ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why release make of car at all?
I think they had make of car very early and released details for public info as they knew list of owners was quite long.

Everything is very deliberate and well thought.
They only release info if they think it will help solve the case, not to satiate our curiousity.

I think it's just a mistake albeit potentially a bad one.
They probably had a somewhat blurry side view of car and were certain it was a 2011 to 2013 model although the differences were pretty negligible.
The hubcap difference between 2013 and 2015 is substantial.
Maybe he had a set of 2013s he used that night to undermine identication.

some info about the Latah County prosecutor. Interesting guy.

I for one do not believe it until I have another source.

You think so? I thought so immediately as well, but was persuaded by others' opinions. I sincerely hope so and am waiting impatiently to know. Sticking a GPS tracker on his car, though, would have been cheap and easy (and allow them to send teams out to search for evidence disposal at each place he stopped - but the reason I thought they had an actual car following him is so that LE could roll up to every place he got gas/ate/stopped to check the trash and surroundings for evidence).

Oh, I hope so. "Well choreographed ballet" is a phrase that's making my New Year's Day much more happy.

Which he surely had to have (both in terms of rules and everyday reality).

No group of people more likely to turn someone in for not having a permit than other students,
A friend who works in Federal court, explained to me the process that LE would have followed to get permission from a judge to put a tracker on the car. Not a difficult process as long as LE presented adequate evidence. LE may have had GPS tracker and eyes-on surveillance.

Bradley Warren
47m ·
UPDATE from Pennsylvania-
01/02-
This is the jail where Bryan Kohberger is being held.
-The procedural hearing for extradition will take place at 3:30– I’ll be in court.
-A prison guard told me he’s been on the ground, facing the wall, not talking.
-It looks like he’ll be back in Latah County in about 72 hours after the hearing.
-Kohberger has told his public defender he believes he will be exonerated.
I’ll keep you posted on our website and Nonstop streaming channel.

BBM

How weird!

"He’s normally a very late-night person, going to the bathroom and vacuuming at 1 or 12 in the morning,” the neighbor told the New York Post on Sunday. “I have kids, so sometimes I thought of speaking to him or complaining, but never did.”
“It seemed like he never slept because he was always doing something all night,” she added.

IMO, neighbor of BK is probably thanking their lucky stars they never filed complaint - if you know what I mean...

Or, taking the example from the PA brewery….. maybe if they’d ever complained he would’ve felt so ashamed, embarrassed & exposed that he’d have packed up all his stuff & moved away ! If only…
Jk jmo

There is no purest definition, as evidenced by this article which describes the origin of the word. *hint* It was coined by a woman as an inclusive term.

thank you very much for posting this article.
History can be so illuminating. I can see now, how this term was hyjacked.

ahhh. The Euphamism Treadmill.

A smart kid takes advanced courses in high school, receives a scholarship, graduates with a bachelors at 21 like Kaylee. and could do masters at 23, PhD by 25
Not genius to earn a MA at 28, he is FIVE years behind peers
This means he has always been one of the oldest in his college classes, he doesn’t fit

I think he is squarely within the average age range for a PhD. I don't know any 25 year old PhD grads - lots in their early 30s though, and even many in their 40s or 50s. IME He would not have stuck out for age-related reasons in a graduate program. I think he didn't fit simply because many people thought he was creepy or weird.

Bradley Warren
47m ·
01/02-
-The procedural hearing for extradition will take place at 3:30– I’ll be in court.
-It looks like he’ll be back in Latah County in about 72 hours after the hearing.

Thank you for posting. I'm not on Facebook. For clarification Latah County is in Idaho.

Bradley Warren
47m ·
01/02-

Supposedly he’s been “on the ground, facing the wall, not talking” — it will be interesting to see how this plays out when he gets to Idaho.

ETA: I wonder if the theatrics are because he is upset he got caught or if they are part of some plan he has (either to maintain his innocence or to try and gain notoriety).

Throwing in my 2 cents as a vegetarian... I checked their menu online, and it though it does say "ask about our vegan/vegetarian options" Greek food is not generally a good choice for a vegan especially - though most dishes could be made without meat, there is a lot of cheese/eggs used that would not be suitable for a vegan. FWIW, MOO
LOL I wonder how many butchers of the human animal are vegan. I think he was a veggie to lose weight and have something to pick arguments about. He certainly was not repulsed by mammalian blood. jmo

Or was it brilliant?

BCK might not of snapped to this and was assuming "everyone" was looking for the wrong car so he thinks he has fooled LE
Half the time people suggest LE is trying to make the suspect sweat so he'll make some mistake, half the time people suggest LE is trying to make the suspect feel safe so he doesn't bolt. I don't really see strong advantages to either proposition.

But if it was LE's intention to make this suspect feel safe, why release any information on the vehicle at all?

Why release make of car at all?
I think they had make of car very early and released details for public info as they knew list of owners was quite long.

Everything is very deliberate and well thought.
They only release info if they think it will help solve the case, not to satiate our curiousity.

I think it's just a mistake albeit potentially a bad one.
They probably had a somewhat blurry side view of car and were certain it was a 2011 to 2013 model although the differences were pretty negligible.

1. ...Why release make of car at all?

Exactly. You have the answer right at the front of your eyes. The list was long and they needed tip-offs to shorten and as quick as possible that long list to more manageable one. They knew (from the crime scene) the time is viral as he may kill again.

2. Everything is very deliberate and well thought.

It did not satiate mine, I knew they were onto something and waited to see where it goes. Around that time i stopped commenting here and was only reading the news.

Besides, their tactics obviously helped as they had the tip-off they needed to move with their strategical goal - arrest & conviction.

The moment, Chief Fry said they want not only arrest but a conviction, he sent a signal that they know Who Did It and are building stringer their case. That was the turning point.

3 I think it's just a mistake albeit potentially a bad one.

With all due respect, i tend to differ. LE and FBI are not here to please anyone, they have to catch killers. Their tactics, as long as they do not break the law, are entirely up to them.

If they had appealed for info on white Elantra 2015 and BK had disappeared because he would know that sooner than later LE will get him as he was driving same make of car , whose fault would that be? I know, for sure.

In this case, your curiosity would have been satisfied, but the killer of 4 people would have been out there, free to kill again. How about that scenario?

4. They probably had a somewhat blurry side view of car and were certain it was a 2011 to 2013 model although the differences were pretty negligible.

It is a speculation what they had and what they hadn't. I do not know, so I cannot comment.

I think, LE & FBI did brilliant job, so far. Brilliant! Well done!

Whe LE released car info on Dec 7th they only said seen near crime scene.

….

Authorities announced on Dec. 7 that they're looking to speak with the occupant or occupants of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra that was in the "immediate area" of the victims' house in Moscow in the early hours of Nov. 13, when the crimes occurred.

Then on Dec 13th the car was seen on cctv from the morning of Nov 13 at gas station.

That tip gave them some direction the cehicle traveled. What hasn’t been said is whether they were able to find more after that.

Jmo

I’ve also wondered if he took pictures or even a video of the crime. As he does not seem to have a social media presence- his intention would not be to share online to a community.
To revisit the crime scene virtually, I think so
To have them become part of historical record like other killers he has studied, I think so

I agree that he may intend to play games, where is the evidence Nov 13-Dec 30??

Someone has convinced him he is brilliant, and the media seems convinced. He cannot be.
A smart kid takes advanced courses in high school, receives a scholarship, graduates with a bachelors at 21 like Kaylee. and could do masters at 23, PhD by 25
Not genius to earn a MA at 28, he is FIVE years behind peers
This means he has always been one of the oldest in his college classes, he doesn’t fit

Why an inflated sense of self? Psychology is not the path of a criminal genius.
Psychology is toward neuroscience, a BA and MA avoids the math and science.
A PhD would include graduate level statistics. Where is his math and science background?

I guess he chose the knife because it is close and lets off anger and shows he is physically strong. But, that came with consequences…and he does not understand the nature of a stabbing in terms of forensic evidence- arterial blood spurt, blood splatter, cast off, DNA.

We overestimated this guy
So, What was his point? A degree began, a crime done halfway, a poor application of what he had learned?
The stabbings of four intoxicated young people in their sleep
Eluded capture for not quite two months
In hindsight this crime can’t be viewed by him or anyone as genius Or a Perfect Crime

It seems the criminal flop of an educated socially awkward <modsnip>, does it not?
A wake of destruction- and fear- for what?

JMO
I disagree to some extent. I’m not sure if you have been in college in the United States lately but there are MANY MANY people his age and older still attempting bachelor degrees. I don’t think 28 is old or out of the norm for a graduate degree. If anything, more the norm. Are there some young kids who graduate sooner, sure, but many do not. I think his age is of no significance to his level of intelligence. I do not doubt this man is intelligent either. He surely is! Probably above average, but it is the lack of social norms that sets him aside from others. One can be exceedingly intelligent but lack the ability to match the “street smarts” or “common sense” that some maybe less intelligent people have. Without both of those, he will surely make mistakes in his logic. I agree that he is clearly a narcissist and believes himself to be smarter than others. I know someone who has similar narcissistic qualities, and these types of people do not fear authority. They actually love the challenge and look for opportunities to flaunt how smart they are.

Regarding the math and science? Both would be requirements for his bachelors and masters programs. So to get his bachelors degree, he would be required to complete statistics of psychology, for example. Once in the graduate program. He would be required to do the same again but for the criminology program - each class studying statistics, but based on the subject being learned. These are requirements for degrees here in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
plus the misrepresentation of online rumours as facts.
They don't even read.
#Klikbait
Yes, I am shocked about that. Turning online rumours into facts. If they are indeed facts - could be - that won't come out until hearings and trial etc. (Sorry I may not be using the correct legal terminology, but hope you all know what I mean.)

He’s been studying the minds of killers/criminals for his masters program and now the PhD program. It seems likely that the much thought went into what to do with the murder weapon, IMO. How did other serial killers hide/dispose of their weapons, he would have been curious about IMO
Yes! Find out which ones he studied the most and assume he followed some of their ideas. Just my opinion.

I am just returning to this site. Not here since Jon-Benet. I want to congratulate the Moscow PD for early calling in help from FBI and others so that this case can be solved. Seems like brilliant work all around from all those involved. So many times I have seen egos and turf wars get in the way of cooperation. Much respect to all involved in working to solve this horrendous crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member