ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God - BK applied to be a Pullman, Washington police officer just months before the murders.
This is intriguing, do you have a link with further details? Was he rejected by LE, could that have kick started him down a dark path because he was a wannabe. Wonder if he applied to any other police departments or bureaus.

I haven't seen this addressed but the thread is moving very fast...
Another thing LE seems to have been keeping close to their vest is the alleged time of the murders. According to the affidavit 4:00 - 4:25. But before that came out, I was of the impression they were suggesting 2:00-4:00. Another way to lull the alleged perp into false sense of security? JMO and speculation.

It is confusing. But I will give her the benefit of doubt. Maybe she had been drinking or whatever. She was confused, went back to her room and fell asleep. Easy enough to understand.
Agreed. It was the norm to have guest - many people at the house, and with cold weather a mask may have not seemed out of place. Being half asleep and dog barking and not sure of what you are hearing, I get it. MOO.

Long time lurker, first time poster. This case is what brought me to Websleuths in the first place so I’ve been following every day (woo - you guys are fast today!). Have to say how refreshing this forum is and the level of respect shown for one another seems rare these days.

Anyways, I did want to provide some perspective on DM and her potential thinking that night. During my last two years of college, I lived with a group of my sorority sisters. Very similar in that we were the “party house”. It would not at all have been shocking or surprising to hear loud noises, voices, and see random people coming and going at various times through the night. I also think people underestimate how much college students do/can drink on a regular basis. Without knowing the horror that had taken place, my guess is she just thought BK was a guest that one of the roommates brought home and the combination of her being likely very intoxicated, plus exhausted and wanting to go to sleep helped her convince herself of this. She may have woken up late and been hungover and not even thought twice about the encounter with BK until she realized the other roommates weren’t up/responding as they usually might. In any case, I can’t imagine the guilt she is living with and I hope the public/media gives her some grace.

All MOO.
I want to agree with this, but she was quoted as being in a “frozen shock phase”. So if the circumstances scared her into shock, it felt different to her than being in the circumstances of a typical college party house.

Some people just freeze. AND she is very young, so (perhaps) without a ton of life experience. I feel terrible for her.

The young women he killed were all exceptionally attractive. I can't help but wonder if incel-style resentment wasn't part of the reason he targeted them. MOO.
I think we will definitely find out more, but I don't think it was random, or just to kill some people. If he was found to be in the area of their home 12 times, then he was definitely watching them. There has to be a reason and I tend to think it was rejection. I believe people who knew him have reported that he made advances, and was rejected often by women.

I agree that it's highly unlikely. For someone that is considered extremely smart, the murders look like they were committed by someone who has no experience with crimes whatsoever.

You don't think he ever bought drugs illegally? I do. That's a (low level) crime. And it involves certain traits (secretiveness, looking over one's shoulder, worrying that the seller is LE, etc.)

Being sneaky, IOW.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has also committed petty theft or that he has gone inside stranger's houses, just not gotten caught.

I just feel absolutely awful for DM (and the other survivor too). I have many thoughts on not calling 911 right then. Some theories:

1) She could have been intoxicated and either not sure of what she was seeing OR worried about getting in trouble for drinking (was she underage?)
2) Simply frozen in terror and worried he’d be back/not thinking rationally
3) Thought he was an intruder but maybe someone stealing some stuff and was too scared to make noise/talk to her roommates then so decided to wait for daylight to do so. Had no idea her friends had just been murdered.
4) Thought it was a delivery driver (Door Dash has truly just been there) or some student who wandered in drunk.

Was the mask he was wearing a surgical/Covid mask? Because wearing a mask is now not as unusual as it used to be. Could have been a Covid conscious Door Dasher for instance (in her mind). Maybe a delivery person who had asked to come in and use the bathroom? I could see many reasons she was either too terrified or too confused to call 911 immediately. MOO

Can someone help me understand this part of the affidavit? These times don’t jive with the period immediately following the murders. Are the times typos? From page 19:

“Additional analysis ofrecords for the 8458 Phone indicated that between approximately 5:32 p.m. and 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.”

Trying to catch up! From the affidavit I am curious about this:

Page 16:
Further analysis of the cellular data provided showed the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources on November 13, 2022 consistent with the Phone travelling from Pullman, Washington to Lewiston, Idaho via US Highway 195. At approximately 12:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 8 l0L6
Page 17:
Further analysis of the cellular data provided showed the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources on November 13, 2022 consistent with the Phone travelling from Pullman, Washington to Lewiston, Idaho via US Highway 195. At approximately 12:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 8 l0L6
Page 18:Additional analysis of records for the 8458 Phone indicated that between approximately5:32 p.m. and 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m.to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

What was he doing and where was he??
I wonder why they specifically mention "Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand" in the PCA.

Maybe she was unconscious, from shock?
I think it was a combination of shock, terror and then falling asleep. When I was younger and living at home with parents and sister, I awoke at 4 AM to strange voices/noise outside my windows. I was absolutely frozen in terror. I couldn't move. I couldn't look out the window. Just absolutely terrorized, but fell asleep. The next morning I heard my sister and my mother talking about the voices/noise. I had convinced myself I dreamed it, until I heard them talking about it. My sister - whose room is on the opposite side of the house from mine, was awakened by it as well. She was so scared that she got up and went to my parents' room to sleep the rest of the night. My parents did not hear anything and told my sister, she was probably dreaming. The next day I canvassed the neighborhood to see if anyone else was awakened by any noises in the middle of the night. No one else had heard it. We didn't call the police and never found out what it was.

My point is that being terrified can cause you to freeze and deny what you heard and can make you think you may have been dreaming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member