ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Take notice folks ... Websleuths will not tolerate disparaging comments about other members.

If you engage in rude personal attacks against another member, you will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out. Depending on the consequences of such attacks, there may be a permanent loss of posting privileges.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Can anyone confirm that BK's DNA was matched through a cheek swab, as someone posted at the last of the previous thread?

I hadn't heard that. I thought it was through his father's DNA left in garbage that the FBI retrieved, but could be wrong.

Last edited:
Is it normal for college kids to order food at 4am?
When they are up drinking until 2, yup. I'm guessing they came home, hung out and when E was asleep wanted something to eat. Totally normal.

ETA - normal for anyone to do at anytime. Not just related to drinking. Studying. Working. Partying. Not able to sleep. Working on a project. People order food 24 hours a day when they are hungry.

On the issue of the cheek swab, yes this is not specified anywhere, but I think that they would have taken one rises to credible level with the search warrant for his person. I am not referring to results of a cheek swab, but to the virtual certainty that they would have taken one. In most US jurisdictions buccal swab can simply be taken as part of booking procedure. States that limit it do it with very low probable cause requirement: heresy affidavit and low "fair probability" threshold.
So yes we don't know that he was swabbed or even fingerprinted, but it is a very very high probability.

Can anyone confirm that BK's DNA was matched through a cheek swab, as someone posted at the last of the previous thread?

I hadn't heard that. I thought it was through his father's DNA left in garbage that the FBI retrieved, but could be wrong.

How could LE take a cheek swab to match DNA after someone is arrested?
You are correct. The DNA on the sheath was matched to BK's father's DNA "obtained from the trash". (PCA page 18)

I think that within the post you are referring to, the member was saying that once a person is arrested (in many states), LE is allowed to retrieve a sample of their DNA through a cheek swab.

To my knowledge, we do not know if this was done. I do not know Idaho laws regarding sampling of DNA from those who are incarcerated.

it would be sense thing to do to more likely exclude his father, which even if he would be placed elsewhere, could confuse the jury.
In most states it is part of booking procedure for felony, in others the threshold is extremely low

Is it normal for college kids to order food at 4am?

What's not normal about this whole scenario is a 28-year-old stalking their house, parking outside, and breaking in to kill four young college students in the prime of their life, enjoying being young and settling down after a fun night out at bars, and/or parties. The housemate's behavior doesn't seem very weird to me at all.
I'm not intending this to be a swipe at you just in general that this crime should NEVER have happened.

You are correct. The DNA on the sheath was matched to BK's father's DNA "obtained from the trash". (PCA page 18)

I think that within the post you are referring to, the member was saying that once a person is arrested (in many states), LE is allowed to retrieve a sample of their DNA through a cheek swab.

To my knowledge, we do not know if this was done. I do not know Idaho laws regarding sampling of DNA from those who are incarcerated.
I'm pretty sure they got DNA directly from BK after his arrest. They need a warrant to swab for DNA. They do this with all DNA that was not obtained with a warrant.

Bringing over from previous thread:

I know. KG and M in bed. XK on floor. EC in bedroom, but not mentioned on floor, by the wall, etc.

Looks like I'm the only one interested in this, so I'll just let it be for now.
Sorry I missed your point. I guess it wasn't considered relevant to the PCA where in X's room E was found. But it could be relevant to the prosecution's case in terms of how each of them was attacked & wounded (e.g., to totally disable/eliminate someone like E who might be able to physically stop or hinder the murderer, versus someone who could not physically stop them and was killed outright/in a different manner based on forensic evidence) & in what order, that could be critical to revealing how the murders were planned out and/or accomplished.

I've always thought E represented the greatest possible impediment to committing the murders uninterrupted, and have also thought the attack on him was perhaps much more vicious for this reason, and he may have been found in an especially gruesome position or condition, so LE has held back on details about E's murder on purpose because it wouldn't matter in terms of arresting him... yet... at this stage..., and might be too shocking and damaging to his family to have it be public knowledge that he was treated differently by the killer to include in a PCA. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998