ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the PCA, it says redacted at the end of page 1, but then picks up after an entire blank page at page 2. I’ll include pics and links for clarity. My questions are:

1. Is there an entire page redacted? If yes, what might that suggest? Could it include specific information about the crime that only the killer would know?
2. Am I reading this wrong and pg 2 isn’t missing?
Link
It seems to be information from the coroner about X and E's bodies. The redaction begins with a reference to an autopsy report and ends with a reference to the county medical examiner's quote on someone's wounds.

Information on M and K are further down and don't seem to be redacted.

That type of sheath has a thick leather loop that your belt goes throuh to secure it to your body. He either didnt have it on his belt, or his belt was removed at some point. No way it could accidentally slip off, IMO.
In the PCA, it states that DNA was found on the bottom snap of the sheath. Perhaps the sheath was a snap on type and unsnapped of
during the murders?

The question I have is why kill any of them let alone four; yet leave a potential witness? A desire to do something like this and not get caught or something building in his head for years/decades? Just odd to me. Hoping something comes out as to why.
It sounds like the perp himself was also under a lot of pressure. He (is alleged to have) made some glearing "errors" such as leaving behind DNA evidence on the knife sheath, and of course leaving a witness alive. It must have been dark so that he did not see that he had dropped the sheath, or that was being observed by DM, in the latter I believe partly because she did not confront him (perhaps the others did?) and he did not otherwise know she was at home. If he had not (allegedly) dropped the sheath, would the perp have left no DNA at all?

I admittedly have to wonder why DM didn't call police, text someone to call police, xyz, but I understand this whole situation has been traumatizing to the surviving roommates. I do think there is more to the whole DM seeing him and not calling 911 situation that police and the prosecution are not revealing because they want to save it for trial (in her defense). They have kept everything very close to their chest this whole investigation, so I am waiting to see what more they have to say about that encounter in the early morning hours.

When I read the PCA, it says redacted at the end of page 1, but then picks up after an entire blank page at page 2. I’ll include pics and links for clarity. My questions are:

1. Is there an entire page redacted? If yes, what might that suggest? Could it include specific information about the crime that only the killer would know?
Link
I think it may be one of the autopsies? The last sentence seems to refer to it, and then the next sentence we see seems to just continue from before the redaction... that was my thought when I read it.

Will be interesting to see if we ever get the "Why?" part of this.
The house is off the beaten path, in a town that seems to be filled with students all living together with open doors and windows. What led him to that exact house, and those exact students? There had to have been some form of contact prior to him staking them out.
But, then again, life often has no logical reason for anything.

The push by some to include BK's parents in this and saying they just had to know are for the same reasons everyone was concocting these elaborate conspiracies to begin with blaming JD and/or "Adam", drug cartels and God knows who else. It's the same reason why - regardless of your personal thoughts - that the JFK assassination must be this elaborate conspiracy - because one angry man with a weapon just couldn't have possibly done all this.

It paints life in such a fragile light - that literally four happy, healthy and vibrant young adults could be brutally murdered in their own home by a seeming stranger. Some people's minds cannot reconcile that life can end that easily, quickly and randomly. There just has to be more to it - because that explanation would be easier to think that multiple entities conspired to kill these four and get away with it vs. a psychopath who became obsessed with murder did it all himself.

I get the fragility this paints human life and humanity in but the truth sadly is - there are evil and/or mentally disturbed people in this world who are capable of planning and executing something like this much easier than any of us would want to believe.

MOO of course.

Bringing this from the other thread. Stated very eloquently.
Things have already rapidly changed since the release of the PCA, but your words speak the truth..MOO
Thank You!

She said she saw a dark figure though. I’m confused why not call 911? IIRC who did call 911 in the afternoon the day after, another person using a roommates phone? Or am I wrong?
I'm not sure she even realized at the time that there was reason for alarm: there's no suggestion that she saw blood, or a weapon.

If you're living in a house with a number of other students, who entertain friends (and take food deliveries) at all hours, it might not be that unusual to hear someone crying in the night, or to open your door at 4am and see someone you don't recognize. She may simply have peeked out the door -- half-asleep and annoyed at the noises that kept waking her up -- thinking, "oh great, whose guest is this?" and then closed it, locked it, and gone back to bed, figuring she'd ask her roommates about later, if at all. She may even have thought she was overreacting by locking the door. I suspect it was easy to reassure herself that everything was okay when there were so many other people in the house (safety in numbers - it would be absolutely nonsensical for someone to break in with so many potential witnesses! and it was...), each had a phone, some of them were awake, and she hadn't heard anyone scream, yell for "help," or otherwise try and raise an alarm. (MOO -- and I think her statement that she was frozen "in shock" may have been a projection of how she felt once she knew what he'd actually been doing in the house. If she was truly shocked/scared in the moment, I think, as others have suggested, that she'd have summoned LE much more quickly.)

Last edited:

Link
I think it's the autopsy report that's redacted

The cops could have lied about the 911 call to protect the roommate. They are the ones that said the call came in at 11 the next day for a person that was passed out. This all could have been misdirection. We don't really know.
This is what I am wondering. So many other details that have been "released" aren't quite accurate. I wasn't sure if there was any official information really sent out yet about the call. 2 officers came to help at 4pm but no mention of when the first officers arrived on scene, unless it is part of the redacted areas. I don't know if we would know actual call details until the 911 recording is released.

Link
I'm assuming the redacted portion covers the extent of injuries to the victims and the likely gory appearance of the scene. If so, I'm personally pleased they redacted it.

This kind of killing is more indicative of a spree killing than a serial killing. Interestingly this kind of explosive killing comes more toward the END of a killer's history. I'm sure this guy has left a trail of killings going back many years. This is just the beginning of this man's resume.
THIS ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member