ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m absolutely NOT saying that this generation doesn’t understand that they need to call 911 in an emergency … I’m saying that this generation has been trained that staying hidden and silent is a way to avoid drawing attention to your location.

Edited for spelling
Interesting perspective. I’ve been taught to fight back like I knew I was going to be killed, but younger generations may be being taught differently.

There has been a lot of speculation about the knife being K-bar military etc. and was BK in ROTC or have family in the military. I found this pic, (see it in the link below). In it, BK has his arm around someone who appears to be wearing a military uniform. Don't want to stretch things out of the realm of possibility, but IMO could be a connection.

I'm not commenting on the alleged drug use or anything else, just noticed the picture.

Bryan Kohberger's 'shocked' ex-classmate claims Idaho murder suspect used heroin in high school | MEAWW
It looks more like someone in a band uniform to me, IMO.

I really have to ask… why on earth was he pulled over for so many traffic stops? Not just talking about the 2 in Indiana, I’m talking even before the murder. Is it normal to be pulled over that many times in the States? I’m in another country but even so I’ve had my licence for about 15 years and I drive almost daily and I’ve only been pulled over once and that was for a random breath test.

Here’s what really has my attention: how was he was already driving by their house in June when he didn’t move out there until August? Is it possible that he found their social media accounts while still living in PA (the girls’ IG’s are public), became obsessed, and chose a university for his Ph.D program that was specifically near them so he could stalk IRL instead of online? That sounds insane, but how else to explain that he was scoping out a random street in Idaho two months before his semester at WSU started?
It says June because that's the period police analyzed. Doesn't mean he was driving around their house in June.

"I was able to determine estimated locations for the 8458 Phone from June 2022 to present, the time period authorized by the court. The records for the 8458 Phone show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of I 122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13,2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early moming hous oftheir respective days."

Question: Didn’t LE say they found epithelial cells in the sink drain, once they took it apart? Maybe Bryan was in that bathroom there by Dylan’s room, cleaning up real quick, before she spotted him. He may not have even realized she was there, still riding an adrenaline rush and thinking he was “done”.

Also, the sheath, the sheath, the sheath. I don't think it was left behind on accident, and I don't think its placement was accidental. Even if I'm wrong and it was dropped accidentally, it was most likely dropped when he first pulled out the blade, and I assume he went for his primary target(s) first.
Do you think he left the sheath behind as a calling card?

I am unsurprised that BK would own this knife, particularly due to its military branding. His intense interest in criminology, law enforcement, security/policing may indicate a fetish of the field. A lot of fetishists collect or covet military and police style items, even if they themselves are not members of the military and/or LE. Huge, bizarre red flag.

I work in this field, and when I come across people who are extremely interested (literal hobbyists) without any service background themselves — you have to wonder why.

They either didn’t make the cut, or wouldn’t, or couldn’t… or (strangest, I think) want to be attached to the industry for the power, control, fetish and/or other wrong reasons.

Based on how he's been described, I don't find it super surprising. It seems like he could be pretty unpleasant to be around, so I imagine he struggled to maintain friendships. MOO And also in light of how anyone connected to the case has been doxxed and treated on social media, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to step forward and say they knew him well.

Oh I totally agree with that, but I also find it odd that no one has come forward like a teacher or classmate to say they didn't know him well but still thought "Yeah, that guy was weird" or on the other hand, "He seemed totally normal to me."

I don't think it really matters but it caught my attention that it specifies that X was found on the floor. K and M were found in a single bed. But it just says E was also found in the room.

Well...how about this? It has been reported in various media outlets that when he was arrested he allegedly asked if others had been arrested as well.

It is also known he had an interest in what a criminal's indset is before, during and after a crime. Such was the nature of his online survey/research study and request that criminals reach out to him about. And one of his neighbors indicated BK had an interest in how criminals think.

Plus his defender in PA stated that BK believes he will be exonerated.

Plus the affidavit was written prior to his apartment/car/parents house being searched. We don't yet know what, if any, incriminating DNA was found in those locations.

I wonder...perhaps HE did not commit the murders. Perhaps it is even sicker than that. Perhaps he was "studying" the actual murderer - maybe a criminal who responded to one of his queries. Perhaps he accompanied the criminal on various stalking trips to the victims' house. Perhaps the criminal was inside the house earlier than the timeframe described in the affidavit. Perhaps BK helped drive the murderer away on the premise that DNA at the murder scene wouldn't be tied to him - not realizing it was on the sheath which he assumed wouldn't have been left there. Or maybe the murderer left the scene separately and BK was there just to observe from afar - and returned the next day for the same reason.

Perhaps that is why he supposedly thinks he will be exonerated and why he asked if he was the only one arrested. If that were the case he WOULD be exonerated - from the murders themselves. But he would still spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Of course I have zero proof or confidence any of this is correct. It is something I just made up. But it is one way I can think of that could explain how his dna could have been on the sheath without having been in the house and still explain the cell phone data and his car being captured on video in corresponding locations

If something like that were true, he would be just as sick in the head - perhaps even more so - than if he did the killings himself. His fascination for criminals' mindsets and "studying" a murderer in real time would be a way to vicariously live out a fantasy he might be too afraid to carry out on his own - and perhaps justify it to himself in a sicko sort of way as he was doing it in the name of science. He doesn't kill people - he just "studies" those who do.

If they end up not finding any DNA from the victims in his car or apartment - then maybe such a line of thought would be worth looking into. My guess is they have much more solid evidence on him than has been made known and they probably found even more in his car and apartment

I wonder if he met not with a criminal, but with a hidden serial killer. These people are very strong-willed and can manipulate others. In this odd story, I can't reject any probability.

Another scenario would be still related to drugs. Maybe he was waiting for his dealer who was somehow involved. JMO but I can't throw it out of my mind, and can't explain, why.

Here’s what really has my attention: how was he was already driving by their house in June when he didn’t move out there until August? Is it possible that he found their social media accounts while still living in PA (the girls’ IG’s are public), became obsessed, and chose a university for his Ph.D program that was specifically near them so he could stalk IRL instead of online? That sounds insane, but how else to explain that he was scoping out a random street in Idaho two months before his semester at WSU started?
I think the June date is when his At&t phone number became active... not the pinging / stalking.

The suspect in the grisly murders of four University of Idaho students switched his license plate five days after his car was spotted near the crime scene, according to state records and a newly unsealed case filing.

As salacious as this headline is… I don’t think it was related to any search for his car in his mind. Very simply, his plates were about to expire. Per the affidavit. He had to do it. Or get pulled over yet again this time for expired and non registered plates. He didn’t “switch” his plates. He’s guilty, no doubt in my mind. But he didn’t “switch” his plates.

They were close to being expired and illegally not registered in a new State. Just a CYA imo

I really have to ask… why on earth was he pulled over for so many traffic stops? Not just talking about the 2 in Indiana, I’m talking even before the murder. Is it normal to be pulled over that many times in the States? I’m in another country but even so I’ve had my licence for about 15 years and I drive almost daily and I’ve only been pulled over once and that was for a random breath test.
It’s not normal. I’ve never been pulled over for a traffic stop. I live in a big city now so not really a thing, but even in my suburban hometown or rural college town - never a traffic stop. Definitely odd

Probably not used to carrying and using a knife, as a grad student they are more bookworm types. Might have been the first time using it out of his house? Killing all those people and some fighting him would have thrown off his plans... I am sure he went there to kill a specific person and it escalated as he encountered them.
Well, according to a recent Fox News story, BK wanted to be in the Army Rangers. That could explain why he had that kind of knife. IMO.

Screenshot_20230105-212542_Chrome.jpg

It was reported several threads ago that the specific address had always been a party house.
It's possible he joined some internet students' groups in an effort to learn the lie of the land and that it came up in one of those conversations?
Maybe as a recommendation for parties in the area or /and a comment about how easy it was to access.. could be something as simple as that.
In which case it was the house that was targeted rather than the students personally? JMO

Thank you for this!

What does the last sentence mean in the 5:32 pm - 5:36 pm entry:

~5:32 p.m. - 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being in the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

Are they saying that at 5:36 pm, his phone turns off but they know he’s in the same area that he drove to immediately after the homicides? For 3 hours??

Sounds like he was disposing evidence, or going back to move whatever evidence he had dropped off earlier that morning to a better spot (and trying to find that knife sheath).
I thought it was weird too.

My interpretation was that maybe his phone battery died and maybe he went home to sleep. Three hours is a long time.
However, it's worded strangely and that was what I came up with. It doesn't mean I'm correct at all. As a matter of fact, I'm probably 99.9% wrong. It's just that it was worded so strangely, I couldn't think of anything else.

Wow, is this ever moving fast. But, for those of you who cannot fathom how quickly a K-knife wielding, boxing-trained person could kill 4 people in 9-10 minutes, well, it happens in combat (and not just the military of one nation, but many nations).

IMO. MOO. Training for this kind of thing is something that some humans do, most of them are not going to use their skill to be a mass murderer.

It's very much like using a gun to kill, if a person trains. So while I am shocked (very) that this method was used here, it is entirely within the realm of known possibility.
He had to park, walk to the house, then commit his crime, then walk back to his car. We need to know where his car was to really know if the timeline fits. Then there is this conflicting problem of him not having the knife experience to remember his sheath, but he was efficient enough with the knife to do it quickly. JMO

edit grammar

Last edited:
Where does the June drive by come from? The PCA states LE got a warrant to search phone records starting in June but it only mentions August 21 2002 as the earliest date of interest. Page 16 of PCA

The roommate identified him as male and likely his thin build and height matched BK because investigators believe the roommate saw BK walking by her. Proof? No. But it is eyewitness testimony that adds to the other evidence. Totality of evidence - circumstantial and direct evidence adding up.
Preponderance of evidence is fine for civil trials. Criminal convictions require proof beyond a reasonable doubt and I'm just not convinced we're there yet. Bear in mind we haven't seen all of the prosecution's cards. But we haven't seen any of the defense's cards. As far as this witness, she will do far more for the establishment of timeline than identity. And so far there has been no attempt to provide a motive. But motive and direct evidence are not required to get a conviction, just proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Like I said, I'm just not convinced we're there yet. YMMV

Respectfully, the FBI has denied having anything to do with the Indiana traffic stops.

Yes, and.... the paragraph before the FBI denial says that a source said LE in IN was asked. Who knows? Yet, it is odd that he was stopped twice and never had his license run, didn't get a warning or ticket, and had two very friendly cops who chatted them up. When I have been pulled over, I never get the chat. And, I know not a single person who was pulled over twice in a short space of time who was not being followed for some reason-- drugs, suspicious behavior or custody issues in the cases I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong