MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you change the date to Sunday 1st January 2023, you'll see that the first flight from Boston Logan airport to Washington DC was at 09.20hrs.

Her house in Cohasset, MA is a 40 mins drive from Boston Airport. So wasn't leaving at 04.00hrs for a 09.20hrs flight very early?? You don't need to leave 5 hours and 20 mins before, especially as there will hardly be any traffic at that time on a Sunday, and New Year's Day as well!

She had a flight booked for the 3rd January, not the 1st, but was hoping to get on an earlier one.

Well, you wouldn't just turn up at the airport hoping, would you? You'd phone the airline asking if they had availability on the 1st January flight at least the day before....?

New Year's Day was a Sunday, so I'm not sure what the big hurry to get back to D.C. in the early hours of the morning was.....

you don’t even have to phone the airport or even the airline, if one travels frequently enough as she did they’d have airline apps with boarding passes right on their phone. It literally takes one minute to change flights.

If you change the date to Sunday 1st January 2023, you'll see that the first flight from Boston Logan airport to Washington DC was at 09.20hrs.

Her house in Cohasset, MA is a 40 mins drive from Boston Airport. So wasn't leaving at 04.00hrs for a 09.20hrs flight very early?? You don't need to leave 5 hours and 20 mins before, especially as there will hardly be any traffic at that time on a Sunday, and New Year's Day as well!
I'll qualify this by saying nothing adds up in terms of her travel plans, however having flown from Logan to the DC area, Dulles is one of three options. There were earlier flights taking off from Boston headed to Baltimore Washington (BWI) and Ronald Reagan (DCA) that were earlier than 930. So it is plausible that she was trying to make the 5:20 to BWI (if she left closer to 4AM) or the 8AM to DCA (if it was 5AM that she departed her home). Door to door you can make the trip to logan from Cohasset in under 40 minutes at that time of the day.

That's some great sleuthing right there! Nice work!

Random but i’m in my hometown near Cohasset right now for the holidays and I also live in Friendship Heights (DC)… I always fly from BOS - DCA (Reagan) because DCA is most accessible from my home in Friendship Heights. Additionally, American Airlines typically runs these BOS to DCA flights every 45 mins or so - a lot of people are flying between these cities. Maybe totally irrelevant but just wanted to maybe provide insight into possible travel plans? I also typically take the “Logan Express” shuttle from a place near my home that takes me directly into Logan. If there’s no record of Ana using a ride share, maybe she made her way to a Logan Express terminal. Tickets for Logan Express can be purchased with cash and they DONT take your name down.

JAN 6, 2023
  • Friends said she was supposed to catch a flight Sunday from Boston to DC
  • She left her home Sunday at around 4 a.m.
  • Chief Quigley said they are investigating reports that she got into a rideshare vehicle but can’t confirm that she did
  • Quigley confirmed that she did not board a flight
  • “We have nothing to support anything suspicious or criminal.”
  • She was reported missing on Wednesday by her husband and her employer
  • Quigley said it was reported that Ana had her luggage with her
  • Her cellphone has been off since the first of the year
  • No evidence that her debit, or credit cards have been used
  • A K-9 unit searched the area of Ana’s home in Cohasset
  • LE also searched her D.C. townhome and verified that her vehicle is still there

The fact they were searching for her today .5 miles from her house, in the woods, tells me that's probably as far as she made it, the day she left home. And, that she's still in the general area.

jmo

Hearing reports that their primary residence burned down earlier today. Trying to locate a corroborating article.

ETA: here is the link
Link

IMO, too much of a coincidence
Thank you for the link, and Welcome to Websleuths. :) I'm still trying to absorb the facts here so I'm going to make some notes from this article.

JAN 6, 2023
  • Ana Walshe resided in the home until recently. Zillow shows the property was last sold on March 17, 2022.
  • Three adults and a baby all exited the home safely, officials said.
  • Meanwhile, LE spent much of the day searching an area adjacent to Chief Justice Cushing Highway (Route 3A)
  • She's active on SM, but friends say she went silent on Sunday when she was due to catch a flight.
  • "There was a flight booked. She did have a ticket issued for Jan. 3. She never got on that flight."

What an interesting case ... so much info but yet so little. I just had a look at her IG Account She has three adorable little boys who must really be missing their mom. It is confusing as to why she wasn't heard from for days before reported missing. Hoping for more news soon, that she is found ... safe, well and warm ... and on her way home. Moo

At 39yo she is the prime age for the mid-life crisis to possibly appear. However, this sharp lady seemed to have her life together. She successfully held a magnificent position with a major RE business. Her children are very young. Agree she'd prefer free time spent with them until JAN 3rd when she would return to DC using the ticket that was meant to be used.

Before she left, as the husband slept, by whom and when was she last seen?

It's odd that there's no evidence insofar as a cctv, Nest video, driver to the airport, plane ticket purchase for the JAN 1, arrival at airports, that she did leave on her own volition. The area LE is searching tells me they don't think she took a flight out of town.

Maybe she left on someone’s private jet? IMO
If so, whether it was by choice or coercion we don't know.

Excerpt from local news Boston 25:
"I am in Cohasset for a truly strange mystery: the disappearance of Ana Walshe.
The 39 year old mother of three has disappeared under some very odd circumstances.
Ana Walshe has been missing since Sunday, January 1st.
Police say Ana’s family last saw her on New Years Day at about 4-5AM, when she allegedly left the house to grab a rideshare to take her to Logan for an early flight to DC.
Ana never got there.
Her family reported her missing on Wednesday, January 4th.

It gets weirder.
Ana did hold a plane ticket to DC for Tuesday January 3rd. Obviously, she never used it.
Why the sudden change of plans?

It gets even weirder.
Friday afternoon, a big fire broke out in the attic of 725 Jersusalem Rd on the other side of Cohasset. Ana and her husband lived in that same house up until five months ago when they sold it.
Coincidence?
Speaking of Ana’s husband, Brian Walshe (who police say is cooperating with the investigation) recently pleaded guilty in federal court on charges of selling fake Andy Warhol prints to an investor. He is waiting to be sentenced. Cohasset’s Police Chief said this morning, Brian’s case is not related to Ana’s disappearance.
I tried to talk to Brian today, but he wasn’t home.
What does it all mean?
Where is Ana?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members