ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he claims he’s been to a party at the house before, had seen the knife, been intrigued and touched it once. He could claim a frat boy left it or gave it to one of the girls for protection. Because the house is known for welcoming parties, it’s not strange that he could have happened to overhear conversations at mad Greek and gotten word of a party. He could claim that Because he was welcomed in to party in the past he felt like he could just randomly show up for a party in the future. On the night of the murder he was in the area because he was hoping for another welcoming party. He arrives at the house expecting a party….doesn’t find one there…but parked in the area and lurked around or knocked on doors or windows of 1122. He gives up after no one answers and goes home. He later learns of the murder and feels like he can’t come forward out of the fear of being accused. The knife and dna aren’t his main concern. He tries to defend his reason for being there. Now when they have dna of his on the sheath he offers up some insight- “the real killer used this girls knife against herself! I know this because I had talked to her before and she showed me this knife…”

In my mind it all comes down to victims DNA in the car.

To take take it a step further he could even say, yeah I entered a door because it was open. There’s always a party and it’s not even burglary because I just came here to party. I ended up leaving because it seemed like no one was awake. On the way out I walked past a roommate who just stood in the doorway.

I know this is extremely hard to believe, and I know a jury might convict with what is already known. I just find it absolutely imperative that victim dna be found in that car OR some proof that the sheath belongs to BK

Just wanted to reiterate my deep
admiration for all the LE and prosecutors involved in arresting Bryan.

IMO the coordination and cooperation among all of them—-Idaho, the FBI and Pennsylvania, appear to be flawless.

It was so professional for Chief Fry and everyone involved to maintain the secrecy of this cross-country logistically complicated arrest, despite the media and public blaming Idaho LE for allegedly not knowing anything.

They gave just the info about the Elantra and kept everything else out of view in order to effect his capture.

And all of them were very circumspect in what they would and mostly wouldn’t answer in the press conferences.

All in order to pull this off with no leaks to tip off the suspect, and to not injure the case in court.

I want to say I’d like to shake the hands of all involved, which I do, (but really I’d like to marry all of them if I could)!

God bless them all and may BK get what’s coming to him.

I was reading headlines - why did he return. Wondering if he realized he dropped the sheath and went back to see about retrieving it? More likely he was curious about response, but recovery of evidence left behind may be possible? And he got spooked and left.
Either way - I feel like all the circumstantial evidence they have in the PCA definitely strongly, strongly, super strength power, point towards LE having "their man."

I wonder if they have any other DNA from the sheath that they haven't matched yet? I would laugh if he tried to plant it covered in some other DNA, not knowing about the clasp. They really filtered in on him by using the car and cell. Maybe that's why he was so brazen, he thought the planted DNA would keep them off his trail?

He's got a lot of explaining to do if he tries to argue the reverse, that it was planted in order to frame him.

I had not seen this posted previously, but apologies if it's old news: The FBI denies it had any involvement in requesting the Hyundai Elantra be pulled over, telling Fox News Digital in a statement that "the December 15th traffic stops conducted on the vehicle being driven by Bryan Kohberger in Indiana were not requested or directed by the FBI." (source)
This actually aired here in Indiana this afternoon. It’s seems that the FBI had no involvement and they were just random stops.

I'm not sure anyone did, but that wasn't what I was addressing in my post. I was replying to a comment stating that the DNA we know about so far made it a slam dunk case in and of itself.
No, it is the totality of the evidence
If his DNA on the snap of the sheath is the ONLY inculpatory evidence, and all other evidence excludes him then he should be found innocent.

And that exculpatory evidence should be pointing to someone else
Someone did it

JMO

What if he claims he’s been to a party at the house before, had seen the knife, been intrigued and touched it once. He could claim a frat boy left it or gave it to one of the girls for protection. Because the house is known for welcoming parties, it’s not strange that he could have happened to overhear conversations at mad Greek and gotten word of a party. He could claim that Because he was welcomed in to party in the past he felt like he could just randomly show up for a party in the future. On the night of the murder he was in the area because he was hoping for another welcoming party. He arrives at the house expecting a party….doesn’t find one there…but parked in the area and lurked around or knocked on doors or windows of 1122. He gives up after no one answers and goes home. He later learns of the murder and feels like he can’t come forward out of the fear of being accused. The knife and dna aren’t his main concern. He tries to defend his reason for being there. Now when they have dna of his on the sheath he offers up some insight- “the real killer used this girls knife against herself! I know this because I had talked to her before and she showed me this knife…”

To take take it a step further he could even say, yeah I entered a door because it was open. There’s always a party and it’s not even burglary because I just came here to party. I ended up leaving because it seemed like no one was awake. On the way out I walked past a roommate who just stood in the doorway.

I know this is extremely hard to believe, and I know a jury might convict with what is already known. I just find it absolutely imperative that victim dna be found in that car OR some proof that the sheath belongs to BK
That wouldn’t explain the minimum of 12 times per the affidavit that he stalked the area around and at the house prior to his mass murder.

The probable cause affidavit mentions cell tower evidence showing BK’s phone being in the area of the King St house on the 14th, but they do not believe that to be true. How can they say that?

Here is the excerpt from the PCA:
Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date. The 8458 Phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date.

If Kohberger wasn't already paranoid then being pulled over twice in Indiana, once for tailgating must have done the trick. I seldom if ever hear about anyone getting pulled over for tailgating unless there's an ulterior motive.

I'm going to guess BK was online right before he left his place at 2:47am. I'm guessing he was browsing their pics and/or looking at other undesirable websites (sexual, violent, or gory) to rev himself up.

I'm going to guess he made the choice to murder that day or late that night after being triggered or thinking the timing has aligned and is right (maybe K being in town).

I think he half planned/obsessed about murdering for awhile. But I sure wanting to know what his internet history was a couple days and night of the murder. JMO, MOO
Agreed. I just want to know why them. What was the connection?

This is a perfect scenario to describe why DNA is considered circumstantial evidence. Although I too believe a jury will convict with what is in the PCA, I'm with you in hoping they find DNA in his car.

I was reading headlines - why did he return. Wondering if he realized he dropped the sheath and went back to see about retrieving it? More likely he was curious about response, but recovery of evidence left behind may be possible? And he got spooked and left.
Either way - I feel like all the circumstantial evidence they have in the PCA definitely strongly, strongly, super strength power, point towards LE having "their man."
I think he did it for the same reason he didn't fight the extradition--he was overwhelmed with curiosity and the suspense was killing him. I think he probably waited for hours in his apartment for some sort of news of a quadruple homicide, and when he didn't get it, he drove by the house to see what was going on. Since he was never a traditional student, it may not have occurred to him that the murders wouldn't be discovered until later in the day due to people sleeping in until noon or so. MOO

I'm not sure anyone did, but that wasn't what I was addressing in my post. I was replying to a comment stating that the DNA we know about so far made it a slam dunk case in and of itself.
I believe the probable cause warrant mentioned the dna on knife sheethe at crime scene and did not mention any other dna at crime scene at this point. More may come out at trial.

This actually aired here in Indiana this afternoon. It’s seems that the FBI had no involvement and they were just random stops.
Yes! Lots of speculation, especially on other forums, that the FBI was directing the stops, in particular, to look at BK's hands? Anyway, glad to hear that rumor has been addressed and they were in fact random.

Curious question that I've often wondered but never really dug into... does a defense attorney generally know whether their client is actually guilty of the crime they are charged of? Or how does that work? I cannot imagine having motivation to build a defense case on someone I knew was guilty. But I also can't imagine the not knowing and trying to build a case. Any attorneys here to shed light?

I apologize if this has been asked or mentioned in the past, the thread is moving so quickly. But do you all think that he went to this house prior to June of 2022? Or do you think he possibly ever went inside while stalking the residence all those months?
Without evidence my guess is no…. For whatever reason after moving to Pullman he crossed paths with one of the victims and ended up where we are now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater