DE - Susan Ledyard, 50, found dead in river (suspected homicide), Wilmington, 23 July 2019

The husband has now already remarried to a younger woman that lived a few blocks away from there house

He has lied about Susan taking ambien as well to try and push the narrative of her being a drunk with taking pills

he stop quickly helping with the family soon as it came out she was killed

I would love to know the insurance policy on her with him since he moved on so quickly

I just listened to the unsolved mysteries podcast on this case. This is kind of local to me (I’m in PA, ~30 mins away) and have never heard of it before. I listened to another podcast from Crimepedia, which had a bit more details than the UM podcast. A couple questions I have after listening to the podcasts:

How heavily was Susan’s husband investigated after this incident? It’s suspicious to me that he wouldn’t have known she never came to bed that night when he woke up. Also that he said she took ambien and there was no ambien in her system, that he waited 1.5 hours upon receiving the call that her car was found abandoned to go get the car, and that, per the Crimepedia podcast, he went to a Rolling Stones concert the night she was found dead. A concert that his future wife who he married after Susan’s death, had also attended that same night, per the podcast. Police have said he cooperated, but family said he wasn’t very involved in trying to solve Susan’s murder. Interesting, you think you would want to see Justice in your wife’s murder. Just suspicious behavior IMO.

If she left the house and went to meet someone, I would think there would be some kind of digital evidence, text, emails, social media messages, between her and this individual, to show she was meeting up with someone. This leads me to believe she was not meeting someone. We do know she was using her phone that evening up until about 3 am, I believe the UM podcast states.

I just listened to the unsolved mysteries podcast on this case. This is kind of local to me (I’m in PA, ~30 mins away) and have never heard of it before. I listened to another podcast from Crimepedia, which had a bit more details than the UM podcast. A couple questions I have after listening to the podcasts:

How heavily was Susan’s husband investigated after this incident? It’s suspicious to me that he wouldn’t have known she never came to bed that night when he woke up. Also that he said she took ambien and there was no ambien in her system, that he waited 1.5 hours upon receiving the call that her car was found abandoned to go get the car, and that, per the Crimepedia podcast, he went to a Rolling Stones concert the night she was found dead. A concert that his future wife who he married after Susan’s death, had also attended that same night, per the podcast. Police have said he cooperated, but family said he wasn’t very involved in trying to solve Susan’s murder. Interesting, you think you would want to see Justice in your wife’s murder. Just suspicious behavior IMO.

If she left the house and went to meet someone, I would think there would be some kind of digital evidence, text, emails, social media messages, between her and this individual, to show she was meeting up with someone. This leads me to believe she was not meeting someone. We do know she was using her phone that evening up until about 3 am, I believe the UM podcast states.
Wilmington is a very small town and people who have influential friends are treated differently. It’s just a fact. I don’t mean that as a poor reflection on the local police work, because I know many of them and how hard they work in general. But I do think when it comes to judges granting warrants, etc, those connections do come into play. MOO, JMO, etc etc.

From the link^

Officers found a bloodied Stephanie Ledyard, her eyes battered and what officers described in an arrest affidavit with a “severe laceration” to her head and dried blood on her clothes.

Stephanie Ledyard told police that Ledyard had been drinking and playing loud music and that she asked him to turn the music down, the arrest warrant said. They began arguing and Ledyard told his wife that “tonight I’m going to definitely give you a good beating,” then picked up a cue stick for billiards and “started swinging” it at her.

WTW??? This is outrageous - so scary, jeez... I'm sure we all hope she gets out quickly.

I am hoping for re-arrest any day now. I have a feeling he had help, or that someone else AT LEAST knows exactly what happened to Susan. I suspect that person might now have a good enough reason to turn on him. Fingers crossed. Just my opinion.

Somehow I missed this update. Hopefully it will finally bring some justice for Susan. I always thought it was the husband. This one and Anna’s husband. Because if I go missing or turn up dead, my husband would move the world to find me or my killer, and not quietly.

And this just solidifies my feelings of never getting married again if something were to happen to my husband. I don’t want to go missing and I like the tips of my pinkies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back