ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to be more specific in the future. Collectively, "they" have said many, many things about this case, much of it untrue.

I won't speculate on who, if anyone, fought back because we still know very little about what occurred in the house that night.
I was I posted a link

MOO Ambushes overpower with surprise.
I had to step away from this forum because this crime has shaken me to my core. I live in a very safe area, my boyfriend is 6’1” 240 pounds, I have a large dog, but despite all this I haven’t slept at night in a week. I am terrified and all I can see when I close my eyes is someone coming at me with a knife. If this can happen to them it can happen anyone. My sense of safety is gone. I cannot imagine what these poor victims felt, utter terror. I just hope their pain was very short lived. This guy needs to get the death penalty. And I hope he sits on death row for many years first. Why? I just cannot fathom why someone / anyone does something so horrific. My mind cannot reconcile it. I am so glad to have this space with all of you. My boyfriend doesn’t understand how I can still be following along if I am so scared, but I just have to. I want to see him get nailed to the wall.

My heart goes out to all of the families. I cannot imagine what his family must be going through. With all of the evidence stacked against him they HAVE to know he did this. The evidence paired with his odd behavior tells me he is guilty. So sad. All of it.

Why do you think he returned to the crime scene around 9-9:30 a.m the morning of the murders?
Remember, the 911 call didn't come until noon.
He may have realized he left the knife sheath and was looking to see if he could retrieve it. Or may have wanted to see the police presence that he expected to be there to see the impact of what he did. MOO

There were 6 bedrooms and 6 tenants not that long ago. Tenant No.6 moved out of the other second floor bedroom. Kaylee had moved out, but was visiting for the weekend. She was vacating the bedroom with the balcony on the third floor. It sounds like DM, one of the surviving tenants, was moving into the second floor bedroom, and was sleeping in that room on the night of the murders.

After checking on a noise for the third time from the second floor bedroom, he walked past her. She was frozen in fear, then she ran to the basement bedroom and locked the door. That's what I understood from the affidavit.

He didn't expect to get caught. He thought that: if he turned off his phone during the murders, no one would connect his phone to the murders. He didn't expect CCTV to connect his car to the crime scene because the car on CCTV had PA plates and no plate on the front, and five days after the murder he had WA plates.
This is what I'd read in the news, but is it actually true? I'd thought the two surviving housemates had bedrooms in the basement; however, the affidavit puts the surviving housemate who saw the perp on the same floor as Xana - it says that she opened the door to her room and the perp walked by her and out the screen door. So that must have put her in the other bedroom on the second floor.

The screenshot looks creepy but if you watch the video, he seems to do it as a greeting, formality, after he said something to her. It looked normal to me in video format, imo.
Yes. I was just getting flashbacks of Casey Anthony and Jose. :oops: Sorry, Lol.

1. 4:17 is when the whimper and thud happened and also the dog STARTED barking, as captured on the neighboring ring/ security camera audio. Clearly states all three happened at 4:17.
  2. I believe he might have gone back to the crime scene mid-morning bc he knew his knife sheath was missing. I believe he ran out of there in a panic right around that 4:17am time thinking that 911 was being called after all the commotion. When he heard nothing for hours, he went back to the house after cleaning up and hiding evidence, wondering if he should go back in and try to find the sheath but couldn’t follow through in daylight with people going about their morning routines. I believe he did not see DM witness him from her cracked door.
  3. As indicated in the PCA, BK left his apartment at 2:42am November 13. This is one hour after MM and KG were seen on the GrubTruck livestream. I wonder if he had a pattern of watching the livestream, spotting MM, KG or anyone else living in the house, waiting a bit and then going to the 1122 house to watch them. He could have known they frequently went to the truck as a final stop after a night out, and then they immediately go home and soon to bed. So instead of physically stalking them the entire night or waiting around in his car for hours outside of the residence while they were out, he may have conveniently realized he could wait to spot them on the livestream and then head that way.
  4. Wasn’t X’s dad at the house several days earlier to help with locks on doors?? I believe these girls saw someone stalking, sensed something. Perhaps he’d been inside the house before on one of his many visits to that address, while they were out or even while they were asleep. Maybe they found things out of place or missing. Idk has there been any further information about her dad fixing the locks? Moo and Tia

KaBars are branded with USMC on it - you can buy it on Amazon exactly as described in the PCA. I think they use it as advertising "oh this is a Marine knife, it's a good one" not necessarily that that is a knife truly issued by the USMC. IMO he just picked out a big, sharp knife that is readily available to purchase rather than any big connection to the military

This knife was issued to some military personnel. It is my understanding, many in special ops replaced it with better options.

I don't think he is a regular user of knives.

One sign is that he did not have the sheath secured by his belt. If he had, it would not have been left behind.

I think he attached this knife to killing due to the USMC association.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

On the issue of BCK returning to the house approx. 5 hours after leaving the scene:

IMO this was because during the 15 minutes or so he was inside the house the adrenaline would have been coursing through his body and he failed to notice he no longer had the knife sheath until sometime after he had left the scene. It's not difficult to imagine that he might not have realised he did not have the sheath until he had returned home and regained his senses and capacity to "think". And there are multiple plausible scenarios in which the sheath could have fallen from his possession without him noticing (whether it was on a belt, in a pocket, in his hand etc) during what must have been an extremely chaotic 15 minutes or so while he was inside the home.

If it is accepted he only realised the sheath was gone sometime between leaving the house and returning home (presumably confirmed after he tossed the car in an unsuccessful bid to locate it), I think he then assumed he must have dropped it at the scene but probably did not know exactly where - inside the house? the entrance? the route he had taken between the house and returning to his parked car?

At this point it's safe to assume he was panicked because if the sheath was found, his goose could quite easily be cooked. In that regard, I don't believe the sheath was intentionally left behind - I think it was completely unintended.

So he plucks up the courage and decides to return to the area with the initial aim of ascertaining whether there was any police presence there yet. Realising there wasn't but obviously not wanting to hang around, he probably looked for it around where he had parked and perhaps even retraced some of his steps towards the house. Not finding it, he must have then assumed it was somewhere inside the house and decided there was no way he could re-enter to look for it and departed.

Who knows, having realised that there was no activity in/around the home, maybe momentarily he even entertained the thought of re-entering and, if need be, killing anyone inside in order to find & retrieve the sheath. He would have been sweating bullets about it though (in addition to his car) in the days and weeks that followed.

We may never hear what actually happened, the full truth, from the horses mouth and so may have to make do with theory and inference. But this is the strongest explanation based on the presently known facts for why someone who had killed 4 people only hours earlier would risk returning to the scene as he appears to have done and for the amount of time he was there.

JMO.

DM heard commotion upstairs first. Then she heard a women's voice, then she heard crying, then she heard a man's voice and then she saw a male leave the residence. I didn't read that she heard the "thud" or the "dog barking", right?

I'm not sure what that 1112 residence camera recorded at 4:17am. Possibly it was him running from the residence, maybe he was the one whimpering, a different dog, car door, etc.

But DM heard 4 different much quieter interactions that obviously weren't detected by the neighbor's camera. If she didn't hear or notice the thud or the dog, I don't understand how that could have been from within the house. I'm not saying the sounds aren't related the crime. I'm just saying it makes more sense that they were outside rather than inside. JMHO.

NewsNation Interview w/Former FBI Agent - Basically, he was book smart but probably lacked common sense. Drives his own car to the murder scene, was not anticipating things that went wrong, leaves behind sheath, etc...
I agree and have been thinking this, book smart and street smart ( common sense) are 2 different things. IMO

I think his sexual arousal - piquerism and his emotions totally took over. Any of his alleged book smarts were quick to be forgotten. BK was after one or both M and/or K. He was sloppy and I do think there was a sexual nature in the murders. IMOO
Perhaps...but it appears to be more an issue of absolute CONTROL. >>."Let me help you"<<<says it all. His only utterance prior to killing X. MOO. NOT BASED ON ANY FACTS.

Do you know if a cell phone would retain something that showed which routers its connectivity system caught wind of?

I appreciate your knowledge about this very much.
I doubt it. I would only expect a phone to log events for networks to which it is (or was previously) joined. That said, I am often surprised to learn what is being logged by various devices and software, so I can't say for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam