ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all slammed the door on me as I was typing a response in the last thread. lol Here is it....

Dad flew to visit BK, but opted for an intimate drive back to PA.
What's with that?
Apparently he wanted his car with him in Pennsylvania, likely to keep LE from finding it. But here's the odd thing for me... his dad flies out to drive back with BK to Pennsylvania for Christmas. That means BK was going to (likely) drive alone all that way back to WA when the visit was over. That doesn't make sense to me. He needs company one way, but not the other? Someone has wondered if it was due to a long haul during winter, but it would still be winter when he made the drive back.

Cross contamination in the lab is one of the most common ways. I'm telling you how trials work and jurors think in reality, not TV shows. Yes, DNA is an amazing piece of the puzzle, but in reality it's the smaller circumstancial things that add up to convince juries to convict. Again, you're not ever going to convict someone on DNA alone but you can with only circumstancial evidence

Whoever said the only evidence present is the DNA from the knife sheath?

The arrest affidavit contains much more, and it doesn’t have all the evidence they have.

My guess is they are still collecting evidence
LE likely will get DNA from the victims in his car, because he left the sheath at the crime scene, he had to lay the knife down on its blade

He also may have not realized he dropped the sheath- if he tried to put the knife into a sheath that was not there, he may have cut his leg or hand- and dropped his own blood and DNA at the crime scene

Without a sheath he Was walking around the house and outside to the car with the bloody knife in his hand, in the dark

Then let’s imagine what they may find on his computer, in his apartment, other things in the car, and at his parents’ home
I’m guessing they have more than enough to convict him and he will get the death penalty.

JMO

Mogen said he received a copy of the affidavit ahead of Kohberger’s court hearing Thursday morning. He only made it through the first few pages of the unredacted affidavit before he broke down.

Still, the document left him convinced that police zeroed in on the right suspect.

“There’s not much doubt,” Mogen said. “I think my family feels the same way.”

Mogen did not attend the hearing Thursday and doesn’t plan to attend future court hearings, saying it’s too difficult.

“It’s just so overwhelming to just even see that guy,” Mogen said. “I can’t imagine being in the same room as him.”

“I think I’d be honoring Maddie more by living my best life out here and not letting that consume me.”

Y'all slammed the door on me as I was typing a response in the last thread. lol Here is it....

Apparently he wanted his car with him in Pennsylvania, likely to keep LE from finding it. But here's the odd thing for me... his dad flies out to drive back with BK to Pennsylvania for Christmas. That means BK was going to (likely) drive alone all that way back to WA when the visit was over. That doesn't make sense to me. He needs company one way, but not the other? Someone has wondered if it was due to a long haul during winter, but it would still be winter when he made the drive back.
Maybe BK wasn't planning to return? Told his family he needed a break?

These threads move at light-speed! I presumed they would slow down a bit after the arrest was made, but I believe if anything they’ve picked up! I’ll be back soon to play catch-up once again. So glad I took speed reading back in 7th & 8th grades. It proves priceless on WS’s!!

K may have come into M's room after hearing the same commotion DM heard.

My understanding is that KG's room still had a bed and a coverlet. I can't recall where I read that, though.
You can see it in a picture of the house.

Attachments

• 5CE62693-3A00-46D2-BE5F-640770C0C3AC.jpeg
    5CE62693-3A00-46D2-BE5F-640770C0C3AC.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 1DD0789A-C29E-4B14-BCB7-83FFFD490939.jpeg
    1DD0789A-C29E-4B14-BCB7-83FFFD490939.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 245
Mogen said he received a copy of the affidavit ahead of Kohberger’s court hearing Thursday morning. He only made it through the first few pages of the unredacted affidavit before he broke down.

Still, the document left him convinced that police zeroed in on the right suspect.

Mogen did not attend the hearing Thursday and doesn’t plan to attend future court hearings, saying it’s too difficult.

“It’s just so overwhelming to just even see that guy,” Mogen said. “I can’t imagine being in the same room as him.”

“I think I’d be honoring Maddie more by living my best life out here and not letting that consume me.”

Probably would be best if the family didn't have to read or hear these things yet. It's so soon after their child's death to hear such horrid details. The families don't even have time to process the loss.

That entire read and comments are truly gut wrenching. That’s a man who is living a nightmare every waking moment. All the while trying to move forward and reconcile this tragedy. My heart goes out to him. JMOO.

After following the case and catching up on this very fast moving thread a few things occurred to me. First of all, this was brilliant police work. Bywithholding the information they did and slightly skewing some that was released they gave themselves the best chance at apprehending this monster and gathering evidence.
As for the crime, it’s horrific. Just horrific. I do lean most towards the theory as follows: MM was the target. Mostly because it would seem she was attacked first by the placement of the sheath, and that KG sustained different wounds per her father’s interview. IMO she probably sustained substantial defensive wounds both in trying to protect MM and herself.

I think that XK and EC were not part of his sick plan. The affidavit describes the officer as seeing XK as he approached the room and then EC. I believe he killed XK and then EC after encountering XK.

I also believe DM is extraordinarily lucky, because I don’t believe he saw her. I hope she can heal.

Returning to the scene of the crime? Classic behavior. As far as the redacted page in the affidavit, it clearly describes before and after the redacted stamp that is is an autopsy report provided by the Spokane CME dated 12/14/22.

At any rate, horrific crime. Brilliant police work. May God be with the survivors and their families, and the victims families. All JMO

I don't know how to bring a post over...but Alethea suggested that he may have been the 911 caller (plot twist). My response:

Exactly and not unheard of....

Ed Kemper did the same...after his last kill (his mother and her friend), he waited to be apprehended. Nobody came. 4 days later, he called the police from a phone booth to confess....and he hasn't stopped talking about himself since.

Lots of these guys aren't trying to commit the perfect crime ..they are feeding a desire and trying to make their mark. As always, mho.

I had not seen this posted previously, but apologies if it's old news: The FBI denies it had any involvement in requesting the Hyundai Elantra be pulled over, telling Fox News Digital in a statement that "the December 15th traffic stops conducted on the vehicle being driven by Bryan Kohberger in Indiana were not requested or directed by the FBI." (source)

This is just horrendous. What the victims went threw and what the families and survivors are going threw..I am wondering if BK met or saw K or M at that bar they go to maybe one of them turned him down or he didn't have the balls to approach them and that's where the following/stalking started.he wouldn't look out of place there . Jmoo

Puzzling. On several levels. Unless the father just wanted to hang out with his son, and enjoy a trip.

I'm going to guess BK was online right before he left his place at 2:47am. I'm guessing he was browsing their pics and/or looking at other undesirable websites (sexual, violent, or gory) to rev himself up.

I'm going to guess he made the choice to murder that day or late that night after being triggered or thinking the timing has aligned and is right (maybe K being in town).

I think he half planned/obsessed about murdering for awhile. But I sure wanting to know what his internet history was a couple days and night of the murder. JMO, MOO

Maybe he was going to swap out the Elantra with one of his parent’s cars.

I was thinking we'd find out he was going to get a new car but weird to me that he switched the registration if he planned to sell it in PA. You'd think he would have just registered online or had his mom do it in PA.

Then I thought briefly maybe he had to have it inspected since the registration was up but he just switched his registration from PA to WA so he could have done the inspection in WA - no need to head to PA.

It does not make much sense.

Whoever said the only evidence present is the DNA from the knife sheath?

The arrest affidavit contains much more, and it doesn’t have all the evidence they have.

My guess is they are still collecting evidence
LE likely will get DNA from the victims in his car, because he left the sheath at the crime scene, he had to lay the knife down on its blade

He also may have not realized he dropped the sheath- if he tried to put the knife into a sheath that was not there, he may have cut his leg or hand- and dropped his own blood and DNA at the crime scene

Without a sheath he Was walking around the house and outside to the car with the bloody knife in his hand, in the dark

Then let’s imagine what they may find on his computer, in his apartment, other things in the car, and at his parents’ home
I’m guessing they have more than enough to convict him and he will get the death penalty.

JMO
I'm not sure anyone did, but that wasn't what I was addressing in my post. I was replying to a comment stating that the DNA we know about so far made it a slam dunk case in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail