Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does. One of the Mods pointed us to it a while back. We've had some chatter here about that. Some prefer us to talk about KAK only on his thread, some of us (like me) prefer to talk about KAK here if it seems to have anything to do with the Delphi murders.

Well, who knew ??? LOL
I apparently did not know there was a separate thread just for KAK as I do see most chat about him in here.

I know there was one for JBC

thank you for letting me know and sharing the link :)

I'm not particularly adept in interpreting legal language, but I feel like items 5 and 6 might be the defense looking for discovery evidence related to NMcL's claim of "other actors." Thoughts?

ETA: I just saw @FrostedGlass's post about the new MS podcast, which seems to discuss my questions. I haven't listened yet, so thanks FrostedGlass for bringing it to my attention!
To me, the most interesting one was the one about the grand jury. I've always felt that the Caroll County Sheriffs Office did not to take KAK to an AF base to question. But they would need, imo, him in person if he was testifying in a grand jury. Couple that with the confidential informant and I believe both refer to KAK and Friend #1 from the interview who I also believe, just in my opinion, is a relative as well

The question of witnesses to statements by RA over the last 5 years is interesting IMO

The double murders were a huge event in a small community, sparking international coverage.

RA was at the crime scene, according to his own statements, only minutes before the killer struck.

It would seem remarkable if RA had not discussed the murders with acquaintances, colleagues etc in this small community down the years. What did he say?

Did he mention that he was so proximate to the action to other witnesses? Or did he never mention it for some mysterious reason? It would seem a fair bet he has at least discussed the murders in passing with others who will now give testimony.

Such testimony would not be proof of what RA did or did not do on that day, but it would be interesting if his statements did not align with his initial statement, or his final interview with LE.

The question of witnesses to statements by RA over the last 5 years is interesting IMO

The double murders were a huge event in a small community, sparking international coverage.

RA was at the crime scene, according to his own statements, only minutes before the killer struck.

It would seem remarkable if RA had not discussed the murders with acquaintances, colleagues etc in this small community down the years. What did he say?

Did he mention that he was so proximate to the action to other witnesses? Or did he never mention it for some mysterious reason? It would seem a fair bet he has at least discussed the murders in passing with others who will now give testimony.

Such testimony would not be proof of what RA did or did not do on that day, but it would be interesting if his statements did not align with his initial statement, or his final interview with LE.

I wonder if he did mention it to friends as then surely anybody with eyes would of said “ that’s him on the bridge” if they had known he was there mins before the crime occurred.

Moo

RA's defense team is not going to claim anybody planted the bullet; they're going to dispute the claim that it's his bullet—period—in my opinion. Experts challenge ballistics evidence all the time, and there is not nearly the same body of research behind this kind of identification as there is behind ballistics matches with bullets that have actually been fired.

All the defense attorneys are going to try to do is create doubt. They don't have to prove that RA is innocent.

I think that it will come down to what evidence prosecutors have that has not been made public yet.

I've read that RA kept the jacket that he allegedly wore that day. If that's true, then investigators will rip that jacket to shreds looking for blood evidence containing either Abby or Libby's DNA. If they find any, it's game over for RA: he'll be convicted, sentenced to death, and executed, in my opinion.

If the crime scene was a bloody as we've been led to believe, then that DNA from one of the victims should be in the jacket. If there is none, then that will give the defense team another opportunity to try to create doubt, in my opinion.
100%. Imo. Never said anything different respectively.

LE planting evidence makes no sense, IMO.
Op didn’t claim LE planted evidence… OP made a general claim of possibility and I asked OP if they had a certain person in mind that would plant evidence (its quite the claim to make imo). End of discussion. Tia

My guess is this will be a big problem in the defence case
I would think so, except for one problem the prosecution will have. I think it makes the investigation look very weak and problematic, that a public officer took that report and it fell through the cracks immediately.

They had access to a man, fitting the description, that admitted to be at the scene of the crime, and they dismiss it as unfounded and don't follow up on it for years.

Happy New Year to you all.

It is a relief that Abby and Libby’s loved ones are not starting another new year and facing the 6th anniversary of Abby and Libby’s murders without anyone who is allegedly responsible for their deaths being arrested. They continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as they face a very stressful year ahead attending Court hearings, wait for the Judge to make rulings, face potential legal disputes between the prosecutors and defence attorneys and possible legal delays. Hopefully a lot of progress will be made with the legal process and it will be possible for the trial to go ahead when both the prosecution and the attorneys for the defendant are fully prepared and ready. I may be wrong and you may disagree with me but personally I don’t think the trial will be happening this year I think it may happen in spring 2024 at the earliest.

The prosecutors and the alleged perpetrator’s defence attorneys are going to need sufficient time to prepare for trial, find expert witnesses to testify in relation to the forensic evidence etc. I still think it is highly likely there will be a change of venue for the trial to another location in Indiana. I’m sure you will agree that it is critically important that the defendant gets a fair trial and if the jury finds the defendant guilty his conviction cannot be overturned on appeal. I look forward to the day the legal process has concluded and never having to see the defendant’s face in the news anymore.

I would think so, except for one problem the prosecution will have. I think it makes the investigation look very weak and problematic, that a public officer took that report and it fell through the cracks immediately.

They had access to a man, fitting the description, that admitted to be at the scene of the crime, and they dismiss it as unfounded and don't follow up on it for years.
I can't help but wonder how much taxpayer money was wasted running thousands of tips to ground when the case could have been solved within days.

I can't help but wonder how much taxpayer money was wasted running thousands of tips to ground when the case could have been solved within days.

Was he dismissed as a POI? i thought they said it was “misfiled” and then blamed the FBI.
A DNR CO is an LE officer with detective training that handles crime on park and forest lands, just like sheriffs are county, police are city and troopers are highways.
The CO should have called his/her supervisor and the sheriff or detective in charge immediately.

I hope previous DA Ives was right, that once they have the person the evidence is there to convict.

Was he dismissed as a POI? i thought they said it was “misfiled” and then blamed the FBI.
A DNR CO is an LE officer with detective training that handles crime on park and forest lands, just like sheriffs are county, police are city and troopers are highways.
The CO should have called his/her supervisor and the sheriff or detective in charge immediately.

I hope previous DA Ives was right, that once they have the person the evidence is there to convict.
I don't think we have heard that. Could be that his attorneys are fishing for documentation that mst him that way

Biggest criminal murder trials set to begin in 2023​

March 20 — Richard Allen (Indiana)

Richard Allen, 50, will stand trial on March 20, 2023, for the 2017 murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi, Indiana.

Allen was arrested on Oct. 28 and charged with two counts of first-degree murder. He pleaded not guilty to the charges shortly after in an initial hearing.

Williams and German were reported missing on Feb. 13, 2017, and their bodies were found the next day on the Delphi Historic Trail. No details were originally released on the evidence that led to Allen's arrest due to a court order sealing the probable cause affidavit.

Which is probably what helped get him on LE radar. I can't imagine between actual witnesses and townsfolk that people weren't saying it's him. If I had to bet I'd say they were on to him rather quickly. They simply couldn't talk about it, nor should they.

They had access to a man, fitting the description, that admitted to be at the scene of the crime, and they dismiss it as unfounded and don't follow up on it for years
I'll assume that's your assertion. I say they did nothing of the sort. Unless I missed the part that LE said they dismissed it, my assertion is the exact opposite.

IIRC, supposedly it was a clerical error.
In addition, USA Gymnastics (Larry Nassar case) conducted an internal investigation concerning allegations to the FBI’s Indy office. However, it took months for the bureau to open an initial investigation. There wasn’t much urgency on their part to assist in the matter. Of course in MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member