Identified! SC - Lugoff, Kershaw Co, Adult Female, found in clothing donation bin, 31 Dec 2022 - Lesley Lemoine

Ozoner

Former Member
Reaction score

"Kershaw County Coroner David West said the body was discovered in a clothing donation bin between Lugoff Toyota and Camden West Inn at around 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, December 31.

"West added that there were no signs of how the victim died but the body has been in the bin for months and the body was 'virtually mummified.'

"Officials from the Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office said deputies believe it is an adult female based on the clothing located on the body."

Body found in SC clothing donation bin gives hope for family of missing loved one

KERSHAW COUNTY, S.C. (WACH) — Just days after a body was found in a clothing donation bin in Kershaw county, a family is hoping the discovery brings them one step closer to closure. Officials say it could be a while before we learn whose body they found.

With so much still unknown some have hope it’s their missing loved one.

“He said, we found a body, and it could be your mom", said Hannah Gates, who received a call from a Kershaw County detective suggesting the body could be her missing mother.

Gates last saw her 46-year-old mother Lesley Lemoine 9 months ago and is still searching for answers. A part of her hopes the remains will turn out to be her mother's to give her and her family some closure.

"I have been praying for closure", said Gates. "For me, for my 10-year-old sister, we just need some finality, to this whole thing.”

Body found in SC clothing donation bin gives hope for family of missing loved one

KERSHAW COUNTY, S.C. (WACH) — Just days after a body was found in a clothing donation bin in Kershaw county, a family is hoping the discovery brings them one step closer to closure. Officials say it could be a while before we learn whose body they found.

With so much still unknown some have hope it’s their missing loved one.

“He said, we found a body, and it could be your mom", said Hannah Gates, who received a call from a Kershaw County detective suggesting the body could be her missing mother.

Gates last saw her 46-year-old mother Lesley Lemoine 9 months ago and is still searching for answers. A part of her hopes the remains will turn out to be her mother's to give her and her family some closure.

"I have been praying for closure", said Gates. "For me, for my 10-year-old sister, we just need some finality, to this whole thing.”
I didn't see a thread for Lesley Lemoine, so I created one.

I'm not sure whether this is a case of foul play or a case of someone who was mentally ill or on drugs or perhaps seeking shelter.

When I was a kid, my mom warned me not to play on or climb on those donation bins because you can get trapped inside. She told me stories of homeless people who got trapped whilst trying to retrieve clothes from them. IMO, that's what happened here. Very sad.

Yes, I did hear about the homeless climbing into clothing bins for warmth and shelter....so sad.
I agree, this could be what happened in this case. Unless someone heard you, I would imagine it would be difficult getting yourself out.

I didn't see a thread for Lesley Lemoine, so I created one.

I'm not sure whether this is a case of foul play or a case of someone who was mentally ill or on drugs or perhaps seeking shelter.
I'm not sure either. I believe Ms. Lemoine was last seen at the MacDonald, which is very near this clothing bin.

Obviously, this one hadn't been emptied in a while.

Someone on another site implied that the body might have been there for decades because the bin contained VHS tapes, but as a library volunteer and someone who loves thrift stores, VHS tapes still get donated, and the thrift stores appear to sell enough of them to justify stocking them.

Obviously, this one hadn't been emptied in a while.

Someone on another site implied that the body might have been there for decades because the bin contained VHS tapes, but as a library volunteer and someone who loves thrift stores, VHS tapes still get donated, and the thrift stores appear to sell enough of them to justify stocking them.
It apparently hadn't been emptied in years (although Lesley had only been missing for nine or ten months).

I wonder how common it is for those donation bins to go years without being emptied. There's no telling how many other clothing donation bins around the country have bodies in them.

It's possible that Lesley entered the bin herself if she was homeless and seeking shelter or mentally ill or on drugs, but there hasn't been much information about her in the press.

Murderers have been known to place victims' bodies in places that are semi-accessible but don't get checked very often such as donation bins, culverts, and manholes. (There is no doubt in my mind that many, many missing-person cases in the U.S. could be resolved if every manhole in the country were opened and carefully checked.)

A cause of death has not yet been determined as lab results are still pending. Deputies say the investigation into what they are calling a “suspicious death” is ongoing.

Poor woman. Rest easy now.

At least her daughter has some kind of divinity, as she said herself.

Oh no. I've seen people go in these things before to get stuff out. I wonder if she just got stuck and couldn't get out?
It's possible. I doubt that she had a vehicle with because LE would have known to look in the clothes bin if her vehicle had been abandoned near it. That's why I'm wondering whether it was a weird situation where she was living on the streets. If she wasn't, then you have to consider foul play.

I remember a case many years ago where a serial killer left a body right next to a "No Littering" sign as a sick joke. I can see a sadistic killer leaving a body in a donation bin as if to say, "Here, I'm done with her, you can have her."

It apparently hadn't been emptied in years (although Lesley had only been missing for nine or ten months).

I wonder how common it is for those donation bins to go years without being emptied. There's no telling how many other clothing donation bins around the country have bodies in them.

It's possible that Lesley entered the bin herself if she was homeless and seeking shelter or mentally ill or on drugs, but there hasn't been much information about her in the press.

Murderers have been known to place victims' bodies in places that are semi-accessible but don't get checked very often such as donation bins, culverts, and manholes. (There is no doubt in my mind that many, many missing-person cases in the U.S. could be resolved if every manhole in the country were opened and carefully checked.)
It may simply have been forgotten, or one of those things where everyone assumed someone else had done it.

Even without a body in there, that thing had to be nasty, because things have a tendency to turn to compost when left out in the elements.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back