ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I live in a home with my husband and children. This house was a SHARED house with 5-6 girls living there.

I am 100% certain this is not the first time one of them saw someone the didn’t know walking around the house. The PAC states a mask covering nose and mouth - this seems like a covid mask. Again in december 2022 not an unusual thing.

People are comparing seeing a stranger in their homes to this house and it’s simply NOT comparable. Their bedrooms were there, everything else was shared space and from what it should like - many friends had been there!

Last edited by a moderator:
And when those young women walk into the courtroom to testify it may not include only the two who lived in the house. IMO one of the people who showed up was likely EC’s sister.
When they walk into the courtroom to testify-
- they will be well prepared
- they will be facing their fears
- they will do so with strength and bravery most of us can’t muster
- they will be heroes

JMO
Individually, those may be personal achievements for some of them, but in the court of law, it will be their credibility that counts.

Many citizens and victims family are puzzled too. By the end of the day it might be the house that was targeted. BK did found the perfect crime scene and with young peoples use of social media where everything is exposed, it was easy to do the planning.
I certainly hope police have asked her directly by now what her reasoning was.

Reactions: IDK
A quick search reveals many sudden, swift fatal or life changing stabbings in the US,several at parties the past few years.
I am not understanding why there is such surprise at how quick it is to lash out, jab and fatally stab anyone, more so those in a vulnerable, dozing off position.

The 3 year old birthday girl in Boise died. It was a random, targeted attack.
"The tragedy was that a 3-year-old little girl was having a birthday party just a few doors down from where Kinner had been staying," Bones said. "Kinner attacked, targeting the children initially. The 3-year-old girl, whose birthday it was, was one of those seriously injured."
He said Kinner then proceeded to allegedly stab other children attending the birthday party, two 4-year-olds, a 6-year-old, an 8-year-old and a 12-year-old. He then allegedly knifed three adults who tried to stop the attack, Bones said.

IMO, DM might have locked her door at the specific point she did because she'd been disturbed multiple times, and she thought that other people weren't just still up and making noise but now they're actually inviting people over, more people might be passing through, and she was done dealing with that for the night.

I’ve come around to think this as well. If DM had her door opened slightly, this would be the angle. Without light, and if he was booking out of there in a panic due to an unexpected encounter with Ethan, he may well have missed her. Thank god.
JMO.
View attachment 393604
That's a great picture angle. Even the door is partly open. Thank you for posting this. Imo.

According to the affidavit DM saw BK leave the area through sliding door on 2nd floor, then she locked the room door. That's why LE are puzzled.
No, she did not see him leave. The affidavit says she saw him walk towards the sliding glass door, at which point she locked her bedroom door. LE says they assume the suspect left the home at that time.

I think MSM may be reporting incorrect info re: DM… has anyone else heard/seen reports of the same information as below?

I was just catching up on news on the DVR from yesterday and about 21 minutes into the Faulkner Focus, Ted Williams, correspondent and former homicide detective stated that the killer looked right at DM, locked eyes with her, and left… reiterating that the killer definitely SAW DM… the same was reported by Judge Janine Pirro a few hours later on Martha McCallum’s show…

I read the PCA and after reading the part about what DM witnessed, I immediately thought to myself… “soooo, does this mean the killer saw her, or not?” — to me, and the way I read the PCA, it does not clearly specify if he even saw her or not.

Also, I know there is currently a gag order in effect, so neither Moscow PD, nor the prosecutors office have made mention of or clarified this, to my knowledge.

Does anyone know if any other news outlets have reported this same information, that the killer most definitely saw DM? I have been looking around at other news sources for a few hours and have not seen the same reporting. I wonder if this is true or if Fox News is speculating/jumping to conclusions and reporting this unknown information as fact?

Thanks in advance!

It’s the Battle for the Clicks ladies and gentlemen. Keep your mind safe. Stick to this forum and LE facts.

Thanks for the clarification. As I mentioned, I only have listened to the document, but several times, ie I did not "see" it, and one of the readers mentioned a redacted page.

So, that leaves my original question on the table, why did they omit where EC's body was found?

I don’t believe they did omit it. From the affidavit: “Also in the room was a male, later identified as Ethan Chapin, hereafter, "Chapin".” And ‘the room’ is Xana’s room. They could have given more detail—e.g. was he on the bed or the floor?—but it’s not necessary—not relevant to the point of the affidavit.

MOO

I think it's safe to say he almost certainly did not know his dNA was on it because he had cleaned it well and just forgot that one teeny weeny spot in his brilliance...
If I could have been a fly on the wall for that one bit when he read it...his face...
he may well have left it intentionally to divert attention from a main target if he had a main target, Ethan , for example...
But I don't personally believe that at this point ..
Because he could just as easily have entered, killed one and left without making a sound or waking anybody else in the house..
Nobody screamed.
Not one victim.
He could've itched his face before touching the sheath maybe. Something silly like that.

Maybe he just forgot to clean the button part.

If there were a hung jury, they’d try him again, and again, and again....And they’d eventually win. I’ve seen it happen, specially with particularly heinous crimes.

MOO
You've seen someone tried 4 times in the same court for the same crime, due to a hung jury each of the first three times? Love to hear about it.

I'm aware of one case of 6 criminal (re)prosecutions, but 4 convictions were achieved but reversed on appeal. (Curtis Flowers, murder, Mississippi)

And in a couple minutes looking found this piece, which is recent and oriented toward arguing against repeated prosecutions for hung juries, but it refers to third trials as exceptionally rare), so I'm curious.

https://www.hklaw.com/-/media/files...uld-a-court-limit-repeated-retrials.pdf?la=fr

(nothing discussed in this note is of the "heinous" variety; initial focus is on a regulatory violation related to chicken industry price-fixing).

Where in the PCA are you seeing any mention of LE using ancestry databases to develop a suspect?
Ah, not in affidavit, reported in major prestige press:

Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, a source with knowledge of the case told CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to his identification as the suspect, the source said.

Also:
so first according to major prestige press was ancestry database, then garbage, and finally cheek swab

No where in the affidavit does it state that DM saw suspect leave through the doors or that she locked the door.

It does not say she saw him leave through the doors.
It says she saw him walk toward the back sliding door.

It does say she locked herself in her room after seeing him.

It also tells the complete and detailed description she gave to LE. And it later tells that it was that description that linked the Oct 2022 traffic stop, white Elantra, and BK By WSU LE.

Did she know if he had left the house? No.
Did she lock the outer door And lock him out? No.
Do we know if her cell phone was in her room? No.
Do we know if she was in a state to be able to talk? No.
Do we know if she was afraid of him, knew she was in danger? No.
Do we know if she normally locked her door, or if this was different? No.

Here is the quote= without spaces from page 4 and 5.

D.M.statedsheopened herdoorforthethirdtimeaftersheheardthecryingandsawa figure cladinblackclothingandamaskthat coveredthe person's mouthandnosewalking
towardsher.D.M.describedthefigure as "ortaller,male,notverymuscular,but athleticallybuiltwithbushyeyebrows.ThemalewalkedpastD.M.asshestoodina frozen shockphase. Themalewalkedtowardsthebackslidingglassdoor.D.M.lockedherselfinher

room after seeingthe male. D.M. did not state that she recognized the male.

PCA from NYT

JMO

According to the affidavit DM saw BK leave the area through sliding door on 2nd floor, then she locked the room door. That's why LE are puzzled.

No, according to the affidavit, DM didn’t see him leave.

“The male walked towards the back sliding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her

Page 6/19

room after seeing the male. D.M. did not state that she recognized the male. This leads investigators to believe that the murderer left the scene.”

The PCA mentions that DM's phone was in touch with Bethany's phone (first floor surviving roommate) after the murders, so it is likely that DM had her phone. She may have tried to text or call Maddie, Kaylee and/or Xana and not received a reply. Perhaps couldn't reach Bethany for awhile because maybe Bethany wasn't picking up her phone or responding to a text as she was still sleeping. Eventually the PCA indicates that the two surviving roommates did connect, based on data from their phones. (As indicated in PCA)
Is it possible to copy and post where it states DM’s phone was in touch with Bethany’s phone in the PCA? I might be missing a page or two in my copy.

Because it was a known party house, that might be the exact reason why it was chosen. He could get inside the house at some point to check the layout prior to the murders by stopping by the party at some point, and he also could have checked for patterns / times and days of parties, etc. And with so many people in and out, lots of DNA, also perhaps could detect easy entrance. Others reason he might have targeted this house specifically was the view from the tree area in the back not too far from the sliding door, the ability to see inside the house when lights were on and it was dark outside, curtains not pulled - and perhaps the notoriety of murdering four young, attractive students, especially when asleep and after a night out of drinking on the weekend, perhaps sleeping more soundly. JMO.
He might also have looked on Zillow. A clear-thinking, intelligent person could probably deduce a reasonable picture of a house's interior just by poking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie