. BCK's identity & 2. His location at time of crimes. Welcoming correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

On second issue, what could fam member say?
Something like this, likely true: On Nov. 13, I did not see BCK, & we did not talk, text, communicate, etc. I assume he was in his apt in Pullman, WA. but have no facts to support that.
Or something like this, likely not true & easily refuted/disproven w digital records: On Nov. 13 from 1:00 a.m. til noon CMT, I FaceTimed w BCK several times and I saw him at the Marriott Resort in Cancun Mexico swimming pool on the beach & heard the ocean waves crashing in the background.

BTW
What is LaBar's basis for asserting in that release --- family “fully cooperated” w LE? Did BCK say that family members fully cooperated? Or did fam members say that? Did LE say that? Did anyone other than LaBar say that?

Seems atty LaBar could characterize either of ^ answers as “fully cooperated” re extradition. Makes them sound like Nice People. Is “fully cooperated” relevant to homicide charges?
IOW, was press release a Nothingburger, billed as a Double Quarter Pounder ???

Just some opinions I have

BK will plead not guilty.His defense will challenge every single piece of evidence on on as many different grounds possible.He will be heavily involved in his defense and it will be noticeable at trial.All DNA evidence will be challenged by DNA Defense experts lasting weeks of what some would call" boring" testimony . In the end he will be found guilty and sentenced to death. Post trial he will always maintain his innocence and he will have a following of people who believe in his innocence and will fight for his freedom. His appeals will go on for years and years..
I agree with most everything you stated. In my opinion, the trial is part of his original plan. I am not suggesting he intended to be apprehended. However, in planning this sick Fantasy of his in advance, he would have to account for the possibility of eventually being caught. Now, the next part of his plan will be to make a complete public spectacle of the trial where he will be the center of the world’s attention, trying to outsmart the science and the prosecutors. I am very optimistic for the prosecutors however. With all of the resources dedicated to this investigation, I am certain that they have gone through every possible angle of attack against the defense could raise to rebut the evidence they have accumulated. That is why I believe law-enforcement has overwhelming evidence consisting of surveillance images, cell phone data, social media connections, and DNA evidence all tying to the suspect. All MOO of course.

I have not read everything here. I have read things all over the net.
I will not repeat things I have read, per T&C.....but based on things I have read, I believe from, here on out, this is all thrilling for him. IMO, he looks forward to challenging his challengers. He still thinks he can outsmart them. His narcissism is that great. I think he really does look forward to a trial.

I think he was obsessed with committing the perfect crime and not getting caught and actually using it all as part of a thesis and maybe a book.

I think he will still make a book from this. And while criminals cannot profit from their crimes, we all know there are ways to do so in a round about way.

I have not figured out yet why these victims. As usual, life is so busy, I cannot dedicate as much time as I would like and used to back in the days of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias where I literally could sit and watch the trial all day long.

On that note, I wonder if his trial will be live or closed to cameras.

Just my thoughts on my opinions.
I hope I can catch up somewhat here.

May everyone have a blessed 2023!

I'm pretty sure, given what has been described of his personality, that he just thinks he's being clever and establishing reasonable doubt for when he's tried and/or trying to play mind games with the arresting officer. MOO
yeah, some ridiculous plan B - "IF" he was arrested at his parent's house. Starting up some nonsense early on. Now denying that to his temp lawyer (who he has given permission to release random statements)

It's driving me crazy too. I've seen about a handful of comments mentioning the car was having problems....(mechanical issues?). I've asked for links because I haven't seen but nothing.

If anyone has a link or a direction to point in about this, please reply with it. If not, I promise to not bring up again.
The only reference I've seen to the car in MSM regarding its functioning is this CNN article that claims he was seen having it serviced once he got home. But there's no indication there was actually anything wrong with it. My guess is he might have often had it serviced during school breaks at a place he is familiar with and when he has more spare time--I sure did when I was in college--and it was just a regularly scheduled maintenance appointment rather than anything being wrong with the car. In that case, breaking it may have looked more suspicious than just going through with it in his mind. MOO

yeah, some ridiculous plan B - "IF" he was arrested at his parent's house. Starting up some nonsense early on. Now denying that to his temp lawyer (who is has given permission to release random statements)
After sitting in jail for a couple of days, he may have changed his mind about his approach. LOL Maybe he thought he'd be terribly mysterious and cryptic and now he's decided he'd rather not. The lawyer might have even told him that was really dumb to have said anything, and now he's trying to crawfish out of it.

Unless he tipped the Idaho State Police about someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288