Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

from an email - it is only the location - date & time are the same.

Case Event Notification-San Diego County DA

THE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR CASE CS319857:

The event "Preliminary Exam" scheduled for Jan 11 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in department 9 HAS BEEN CHANGED to Jan 11 2023 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, Central Courthouse in department 102.

JAN 6

SAN DIEGO — Two years ago, Chula vista mother of three, Maya Millete, went missing. She still has not been found.

Next week, a preliminary hearing is set for her husband, Larry Millete, who is charged with Maya’s murder.

Wednesday’s hearing is not a trial. There are no jurors. Evidence will be presented, and witnesses will testify over the course of two to three weeks in the Downtown San Diego courthouse.

In the end, Judge Dwayne Moring – who is both a former public defender, and a former San Diego prosecutor – will decide if there is enough evidence for Millete to go to trial for murder.

More at Preliminary hearing for Larry Millete expected to take weeks

JAN 6

SAN DIEGO — Two years ago, Chula vista mother of three, Maya Millete, went missing. She still has not been found.

Next week, a preliminary hearing is set for her husband, Larry Millete, who is charged with Maya’s murder.

Wednesday’s hearing is not a trial. There are no jurors. Evidence will be presented, and witnesses will testify over the course of two to three weeks in the Downtown San Diego courthouse.

In the end, Judge Dwayne Moring – who is both a former public defender, and a former San Diego prosecutor – will decide if there is enough evidence for Millete to go to trial for murder.

More at Preliminary hearing for Larry Millete expected to take weeks
Fingets crossed.

Updated: 7:29 PM PST January 6, 2023

Wednesday’s [preliminary] hearing is not a trial. There are no jurors. Evidence will be presented, and witnesses will testify over two to three weeks in the Downtown San Diego courthouse.

[..]

The day after Maya went missing, Larry drove away from Chula Vista in the family’s Lexus SUV with his four-year-old son. He was gone for 12 hours, initially telling police he went to Solana Beach and later saying he went to Torrey Pines beach, court records allege.

The SUV could not be tracked. Larry's cell phone was turned off all day, according to police.

Search teams have looked for Maya's remains all over San Diego and Imperial counties for the past two years. Larry Millete never participated in any of those searches.

Millete’s defense attorney, Bonita Martinez, has argued that Maya could still be alive. Without a body, she said, her client should not be convicted of murder.

Maya has not been forgotten. Remembering her beauty, talent, and love for her children and her Family, and love for Life. How I wish she will be found soon. Prayers.

They had a Hike for Maya today.
1673155517463.png

Last edited:
Wednesday, January 11th:
*Preliminary Hearing (murder) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 41) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21). Found mentally competent to stand trial (9/26/22).
*Larry Millete (39/now 41) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Guardianship: Trial in June, 2023 (no specific date).
Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 10/24/22 reference post #336 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-17

11/4/22 Update: Guardianship: The family of missing Chula Vista mom Maya Millete has been seeking custody & more visitation from the very beginning of this horrific ordeal. So far, they have been unable to come to an agreement regarding joint custody. On Monday, they asked for a trial to force the issue. On Monday, a court appointed guardian for the children requested what is called a 730 evaluation to get a professional psychiatric account of the children’s current emotional state. This is common in family court proceedings, but costly & can take anywhere from three to five months. It was granted. Murder: Preliminary exam readiness hearing on 12/6/22 & a preliminary hearing on 1/11/23.
12/6/22 Update: Murder: Next preliminary hearing on 1/11/23, which will last about 3 weeks.

So glad we're finally at the preliminary stage. I still think about Maya every day, I wish she'd be found. I hope her children will learn and accept the terrible facts, after all the brainwashing they endured (and still do probably). MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111_112255_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_112255_Chrome.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 5
Oh, my heart hurts.

I'm watching the hearing. On the stand, an employee of the divorce attorney Maya contacted.

You get the harrowing impression she was fearful and desperate.

She did not want an in-person meeting, afraid she'd be followed. Declined a rush, next-day appointment. Wanted to celebrate her daughter's birthday first.

Atypical to other callers, Maya filled out her intake paperwork immediately.

Court showed one portion. Emergency contact person/spouse.

She provided LM.

Heart snap.

I can almost feel Maya pausing. Fearful of Larry, desperate to file for divorce discreetly, choosing to comply. Makes me think that, as a person, she's a rule follower. She filled out the form as requested, despite the situation. Frankly it's an unfortunate question for divorce intake.

i don't know why it struck me so sharply. I just hurt for her, can feel how much she was shouldering just then.

There's just got to be a safe way out of these deadly marriages.

JMO

If you're not local and want to watch the trial, Roku channel 134.

Is there a way to watch this now?
Live (when court is on session) on 7San Diego News

Last edited:
I'm still watching the prelim. Investigator/ photographer/ documentor is on the stand.

Did we know the door/frame to the main bedroom was damaged? Did we know there was blood spatter on the main bathroom ceiling???? An area 2 ft by 3 ft? Plus another area in that bathroom, presumptive test positive.

It's so hard to see Maya's home....

JMO

Last edited:
Intelligent people will surely put it together and find Larry guilty. It's too much of a coincidence! So many things he did were nasty. Remember, too, he was running around town talking to her boss and all those witnesses that will testify. Please, Justice for Maya. I'm sorry for this first witness feeling guilt and remorse. She never expected Larry to react so... IMO, murderously.

WATCH RELATED: Larry Millete hearing Day 1 | Judge hears evidence surrounding missing mother, Maya Millete

Up first on the witness stand, Desteny Johnson. She testified she works at Broaden Law Office in Chula Vista. She told the judge Maya contacted the office January 7, 2021 to schedule an appointment with a divorce attorney. Johnson said she does the intake of clients. She spent several minutes with Maya on the phone.

She painted a picture of a woman who loved her children, and was terrified of what her husband's reaction was going to be

"She said they had separated before and it was not good," testified Johnson. "She did say she was concerned about the reaction that would happen if it was found out she was filing."

Johnson said she was concerned about Maya's safety. She testified Maya was afraid of visiting the law office in person, because she feared Larry would find out.
She said she told Maya the situation seemed urgent and she should speak with a divorce attorney the next day. However, Johnson said Maya was adamant about celebrating her daughter's birthday at Big Bear that weekend. She was very excited about the trip and didn't want to spoil it. She said Maya made an appointment for the following week.

"It's part of my job to speak to people in some of the most difficult times," said Johnson. "You never expect to hang up the phone and be in a situation where everything's changed for their family, and there's just certain things about that that will live with me forever."

"I do feel some remorse for sending her an intake form," she said tearfully. "I feel like that was maybe something that was discoverable and it has made me question my role.
And for that, I'm just not going to forget it"

Maya went missing that same day. BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear